Chapter 9

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moon was shining brightly and all those millions of stars in the sky gave off that wonderful romantic feeling. It was one of those nights which were perfect for couples to go out and take a walk, enjoying each other’s company under the beautiful sky. On that night, Taeyeon was closing her grocery store at ten thirty in the evening. It was surprising how late it was when she was doing it, because usually, she would close it at eight o’clock in the evening at max, never later than that. If you’re wondering why it was different that night, it was because, for some unbelievable reason, the blonde had many customers the past couple of days.

As she closed the door and turned the key in order to lock up, a wide smile grazed her beautiful face. Taeyeon had started earning a lot more money than usual and was very satisfied that business was picking up. She finally felt as if she would stop relying on Tiffany for cash and that she could start taking care of herself.

A few seconds later, Taeyeon tried opening the door once again in order to check if it’s locked. We can’t have someone going in just like that now, can we? Then, when she was a hundred percent certain that it was indeed locked, she placed the keys in her pocket and began walking towards her and Tiffany’s shared apartment. The girl was taking small steps one by one as usual. Her legs were short, so it was only natural. As each foot hit the ground, Taeyeon’s eyes looked around the area. She had been taking this path for years, ever since she moved in with Tiffany. Her surroundings were horrible to be honest. Some of the tiles on the sidewalk were broken and there were holes at places, but Taeyeon didn’t really care. In fact, she kind of thought of it as beautiful because it was unique. This place had been her home for only a few years but she still reserved a spot for it in her heart, just like she did with all her   important belongings. The girl was a person who thought of everything in a special way and cherished it very much, especially stuff given to her by her friends and family. Sometimes though, if someone saw her, they would think that she’s mentally insane because she goes a bit overboard. Once, she received some rice crackers as a Christmas present from her grandma and when she finished eating them, she washed the wrapping, waited for it to dry, and then placed it inside her bag where she would keep it until she grows old and wrinkly, and dies…

As Taeyeon continued walking, eventually she knew that she would go passed Jessica’s clothing store. She could always take another way to her house, but she didn’t want to. She’s been walking down that path for years and she wouldn’t change that just because of someone she didn’t want to see. I’ve been passing through this place for years but why haven’t I seen Jessica before? This first time I saw her was a few weeks ago when I decided to buy that dress. Taeyeon then began wondering about their meeting. Maybe I just haven’t noticed her before? That’s kind of weird because Jessica is a beautiful woman. I would’ve definitely noticed a beautiful woman in a clothing store.

“Ahh, stop thinking about this Taeyeon…” the girl spoke out loud to herself. “It doesn’t matter, just forget about that woman! You’re not going to interact with her anymore!”

A long sigh escaped Taeyeon’s mouth and she continued walking towards the apartment. Taking a right turn, the blonde was then a few meters away from Jessica’s clothing store. From there, she noticed that the lights inside were on.

“Why is the store working so late?” Taeyeon muttered under her breath and raised an eyebrow in confusion. “It should’ve been closed by now.”

The blonde then started moving closer, taking slow and small steps towards it, expecting Jessica come into view inside the place. But something felt off. As Taeyeon came near, she saw some broken glass on the ground in front of the store. So many little pieces were scattered which made the girl stop in her tracks. Her eyes then looked at the window and noticed that it was broken as well. Fear suddenly struck her, paralyzing her whole body. Something bad had happened. Taeyeon stood still, her body frozen for a few seconds, until finally, one person invaded her mind – Jessica. What if she’s inside? What if something happened to her? As those disturbing thoughts crossed her mind, Taeyeon immediately panicked and ran inside the store. She was worried about the girl and prayed that she was alright.

As soon as the blonde stepped inside the clothing store, she noticed that some of the clothes were stolen and there were broken bottles on the ground. There was no sign of Jessica though, which made Taeyeon sigh in relief. Thank god she wasn’t here when the store was robbed.

Quickly, the girl took her phone out and wrote the police’s number, but before she could hit the green dial button, she heard a strange sound coming from behind the counter. Someone was there and they were sobbing. While still holding the phone in her hand, Taeyeon moved closer. As she did, she noticed some empty boxes of jewelry on the ground and a beautiful blonde woman down on her knees, her face hidden in her hands.

“Oh my god… Jessica…” Taeyeon uttered as her eyes widened in shock. Without giving it a second thought, the girl then rushed towards Jessica, fell on her knees as well, and just wrapped her arms around her body. She didn’t care that they dislike each other. At that moment, what Taeyeon saw wasn’t a woman with a terrible personality, but a human in pain and she wanted nothing more than to help her.

Jessica felt a pair of arms wrap around her body and for some reason, this immediately calmed the girl down. She felt safe there in Taeyeon’s embrace. It was something she hadn’t experienced in a long time. Only her deceased boyfriend Kris was able to make her feel this way, but now, Taeyeon was too. Jessica was surprised and she knew that she should push the girl away. Her brain was telling her to, but her heart was preventing her from doing that. Her instincts were screaming for her to let Taeyeon help her, despite the fact that she supposedly dislikes her. Jessica couldn’t believe that the girl just happened to arrive right when she needed someone the most.

The robbery was a very traumatic experience which came second only after the car accident where her parents and boyfriend Kris had died. Jessica just came to the store that night to drink and forget all her problems, but as she was gulping down the first glass of whiskey, some masked men just happened to break into the store and steal whatever they could find. They got the most expensive clothes, some jewelry that was displayed next to the counter and even stole a pearl necklace which Jessica wore around her neck. It was a gift from her mother for her 21st birthday and was something that was very special to Jessica, but these thugs took it from her. Jessica screamed and tried cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter