CHAPTER TWO

Trust

 

"Oppa! This is Fany. How are you doing?" Tiffany said bubbly.

"Oh... Fany ah..." Leeteuk's voice became noticeably lifeless.

“I’m doing fine. Thanks. What about you?” Leeteuk carried on.

“Neh. I’m doing well too. But oppa-ah, Taeyeon… She…” Tiffany glanced over and smiled at Taeyeon who didn’t seem to care and continued to stare at the TV.

“MWO?! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY TAENGOO? IS SHE ALRIGHT?” Leeteuk screamed throught the phone, the concern and worry in his voice was undeniable. Taeyeon’s heart softened but still kept on a straight face.

“HAHAHAH. Relax ahjusshi! Nothing happened to your Taengoo.” Leeteuk heaved a sigh of relief after hearing that.
“BUT… She-needs-to-talk-to-you-immediately-or-she-will-die.” Tiffany said all in a breath, as if she was rapping.

“Here you go! You’re welcome!” Tiffany flashed Taeyeon her pearly whites and her eye-smile, shoving the phone in Taeyeon’s ear and left it there, making sure it’s stuck to her ear.

“Ya! Fany! It’s not funny! I don’t want to talk to him! Stop it! Stop it!” Taeyeon tried to slap Tiffany’s hand off but failed.

“Taeng…?” Leeteuk’s delicate voice was heard through the phone, which was still pushed against Taeyeon’s ear by Tiffany. Taeyeon took a deep breath out and shut her eyes. She stopped struggling and grabbed the phone from Tiffany and held it against her ear by herself.

“WHAT” Taeyeon tried to sound irritated but truth was, Leeteuk’s voice always never failed to soothe her nerves.

“Taeyeon ah, how are you? Are you eating well? How was Japan? I miss you…” Leeteuk said the questions in one breath but mumbled the last sentence. Taeyeon heard it but kept silent. Leeteuk sighed loudly through the phone and said,

“Are you still mad at me for taking up the We Got Married and Hello Baby position? Taengoo ah-”

“You don’t need to explain to me. I’m not your girlfriend anymore, right? You have a wife now. So if you have nothing else to say, I’ll hang up now.” Tiffany was now frowning at Taeyeon, but Taeyeon ignored her.

“NO! Wait! Wait! Taeyeon, please… Please don’t hang up. I do have things to say, but it’s hard for me to do it through the phone. Are you free now? Can we meet up?” Leeteuk said feeling hopeful. Taeyeon was stuck. She looked to Tiffany for help. Taeyeon mouthed the words ‘He wants to meet.’ Tiffany’s eyes lit up and nodded her head continuously. Taeyeon heaved a sigh and looked to the clock: 11:30am

“I’ll meet you at the park opposite our office in an hour. Don’t be late, or I’ll leave.” Taeyeon said in an authoritative tone and slammed her phone shut.

“WOOHOOO! Finally!” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon. Taeyeon took this chance to smile while her face was out of Tiffany’s sight. Once Tiffany broke the hug, she put her poker face back on.

“What are you being so happy about?”

“I’m happy for you, of course! There’s no time to lose! Hurry, go get changed!” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon up and pushed her towards their room. Tiffany picked a pink summer dress for Taeyeon and did some light makeup for her.

“Time check, 12:25. Kaja!”

“W-w-wait. I don’t wanna leave just yet.” Taeyeon said as she had her arms crossed and her head turned away.

“Oh… Wanting to be late so he’ll be there earlier huh? Kim Taeyeon, you sneaky girl~”

“Shut up.”

Tiffany giggle and sat on her bed with her legs crossed.
“So, any plans on forgiving him?”

Taeyeon sighed and took a seat beside Tiffany.
“I don’t know, Fany… I’m so sick of being hurt and it hurts when I see him and Sora together. I just… I don’t know… All I know is that it doesn’t feel good. It feels uncomfortable, here.” Taeyeon lifted up her delicate index finger and pointed it towards the left of her chest.

“Hey, listen to me. Teukie oppa is a good person, you just gotta learn how to trust him, just the way he trusts you. Arraso? If he does break your heart, leave it to me.” Tiffany lifted up a clenched fist.

“Okay, if that happens, you’re accountable!”

“Neh!” Tiffany flashed her famous eye-smile.

“Okay, you better get going, you don’t want to be too late. Be careful on your way there! I heard from Sica that there’s been a strange man around our dorm lately.” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon towards the door and sent her off.