Chapter 1: Request From the Heart

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Dude, I just heard my manager talking about We Got Married.” Amber announces to Henry who is busy taking pictures of his new shoes. The man seems not that interested and continues doing whatever he is doing with his camera but another male sitting next to him sits up to greet Amber.

“What about it?” Chanyeol sounds slightly uninterested but a smile is ever present on his face.

Henry sighs and decides to pay attention to his friends.

“As long as my name didn’t come up I don’t really care at the moment.”

Amber shakes her head.

“You were on it! Aren’t you a little bit interested? At all?”

The only response Amber gets is a shrug.

“Well, at least Chanyeol here cares about my great ability to eavesdrop…” Amber begins to pout.

“How does that make me uncaring?” Henry retaliates.

“Anyways, what were you going to say?” Chanyeol breaks the two up before he really has to physically break them up. “I need to leave soon so…” He leaves it hanging.

“Yes! Right, well.” She clears . “So, apparently they are going to start looking for a new couple! Isn’t that exciting!”

Henry shrugs again. He goes back to looking at his phone. However, Chanyeol’s face, for a split second, changes.

“For real?”

Amber nods her head and claps her hands excitedly.

“I’ve been wanting to be on that show for so long! I’m so gonna go ask for it!”

Chanyeol zones out for a while. EXO’s manager walks over to the group and calls out for Chanyeol who flinches at being caught off guard. Chanyeol stands up and bids his friends goodbye before following the manager out of SM building.

Inside the black van, Chanyeol sits in the passenger seat with Sehun and Kai in the back playing a very loud video game. Chanyeol, so used to the maknaes’ behavior, ignores all the noise and turns his attention to his manager. The man looks stressed, being the manager of a famous group must take toll on the poor man, but he always makes sure to take care of the boys. Chanyeol can only smile at the man, not that much older than him, because that’s his way of showing gratitude.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol asks quietly but they are sitting close enough to hear one another over the loud crashing noises from behind, “did you hear anything about reality TV shows? Maybe one’s from MBC?” His way of being subtle.

The manager seems to think about it for a second before his face morphs into remembrance.

“I wasn’t actually supposed to tell you guys about it,” he looks apprehensive, poor man, “but I think it should be fine. What could go wrong, right?”

Chanyeol’s confused about the secrecy but urges his hyung to continue.

“Well, you know We Got Married, right? Well, they seem to be ending one of their couples, don’t tell anyone about that, but now they need new people to replace them.”

“Why did Prez tell you to keep it a secret?” Sehun’s voice comes from the back, surprisingly louder than their game. Kai nods his head but they’re both still fully immersed in their game.

Chanyeol can’t help but agree with Sehun. Why?

“Well,” the man looks back at the two through his rearview mirror, “I’m not too sure but I think he already picked someone he wants to recommend for it. Maybe he didn’t want you guys to feel bad for not being picked?”

Kai snorts and Sehun rolls his eyes. It’s always hard to read what the two are thinking, but Chanyeol can tell that it’s not something nice.

“You sure about that?” Chanyeol asks this time.

“I think,” their manager looks at the man sitting next to him, “we are here, go get your stuff and we will regroup with the rest of the members back here in fifteen minutes? Okay?” He pulls up to their underground parking of their dorm.

Sehun and Kai jump out of the car and Kai only waves his hand to show that he did hear the man.

“I mean it! No more than fifteen minutes! We have to be at the studio on time!” The manager screams out for the two maknaes with a stern, what he thinks is stern, voice. He can only sigh when they disappear into the elevator so he turns his attention back to Chanyeol who is about to close the car door. “Chanyeol-ah, please make sure they get out in fifteen?” He almost pleads.

Chanyeol tries his best to not laugh at his hyung, his face looks funny when he is desperate, and nods his head.

“Of course,” he makes an okay sign with is hand, “I got you.”

Before he can really close the door he stops himself this time.

“Oh, also,” Chanyeol looks slightly unsure when he asks, “will Prez be in his office tonight?”

His manager nods his head but Chanyeol can tell that the man wants to ask why he had asked about their president, so before he has a chance to do so, Chanyeol closes the door and runs after his two maknaes.             

 

 

            A knock is heard from behind the white wooden door and the man sitting at the disk looks up when a tall smiley man walks in.

“Chanyeol! Why are you here?” Sooman asks as he puts down his pen.

Chanyeol bows and clears his throat.

Please log in to read the full chapter