Chapter 25 - We won't be seperated

The biggest secret

GD invited the entire dancing cruise out to celebrate his engagement. The party was full of laughter and congratulations. GD couldn’t stop smiling the entire time sitting next to Ji Hyo. He held her hand tightly as he still couldn’t believe he had the love of his life as his fiancé. He kept kissing her hand to the point that she got annoyed and yelled at him.

The girls kept staring at Ji Hyo’s ring. Some of them couldn’t help but asked Ji Hyo to let them looked at the ring. The ruby and diamond were obviously topknot quality. They were so clear and beautiful. They couldn’t hide their envy.

“He must spend a fortune on your ring” – Taeyang’s girlfriend commented. –“I’m so jealous with you unnie. When will you get me one like this honey?” – She turned to Taeyang and asked with a sulky tone.

Taeyang just put on his half smile and didn’t answer. He couldn’t say anything because even though he got himself ready for Ji Hyo being his best friend’s fiancé, it was still difficult for him to cope with the situation. He just focused on drinking to hide his depressed feeling.

 Taeyang drove home together with Ji Hyo and GD. The atmosphere was great until they came home. Two big Korean men in black suit were waiting for them in front of GD’s apartment.

“Young master” – The 2 men bowed 90 degree toward GD – “Your father ordered us to you back to Korea. The ticket is ready. Please come with us.” – One of them stated.

Ji Hyo, Taeyang and GD looked at each other in panic.

“Are you crazy? I am not going anywhere. Let’s me talk to my father.” – GD yelled, pulling Ji Hyo behind his back.

“Sure young master, here you are.” – The man in suit respectfully answered and handed GD the cellphone.

His father picked up the phone after the second ring.

“Why are you pulling me back to Korea all of sudden? I still haven’t finished my school yet.” – GD said, frustrated.

“Then you shouldn’t think about marriage before graduating.” – His father firmly responded.

“How did you know about my proposal?” – GD raised his eyebrow.

Ji Hyo and Taeyang were also in shock. They couldn’t believe GD’s father caught the news so quickly.

“I have eyes and ears all over Harvard. Do you think you can just do anything you want? Get back to Korea right away.” – His father angrily demanded and hung up the phone.

“What is happening?” – Ji Hyo worriedly asked.

“It seems like my father knew about my proposal and want me back to Korea” – GD explained.

“What should we do?” – Ji Hyo held GD’s hand in anxious.

“Let’s go young master.” – The man said pulling GD away from Ji Hyo.

GD held tightly on Ji Hyo’s hand didn’t want to let her go but the two men were stronger. They grabbed him away quickly. Ji Hyo’s tears fell down as their hands got separated. Their hands kept reaching for each other even though their distance kept furthering away

“Let’s me go, I don’t want to come back to Korea. I want to stay here with my fiancé.” – GD helplessly yelled, struggling between those two big men but they didn’t even budge. “Ji Hyo, don’t worry. I will never leave without you.” – He desperately looked at her.

Taeyang was still in shock from what just happened.

“Let’s go” – Ji Hyo said, pulling Taeyang with her.

“To where?” – Taeyang asked.

“Follow them.” – She promptly stated, eyes determined.

“What are we going to do?” – He asked, as being dragged away by her.

“Anything, do you plan to just let them take Ji Yong away?” – Ji Hyo raised her voice, her eyes were full of angry.

Taeyang was shock. He never saw Ji Hyo that angry before. GD was really very important to her. He knew he had to help them. He might regret his decision later but for now, he had to help her. Because if it was what she wanted, he would do anything.

“Ok let’s go.” – He said

By the time Ji Hyo and Taeyang made it to the parking garage, GD already left in the black Mercedes. He was loathing on the back with one man while other drove on the front.

Taeyang and Ji Hyo quickly got into GD’s Audi and chased full speed after them. The Mercedes stopped at the airport. The two men escorted GD inside.

“Wait right here until I get back” – Ji Hyo demanded Taeyang as their car was parking in front of the terminal.

“What are you going to do?” – Taeyang asked, holding Ji Hyo back.

“Whatever I need to do to get my fiancé back. Just wait here.” She said.

Before Taeyang could say anything, she already closed the door and ran after GD.

