myungyeol [story idea] + {excerpt}

Loose Ends
Please log in to read the full chapter

i actually really want to finish this story and had every intention to do so but it still hasn't happened yet so i'll just leave it here for now. (22/12/14)

started this story as a sequel to one of my fellow myungyeol writer's story but now it has morphed into a standalone story.

Title: tbc but it was supposed to be "you DRIVE me (something)" to match my friend's original story

Group: Infinite

Pairing: MyungYeol

Genre: Romance, Slight Angst, Fluff

Plot: Basically Sungyeol and Myungsoo used to date before Myungsoo left the country for university. Myungsoo told Sungyeol not to wait for him and they both agreed to end their relationship. Despite that, both them cannot forget the other and still long for each other. Sungyeol is now the owner of a successful racing car company and Myungsoo is (undecided lol). Myungsoo returns five year after leaving and he runs into Sungyeol at a club. Drama ensues but ends with Myungsoo and Sungyeol getting back together.

Excerpt:

“President Lee, here are the reports you requested from the marketing department.” His secretary placed the stack of papers on the side of the desk as Sungyeol indicated before bowing slightly and exiting the door.

Sungyeol’s eyes finished scanning the paper he was reading before quickly scrawling his signature at the bottom. Throwing the pen down after he finished, Sungyeol flopped back against his black leather chair with a huge sigh and closed eyes. He rubbed his eyes trying to chase away the fatigue that made his eyelids feel heavy. Sitting still and reading papers all day was more tiring than Sungyeol imagined.

Dorawajwo I want you back back back back back, back back back back back

The silence was pierced by Sungyeol’s phone ringtone, emitting an anguished call. The same words which Sungyeol often repeated in his own heart, directed to him. Sighing again, Sungyeol straightened up and reached across the big table with his long limbs to retrieve his phone. Swiping the answer button, Sungyeol held the device to his ear.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Sungyeol my man! How are you?” A bright cheery voice called from the other end.

“Will you keep it down Woohyun? I’m dead tired after reading a billion stacks of boring reports.” Sungyeol muttered wearily.

“I know just the way for you to release stress. Want to come to the club with me and Sungjong tonight?”

“Isn’t there anything else you and Sungjong do besides clubbing?”

“Nope! But Sungjong and I run a business too, how come you’re always the one who is piled under paperwork?”

“Psh. Yah Nam! You and Sungjong are two people while I’m only one person.”

“Well not my fault you turned down the offer to work with us at ‘Lemontree’ but instead decided to start your own ‘Black Shadows’. What sort of name is that for a racing car brand anyways? It sounds like you will always be in someone’s shadow and never be first.”

“Why do you always have so much to say Nam. And FYI my racing cars happen to be the most sought after brand on the market. Plus what’s Lemontree interior décor? You going to paint lemon trees all over people’s walls?” Sungyeol scoffed with a roll of his eyes.

“You’re funny Yeol.” Woohyun replied with a chuckle, “Anyways are you coming with us or not? I promise you it will be worth your while! Besides, don’t you think it’s about time you went out and … got yourself some company?”

Sungyeol sighed yet another time. “You know I don’t need ‘company’.”

“Come on Yeol, he already told you to stop waiting. And it’s been five years already! I’m sure he already finished university or whatever, yet he still didn’t come back. I know you don’t like hearing this but I’m saying it for your own good. Forget him and move on.”

“I know you’re worried about me Woohyun and I’m grateful for you being such a great friend all these years but I won’t be able to forget him. Myungsoo is the one for me.”

Now it was Woohyun’s turn to sigh. “Okay then Yeol. I guess I can’t change your mind. Just know that I’ll always be here for you if you need me.”

“Yeah yeah, stop being mushy Nam and go have fun with Sungjong.”

“Fine. Bye Yeol. Talk to you later.”

“Bye.”

Sungyeol dropped the phone after hanging up and sunk back into his chair. Images flashed across Sungyeol’s closed eyelids, memories of a happier and lovelier time.

I still love you Myungsoo. I’ll never stop loving you. I’m going to wait for you even though you told me not to...

Myungsoo stared at the rectangular strip of paper in his hand, head filled with thoughts and heart beating rapidly. His plane ticket to return to his home country, to his Sungyeol. But then again, so many years have passed and Myungsoo did tell Sungyeol to stop waiting for him. Who knows if Sungyeol still belongs to him or to someone else now?

At that thought, Myungsoo’s heart squeezed

Please log in to read the full chapter