Chapter 13

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctor cleared his throat and positioned his glasses so he could see everything written on the printed pages more clearly. A long sigh escaped his mouth as he went through them once again, making sure that everything was okay, that he hadn’t made any mistakes. A few seconds later, the man looked at the two girls and saw their bodies shaking because of anxiousness. The sight made him feel a bit nervous, even though he had done this a thousand times probably and despite the fact that he was going to tell them somewhat good news.

“We tested for the standard STIs and HIV and the results came out negative,” the doctor told both girls and smiled slightly. “There are also no signs of pregnancy.”

Taeyeon and Jessica immediately relaxed their muscles when they heard what the man had said. The two were so happy everything was okay that they were practically glowing. Thank god she’s fine… Taeyeon thought as she looked at her blonde friend’s smiling face and squeezed her hand in excitement.

“That’s wonderful! Thank you, doctor!” Jessica said to the man while brushing away the tears of joy that had formed in her beautiful eyes.

“But…” the doctor then continued, his expression changing back to a serious one, “Even if the results are negative now, we need to do a re-test in a few months.”

“Is that really necessary?” Taeyeon asked afterwards, her voice shaky since she feared that something might happen to Jessica later in the future. As she waited for the doctor to answer her question, the short blonde girl squeezed Jessica’s hand once again in order to calm her down. She had become nervous once again.

“The exam showed signs of trauma to the l area. The re-test is just to make sure that everything is perfectly fine,” the white-haired old man explained to the girls and they both nodded.

It was normal that the results came out that way. Taecyeon had the girl, so there was no way that there wasn’t any harm done down there.

Jessica sighed once again and then she stood up from the couch she had been sitting on. Taeyeon did the same as well and both girls were ready to leave this awful place they had spent their entire morning at. But before they could, the doctor told them that he had some more paperwork to fill out for Jessica to sign. This meant that the two girls were stuck in the hospital for a good half an hour more. Just great…

 

 

Jessica was looking through her phone while waiting for the doctor to come out and give her the paperwork which she had to sign. Ten minutes had already passed and she was getting really really annoyed. What’s taking that damn guy so long? I’ve filled so much paperwork in the B&E office and it has taken me half that time. Ugh, he’s so slow. Jessica thought and wanted to pull her hair in frustration at that moment. What made things worse was that Taeyeon wasn’t there with her. She had gone to get something for both of them to eat, leaving the girl alone because someone had to stay and wait in front of the doctor’s door. Closing her eyes, Jessica buried her face in her hands and felt like screaming her lungs out. She didn’t, of course, but she really wanted to. In some alternate universe where she didn’t give a damn about her reputation and what people thought of her, she would’ve done it in a second. It wasn’t going to matter whether or not everyone thought of her as some lunatic, a mentally insane woman who had probably forgotten her pills at home or something and was freaking out because of that.

Suddenly, while Jessica still had her face buried in her hands, she heard an unfamiliar voice coming from right next to her. When she uncovered her beautiful eyes, mouth and nose, Jessica looked to her left and was greeted by the small body of a very young boy, probably at the age of seven or eight. The first thing Jessica noticed when she saw at him was that he was completely bald and wearing the usual hospital gown that every person who was staying there for more than a day was supposed to put on without exceptions. Immediately, she knew what was wrong with him. Cancer. Of couse… Jessica sighed, pitying the child because he had to fight against this serious illness at such a young age. It was very tragic and made her feel bad that she could do nothing to help the poor kid.

“Are you an angel?” the boy asked the creative director curiously with his cute voice. “You’re very pretty.”

“Why thank you, little boy…” Jessica told the small person with a sweet and gentle voice, that of a mother or an older sister, and smiled at the compliment she received from him. “You’re very sweet. But what are you doing walking around here all alone?”

“I ran away from my room. The nurse wanted to put a needle in my arm...” the young boy explained with a scared tone in his voice, making Jessica look at him with a sad expression. The poor kid was obviously terrified because he had to go through that horrible experience probably every day. But she understood him a little since she was afraid of needles as well and would’ve done the same if she was in his place. Still, she knew that it was important for him to go back because the nurse needed to do the necessary procedures for his treatment.

“You shouldn’t have done that. If you want to get better, you’d better go back to your room,” Jessica scolded the child and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“It doesn’t really matter. It’s not going to do anything to make me well again. I know that…” the boy told her how he felt and sat down on the couch. “I’m going to die. But I’m not afraid. My mom’s waiting for me in Heaven. I know she is. She promised me that she will.”

Jessica’s eyes widened as soon as she heard what this mere child told her. He knew what kind of disease cancer was and how almost no one can survive through it, not even after chemotherapy. Heck, usually the patients die because of that, not so much from the disease. At such a young age, this little boy had already accepted his fate, which made Jessica admire him and his strength. She wouldn’t have been able to handle everything like that if it was her in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter