CHAPTER THREE

Trust

 

♩NAEGO HACHA! NAEGA NEOL SARANGHAE. OH! ♩♩

"Aish, this Kim Taeyeon! Always forgetting to bring her phone out. She's probably calling back now, checking if it's home." Tiffany chuckled, she picked up Taeyeon's cellphone from the dressing table. She glanced at the caller ID,

"Teukie oppa?? Why's he calling? Shouldn't he be with her??"

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo Taeng?"

 

"Aniyo oppa, this is Fany. She forgot her phone, again. Why are you calling? Aren't you with Taeyeon already?"

 

"Maybe she's still on the way here. I just wanted to remind her to bring an umbrella, seems like its going to rain." Leeteuk replied. Tiffany took a brief glance out the window. It did seem like it was going to rain. Dark clouds were intruding the sky.

 

"Dont worry, she probably has one in her handbag... Oh oppa, what about you? Aren't you gonna get wet?" Tiffany asked with concern.

 

"It's okay. I'll just find some shade. Thanks. Bye." With that, Leeteuk abruptly hung up.

 

~

 

"Neh, kamsahabnida!" Taeyeon thanked the taxi driver and paid him. She swiftly opened up the umbrella and exited the taxi. She scanned through her surroundings, but couldn't seem to spot Leeteuk in this rain. With her bright yellow umbrella in her left hand and her handbag dangling by the elbow, she rummaged through her bag and realized she had forgotten to bring her cellphone out again. She cursed under her breath and squinted her eyes, looking for Leeteuk in this gloomy weather, but to no avail.

 

As she walked closer towards the park, she noticed a blur figure sitting on a bench. He was hugging his shoulders and shivering - no, shaking - from the cold. Taeyeon quickened her steps, careful not to fall. Thank God she decided to wear flats instead of heels today. Leeteuk had always preferred Taeyeon in flats instead of heels, he liked her for who she is, including her petite figure.

 

"Teuk? Oppa? TEUK!!" Taeyeon hurried towards Leeteuk and sheltered him. He did a weak smile at Taeyeon. He was chattering from the cold and his lips lost its colour. Taeyeon quickly took off her coat and wrapped Leeteuk with it.

 

"Come on. Can you walk?" Taeyeon helped Leeteuk up. He slowly stood up with wobbly legs. They both motioned, step by step, toward the SMent HQ.

 

When they reached the building, a guard had helped Taeyeon to bring passed-out Leeteuk to Super Junior's dressing room, where s would be able to help.

 

~

 

*Knock knock*

Siwon opened the door, only to be greeted by a guard carrying a drenched Leeteuk.

 

"Teuk?! GUYS!! Come help." Eunhyuk, Shindong, Donghae, Sungmin and Yesung crowded at the door, taking their leader from the guard with puzzled yet worried looks. Siwon bowed at the guard and thanked him and went to check on his hyung.

 

"What happened to hyung?? Wasn't he supposed to be resting at the dorm with Kyuhyun?" Leeteuk was lying flat on the couch, the SuJu boys were drying their leader and changing his clothes for him. They gave confused looks, equally clueless as to what was going on.

 

Siwon then whipped out his phone and keyed in the dorm number, but before he hit call, he heard someone knocking on the door. He went to the answer the door, only to find a drenched Taeyeon standing there, looking somewhat... guilty? Taeyeon was equally drenched from the rain.

 

"Siwon oppa." Taeyeon addressed.

 

"Oh? Taeyeon ah!! What are you doing here? Why are you drenched too?!" Siwon was even more bewildered as to what was going on.

 

"Sorry oppa, I'll explain to you later. Is Leeteuk here already? Can I see him?"

 

"Ahh yes. Go ahead." Siwon invited Taeyeon in, with his signature hand gestures. Taeyeon did a small bow and kneeled beside Leeteuk. She then felt a light weight on her shoulders. She looked up and saw that Donghae had wrapped Taeyeon with a towel. Taeyeon smiled in return and thanked him.

 

She touched Leeteuk's arm and realised it was... warm? She then reached for his forehead. He was burning!

 

"Oh no, he's got a high fever... Can someone get me a towel and a bucket of cold water, please?" Taeyeon hollered, which got Shindong up and running. She worriedly touched Leeteuk's face and adjusted his blanket so that it was covering his body all the way up to his chin.

 

"Here." Shindong placed the bucket beside her.

 

"Komawo Shindong oppa." Taeyeon thanked gratefully. She gently pulled the towel off her shoulders and removed her long-sleeved camisole, revealing her slender arms. She dipped the towel in the bucket and pulled it back out, she was then stopped by a pair of hands gripping her wrists. She traced the arm to realized that the had belonged to Yesung.

 

"Let me. Go dry yourself over there." Eunhyuk smiled and nudged his head over to wear Siwon was sitting.

 

"Alright, thanks and... Sorry to bother." She picked up the towel, her camisole and her handbag and walked over to Siwon.

 

"Hey, for you." Siwon pushed a mug of hot coffee towards Taeyeon.

 

"Komawo." Taeyeon wrapped her hands around the mug, allowing the heat to transfer from the mug to her hands.

 

"Care to tell me what happened?" Siwon asked gently as she flashed his dimples.

 

"I... I asked him to meet me by the park and I was late. It started to rain and he waited for me in the rain. I... I'm so sorry, this is all my fault." Taeyeon took a glance at the fragile-looking Leeteuk and stared at her lap as tears starting welling in her eyes.

 

"Hey... It's not your fault. Hyung was already feeling a little sick this morning." Siwon told Taeyeon

 

"Mwo?" Taeyeon looked up in shock.

 

"Yea, he already had a slight fever when he woke up this morning that's why he stayed home." Yesung appeared from behind and patted Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

"He was sick and he still wanted to come and meet me..." Taeyeon felt another gush of guilt creep up her spine.

 

"Hey Taeng, like you said! He WANTED to meet you, so don't blame yourself!" Yesung patted her shoulder once more.

 

"T-t-taeng......" Leeteuk gentle mumble was heard.

 


 

Terribly sorry for the late update, I was overseas. Anyway, tbqh, I'm starting to lose the inspiration I had for this fic. All my ideas had suddenly vanished. But I'll still try and carry on as far as I can. Mianhae and thanks for the subs and comments. Appreciated x10000