“Excuse yourself to the restroom” – Ji Hyo texted GD as she was running lowly behind him and the two man.

GD read the message. He looked around and saw Ji Hyo was nearby. He nodded his head at her then asked the guards to let him go to the restroom.

The two men in suit looked at each other, indecisive on whether they should let GD go to the restroom or not.

“Do you want me to pee right here?” – GD made a fuss and yelled at them.

“Fine, but we will wait for you in front of the restroom entrance. Please don’t think about escape.” – One of them said.

“I know” – GD said. He winked at Ji Hyo who was hiding in a corner near by the restroom.

As GD stepping inside the restroom, Ji Hyo quickly ran to an airport security. With a scared voice, she said “Officer, I saw the two men over there carry gun” – She pointed at the two men in suit. – “They looked very suspicious officer. I’m so scared”

“I understand mam’. Please stay in a safe area, we will take immediate action.” – The officer said and called for backup.

Just a few minutes later, 10 huge airport police officers surrounded the restroom entrance area

“Stay down, hand behind your head” – Two police officers yelled loudly at the men in suit, with the runs pointed directly at them.

The two men didn’t know what happened. They were in panic and did what was told. They lied flat on the ground with their hands crossed behind their head.

Ji Hyo took advance of the chaos moment and sneaked inside the male restroom.

“Let’s go” – She grabbed GD hand.

The restroom was full of males and they looked at her in flutter. She ignored them and only focused on GD.

“What are you doing in male restroom?” – GD startled.

“Is it the time for that question? Let’s run before they catch us” – Ji Hyo frowned and signaled GD carefully sneaked out the restroom.

They rushed to the terminal entrance where Taeyang waiting for them.

“Let’s go” – Ji Hyo ordered Taeyang as she and GD stepped inside the car.

Taeyang drove furiously without knowing where they were heading. Getting out of the airport was their first thought.

“Wow, it was crazy. You had to looked at the scene earlier Taeyang, it was like in a criminal show. Ji Hyo was so cool.” – GD excitedly told Taeyang.

“Seriously? What did she do?” – Taeyang eagerly asked as his feet still pressed firmly at the gas pedal.

“It was a big scene inside the airport. The two men earlier were surrounded by the police officer. How did you get the police to surround them Ji Hyo?” – GD asked, envious.

“I just said they have gun.” – Ji Hyo calmly explained.

“Wow you are really smart. I’m so proud.” – GD happily praised.

“Whoa, I didn’t know you can think of something like that too Ji Hyo.” – Taeyang stated, surprised tone.

“We are in America, they are very sensitive about people carrying gun in the airport. If you use brain a little, then you can find solution for anything.” – Ji Hyo smirked and the two men laughed with envy.

“Where are we heading now?” – Taeyang asked.

Before answering Taeyang, GD took a deep moment looking at Ji Hyo with his sincere eyes.

“Ji Hyo, are you regretting being with me?” – GD asked

“Of course not” – She shook her head.

GD held Ji Hyo hand tightly, looked at her genuinely. “Then will you married me today?” – He asked.

“Are you serious?” – Taeyang raised his voice before the main lead had a word.

Ignoring Taeyang, Ji Hyo and GD stared at each other intensely. Their eyes spoke for a thousand words. In his eyes, Ji Hyo saw love, sincere, honesty, and herself. She knew that man was ready to take her as his wife. They might be young but this was totally not a reckless decision. She trusted her judgement. More importantly, she trusted him.

“Yes, I will” – She confidently answered with a happy smile.

“Yes!” – GD excited squealed and gave her a sweet kiss. – “Let’s go the Atlantic City” – He told Taeyang.

“Why?” – Taeyang asked.

“They have 24/7 Chapel in Atlantic City. Don’t you mind to have a simple wedding, my fiancé?” – GD grinned at Ji Jyo.

“Not at all” – She gladly responded.

“Then let’s do it then” – GD said.

“Sure”  - Taeyang said but his heart was shattering to pieces inside. Ironic, isn’t it? He was about to drive the woman he loved and his best friend to their wedding. But what could he do? It was for her happiness. He swallowed the pain, for the woman he loved and his best friend.