CHAPTER FIVE

Trust

 

Although the van had already started moving, Leeteuk still hadn’t given up a hope. He continued running after the van... Till he realized it was pointless, he stopped in his tracks and ran back to his car. Fortunately, the black van was still in sight. He shadowed the van but blended in with the other cars too, weary of the van noticing his car. Both vehicles, with the van leading in front, drove onto the busy main road. The sky was dark, but the lights from the cars, clubs, restaurants and even the small food stalls by the roadside seemed to make the night come alive. The city just glittered against the dark sky.

Leeteuk closely watched over the van as he tailed it without trying to be noticed. The van then suddenly made a sharp turn into a small alley.
‘What is this ert trying to do? Where is he going?’ Leeteuk thought to himself.

After driving through many small lanes and alleys, the van parked in front of a deserted, small, old-looking house.  Leeteuk parked his car across the lane and turned the headlights of his car off to avoid catching the kidnapper’s attention. He knew he couldn’t barge in on that mysterious man like that, what if he was armed? He could hurt Taeyeon any moment.

With both hands gripping onto the top of the steering wheel, he leaned forward and squint his eyes at the black van that was across the street. After a second, the man emerged from the driver’s seat, still in his black attire.
‘Hm… He seems to be alone…?? Who kidnaps a celebrity all by himself?!’ Leeteuk mumbled to himself.

The man then scanned his surroundings nervously, still not seemingly noticing Leeteuk. He then went to the back of the van, and opened the doors. He carried out a knocked-out Taeyeon and paced into the house.

Without thinking, he hastily followed behind, his legs feeling a little jelly. But upon entering the house, he slowed in his tracks and inspected the place. The entire area was dirty, the floor was covered by a small layer of dust and spider webs were seen hanging across the corners of the ceiling, but what shocked him more was that the walls were filled with posters, snipped-pictures and even newspaper clippings, all about Taeyeon! Leeteuk was completely horrified at everything he was looking at; his legs uninhibitedly moved him towards the walls, scanning his eyes across the wall.

But one newspaper clipping especially caught his attention. Particularly because ‘X’s were drawn all over it with red marker – ‘LEADER COUPLE: Super Junior’s Leeteuk and Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon DATING?!’ His eyes widen as he scanned his eyes through the article, it was written under the ‘entertainment’ section when the paparazzi suspected that they were dating because of the matching Playboy earring there was both seen wearing. Leeteuk was in such a shock, he seemed to have completely forgotten about rescuing Taeyeon. As he continued inspecting the place, he heard something rustle behind him and by the next moment, he felt weak and lost control of his body and heard it thump to the ground.  He looked helplessly to the ceiling as he was slowly losing his sight to the darkness. But before he lost his sight, he swore he saw he saw a familiar-looking face hovering above him, blocking the light emitting from the ceiling light… And within a split second, he felt his body become as light as a feather and himself drifting further away…

 

 

//Sorry? *awkward smile*