Chapter 70 - Shameless girl

The biggest secret

Ji Hyo is only a few spoons into her bibimbap when her tray of food is pulled away.

“Mother in law? What are you doing here?” – Ji Hyo looks up in surprise.

GD is in no less surprise – “Omma, why are you here?”

“I went to your office but neither of you were there. Secretary Kim told me that you two are here. What are you eating?” – His mother puts a big bag on their table, sits down and asks.

“I am eating bibimbap.”

Her mother in law scowls - “How can you eat something like that in your pregnancy?” Then she turns to GD – “And you, how can you let your wife eat at the cafeteria? Didn’t I tell you to feed her healthy food?”

Ji Hyo holds her mother in law softly – “Mother in law, it is my idea. I craved for bibimbap.”

“If you crave for bibimbap, you should let me know. Our chief can make it for you with organic ingredients. Who know where the ingredients in this place come from? Here, I bring you some delicious chicken , let’s eat it instead.” – His mother takes out the food that carefully wrapped in the golden fabric.

“Thank you, mother in law. You don’t have to bring it all the way here. You can just ask our chauffeur to do the work. You should just stay home and rest, mother in law.” – Ji Hyo softly tells her mother in law.

“My wife is right, omma. You didn’t have to.” – GD supports

“How can I do that? I have to make sure that you eat these healthy foods instead of the bibimbap of yours.”

“I understand, mother in law. Let’s eat together ok?” – Ji Hyo puts out all the food containers and sets up a dish for her mother in law.

The three of them happily have lunch together. Both GD and his mother keep putting food on Ji Hyo’s plate.

Across from them is Eun Ji looks at them, hated. From afar, she couldn’t hear what they are talking about but she guesses that his mother is mad at Ji Hyo as she keeps scowling.

“It doesn’t seem like her in law like her.” – Eun Ji tells Da Hee.

“What are you talking about? Her mother in law brings food for her all the time. I have never seen any mother in law does that.” – Da Hee tries to bring Eun Ji back to her sense.

“She only does that for her grandkid. Look at her face, I can tell that she doesn’t like her daughter in law. I heard that she didn’t approve their marriage at first.” – Eun Ji says, hated.

Da Hee shakes her head – “So what if it is true? I don’t think it matters anything. GD is sticking with CEO Song no matter what.”

“You are so naïve. It is very important to get to his mother’s good side. Just think, if one day GD and CEO have problem. Who will be first in the least? The one that his mother likes, of course.”

Da Hee scowls – “yah, are you still not giving up on your crazy thought? Destroying a family is a terrible crime and there is no way that you can stand between them.”

“Don’t say so sure. I am prettier than her and I know man better than her. She is just an ice queen. Man needs sweet, gentle woman. Do you know that?” – Eun Ji arrogantly states.

Da Hee shakes her head again – “Whatever you are doing, girl, be careful. CEO Song is not an average woman. No one can protect you if you get in her nerve.”

Eun Ji smirks – “I don’t need anyone protection when I have him.”

After lunch, GD’s mother leaves the company while Ji Hyo and GD get back to work. Eun Ji quickly follows GD’s mother step to the garage.

“Eomeonim, how are you?” – Eun Ji calls after his mother.

GD’s mother turns her head around in surprise. She scowls “Who are you?”

“Oh my name is Lee Eun Ji. I am working at marketing department. I see you carrying a heavy bag so I just want to offer my help.” – She says, sweetly, while taking the bag from GD’s mother.

However, his mother quickly pulls the bag back. She stares at Eun Ji with annoyed eyes – “Firstly, please don’t call me eomeonim, we are not that close. I am chairman’s wife, so please call me madam. And if I need help, I can call others. I don’t need your help, thank you.” – His mother answers, ignoring Eun Ji’s face reddening from embarrassment.

“Oh, mother in law, are you still here?” – Ji Hyo has been witnessing the whole scene but she waited for her mother in law finished her saying before speaking up.

“Oh, Ji Hyo ah, what are you doing here?” – His mother walks pass Eun Ji, who eyes still can’t lift up.

