The Death

Bodyguards?Friends?Brothers?

Hankyung arrived at the house just in time for brunch.Since it's Saturday,they all woke up late,even Ryeowook,who always cook for th others.Everyone's at the kitchen,except Sungmin and Kyuhyun,eating happily.When Kyuhyun finally enters the kitchen,he is alone.


"Where's Minnie?"Yesung asks.Kyuhyun looks confused.

"Minnie-hyung isn't in my room."Kyuhyun tells them."I thought he's here."

"Eh?Didn't he sleep with you last night?"Leeteuk asks.Kyuhyun shrugged."He didn't go out,did he?"the leader knows Sungmin always inform someone before he goes out.Which means he is still in the house somewhere.

Suddenly,Hankyung drops the spoon he was holding,his mouth falls open as realisation hit him.

"What's wrong,Hannie?"Heechul asks worriedly at his boyfriend's reaction.

"Please look for him."Hankyung plead."Please..."last night's dream came crashing into his memory,causing him to tremble.'Please don't..'he thought.The others who heard him quickly scrambles to find Sungmin.Except Kyuhyun,who is still clueless.

Donghae notices that the basement's door is slightly open which is weird since it is always locked.So,he enters the basement.

"Hyung!"he screams,rushing towards Sungmin who lay motionless at one side of the room,his face pale and lips blue."Hyungs!Gege!"Donghae screams again as he cradles Sungmin's unusually cold body.What scared him most is the fact that Sungmin is not breathing.Soon,all of them arrive at the basement,even Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun's eyes widen at the sight that greets him.He grabs Sungmin's body from Donghae and hugs him tightly,sobbing so hard that his whole body shake."Hyung,wake up!"

Donghae and the others start tearing up as well,except Hankyung,who is staring at the empty space near Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

"Why did you do that?"he asks in a stern voice.The others look at him in confusion.

"Who are you talking to?"Heechul asks but the Chinese man ignored him,which is rare.

Suddenly,a figure appears at the empty space,it is of a cute boy.No,a cute translucent boy.

"Who are you?!"Kangin and Leeteuk ask at the same time,automatically in alert as the sranger is too close with their charge.

The boy smile."I'm Henry,the death guardian."he introduces himself.

"Death guardian?What did you do to Minnie?!"Heechul's voice rises in fear as well as in anger.

"Why did you take him?"Hankyung interrupts,glaring at Henry.

"Sungmin and I made a deal.I let your soulmate live and take him as replacement."Henry explains to Hankyung.

"But it was Kyu he sacrificed,not himself!"Hankyung disagree.

Henry shakes his head."No,ge.Do you really thought he would do such thing?He loves Kyuhyun.Sure,I asked for Kyuhyun but he offerred himself instead.It's fair enough."

"You know about this,Hannie?Someone's sacrificed for me?Why didn't you tell me?"Heechul asks,tears flowing freely down his face.

Hankyung shakes his head immediately."I don't know!I suspected it after you woke up at the hospital but Minnie won't tell me anything."he tries to explain.

Ryeowook and Donghae start sobbing with Eunhyuk and Yesung trying to comfort them eventhough they are crying themselves.Siwon is kneeling down onthe cold floor,trying to comfort Kyuhyun who's oblivious to anything else except his now dead hyung.Heechul is cursing Hankyung loudly as the Chinese man tries to apologise.Kangin stays silent as he stares at Sungmin.

"Henry."Leeteuk calls out quietly.Henry looks at him."Can I offer you my life?For Minnie's?"

"Why?"

"We love Minnie.We don't want to lose him."

"But he's a devil."

"No.To us,he's not.He's our family,our brother."

"Sorry,but I can't."Henry says.Leeteuk doesn't get the chance to reply as Heechul's cursings get louder and he starts slapping Hankyung again and again.

Hankyung just let him.Not fighting back or even defend himself.Which is until Heechul lets out the words he dreads the most."I HATE YOU!!!"

This time,Hankyung grabs Heechul's hand ,stopping him."Do you really mean that?"

"YES! I HATE YOU!"Heechul confirms,jerking his hand away.Hankyung could almost hear the sound of his heart breaking.

"Okay."with that,he walks towards Henry."Bring Minnie back and i'll come with you."

"Really?"Henry squeals.

Hankyung nods."And take the devil away from his soul.I want him pure.

"No problem!"Henry agrees.

"Why you let Hankyung do it but not me?"Leeteuk asks.

"Gege is one of us.He left our world and was reborn as human.But he still have his abilities,at least some of it."with that,Henry vanishes.

":Is it true?"Leeteuk asks and Hankyung gives him a curt nod.

A few minutes pass and Henry reappears,this time with a taller guy,taller than Siwon.

"Gege."the newcomer greets Hankyung.

"Zhoumi."Hankyung acknowledges him.

"I have an offer for you.Since I know that you loves it here on Earth."Zhoumi says.

"What is it?"

"I'll let you stay and bring Lee Sungmin back to life without the devil if you can help the people who needs you."

"Okay."

"And...I have to take away your feelings for your soulmate so it won't affect you.."

This time,Hankyung hesitates.He looks at Heechul but the latter refuses to even spare him a glance."Alright.Doesn't matter anyway.He hates me now."

"Is that a deal?"

"Yes."

Zhoumi steps forward and crashes his lips against Hankyung's.Yesung quickly covers Ryeowook's eyes at the unapproriate scene.As for Kyuhyun,he is too occupied with his grief to notice anything else.

Hankyung's tears starts flowing as the feelings he has nurtured with care all these years are taken away from him.He claws on Zhoumi's arm in pain as his knees buckled and he falls to the floor,taking Zhoumi with him.Soon enough,his eyes closed and his head lolled on Zhoumi's shoulder.

"I'm sorry,ge."Zhoumi whispers,hugging the unconscious body tightly before turning to Henry and giving him a nod.

Henry doesn't waste any time as a violin appears in his hands.He starts playing it and within a few seconds,Sungmin suddenly coughs loudly as he tries to  inhale the much needed oxygen.

"Hyung!"Kyuhyun says happily,hugging him.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading.Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.This story is pretty much finished.There's only one more chapter which is the epilogue.Thank you so much for supporting my first fanfic.Saranghae~