“Ji Yong said that he can cover me for the afternoon so now I have a little free time. I just wonder if you want to go to the spa together. We haven’t had a facial done together for a while.” – Ji Hyo tells his mother, ignoring the stubborn Eun Ji who still hasn’t stepped away.

“Really? That’s great. Let’s go together. It is very important to take a good care of your skin during pregnancy. You know there are some sly foxes may try to steal your husband away when you are pregnant.” – His mother says, glancing sharply at Eun Ji.

Eun Ji gets even more humiliated hearing GD’s mother statement which she knows aiming straight to her. Never in her dream, she can imagine his mother be that sharp. She thought that his mother is like other rich mothers in law in TV show who always resent their daughter in law.

Ji Hyo smiles, taking a quick glance at Eun Ji. Ji Hyo understands exactly what her mother in law implies – “Thank you mother in law. I will keep that in mind but I am sure that a sly fox should be smart enough to not try to steal a lion’s husband. Is it right, mother in law?”

Her mother in law smirks, looking at Eun Ji – “It is unfortunate that not every girl is as smart as our daughter in law but even if a girl is blind, she should know that from appearance to talent, she is nothing compared to our pretty daughter in law.”

Ji Hyo curls her lips softly – “Mother in law, you are just being sweet. Let’s go to the spa now. We have to be home for dinner with father in law, right? I booked for us at the spa that actress Choi Ji Woo comes often. You like that one right?”

“Of course, how were you able to book that one? It is not easy to have appointment there.”

“I know the manager there so she canceled some appointments to give space for us.”

“Our daughter in law is still the best. Of course they have to give space for our famous CEO. Only you know how to please me. Some people think that helping me to carry the bag is enough to get on my good side. Don’t you think it is funny, daughter in law?” – His mother laughs, mocking.

Ji Hyo grins, softly – “N-ne, you are indeed right, mother in law. Let’s go to the car now, shall we?” – Ji Hyo leads her mother in law to the car that is waiting for them. She stops when they pass by Eun Ji.

“What is your name?” – Ji Hyo asks Eun Ji.

Eun Ji bows her head 90 degree toward Ji Hyo – “Lee Eun Ji, CEO.”

“What department are you in?” – She asks, glancing at Eun Ji.

“Marketing department, CEO.”

“I believe it passes lunch time for marketing department. Why are you still here?”

“I am sorry, CEO. I will get back to work right now.”

“You should. Oh right, next time, if you pour a soup at someone else’s husband, don’t try to clean it. He prefers his wife do it for him.” – JI Hyo says, mocking.

Eun Ji is in shock. Ji Hyo’s cold words are as laser shoot straight to her brain - “I understand, CEO.”- She answers, fluttered.

“Very well.” – Ji Hyo says and continues her step.

The car taking them quickly disappears from Eun Ji eyesight. Only then, Eun Ji dares to lift her head up. She furiously steps on the floor and tights her hands to two angry fists – “Open your eyes wide, just wait for the day I have GD, you can be this arrogant or not. And that old woman, don’t even dream that I serve you even for a minute when I step in your house. You two will have to regret about what you said today.” – She mumbles with the angry eyes.

In the car, his mother gently holds Ji Hyo’s right hand – “Daughter in law, I think you should just fire the girl earlier. She seems to have dark motive toward your marriage.”

Ji Hyo put her left hand on top of her mother in law hand – “Thank you for concerning about our marriage, mother in law. You are indeed right, that girl probably has some bad intention but I can’t just fire her over that. We need probable cause to fire someone to avoid all the lawsuits. Plus, I trust Ji Yong. He probably won’t easily fall for another woman.”

Her mother exhales sharply – “You always think for our company. I am grateful for that but you are pregnant. You should remove anything that can possibly bother you. It will be better for your pregnancy. Do you understand?”

Ji Hyo curls her lips softly – “N-ne, I understand. I will keep it in mind, mother in law. She probably learns something from today. If she doesn’t, then I will follow your advice.”

Her mother in law nods – “Let’s just do that then.”

Ji Hyo rests her head on the car headrest. A girl is trying to harm her happiness but for some reasons she doesn’t feel concern. Because now, she not only has her husband who is always faithful to her but also her in law who always supports her happiness. No one will be able to break through the shield that protecting her marriage now. She knows that, for sure.