Chapter 40 - Are you really happy, yeobo?

The biggest secret

After lunch, Joong Ki dropped Ji Hyo off in front of her office. Even when she gets out of his car and says goodbye, she still keeps a brightest smile. And he sees it all, GD sees it all. He and Taeyang have been quietly following them from the restaurant back to her office. He was silent the whole time. He wore dark sunglasses to hide his sad eyes. His taxi waits in front of her office for a long time, until Joong Ki leaves, until Ji Hyo walks inside, he is still sitting on the taxi, quietly.

“Do you want to go inside to see her?” – Taeyang asks, concerned.

GD shakes his head. – “No, I’m fine. I don’t know what to talk to her neither. Let’s go have a drink.”

“Ok” - Taeyang says and requests the taxi driver take them to his family’s bar.

It’s the middle of the day so no one is in the bar. They get into the VIP area. GD orders a bottle of Hennessey and chucks from one shot to another. Taeyang is also quiet takes in as many shots as GD does. He has been sitting next to GD the whole time trying to calm him down but now when he has a little quiet time, he suddenly feels some kind of sadness. He thinks about Ji Hyo and Joong Ki at the restaurant, how they can talk and laugh with each other so naturally. He wishes he could replace Joong Ki and sit on that chair, face to face with her, looking at her, smiling at her. That would be nice but he never had a chance to do that. GD was always in the picture, always between her and him. Her attention always focused on GD and never on him. He had been desperate for her consideration for so long, but he was too scared to ask. He wishes he can be as brave as Joong Ki.

“Taeyang.” – GD puts down his shot – “Am I a bad husband?” – He asks.

“Why do you say that?” – Taeyang also puts his shot on the table.

“I haven’t seen her smile that brightly for a while, not even in front of me. I don’t think I make her happy.” – GD says, sad voice.

“I’m not living with you two anymore so I don’t know if she is happy. But I know she used to be happy when we lived in America. Her eyes always sparked with happiness even after a twelve hours shift. You two were very happy.” – Taeyang tells, low voice.

“You are right. We were very happy back then. Even life was tough, we didn’t have much but we were always joyful. Now we have everything, well I have everything but why it doesn’t feel the same. When I was young, I thought that living my dream is the happiest thing but it doesn’t seem like it anymore. I am fulfilling my dream but why my heart feels so empty. I always have so much fun on the stage but then when I come back to my apartment, I feel emptier than ever. My wife isn’t there. Sometimes I miss her so much but by the time I get home, she already falls asleep so I can’t even call her to let her know how much I miss her. We live like that for 4 years. Sometimes, I really wanted to ask her if she is happy but I was scared to take the possibility that she said she was not happy. I am such an abject husband, ain’t I?” – GD sadly says, chucking more alcohol.

“I know you have tough time too. I don’t even know how you two have been doing that. It must been very difficult.” – Taeyang shakes his head.

“Am I wrong leaving my wife lonely by herself? At least I have Big Bang but she has no one. I can’t imagine how lonely she must be.” – GD sighs heavily.

“I must be tough on her plus she has to manage the whole cooperation. I don’t know how she does that. She really is amazing.” – Taeyang compliments

“Yeah, she is indeed amazing. But I think I rely on her too much. I have been letting her handle all the hardship by herself. What if she is too tired and gives up on me?” – GD asks, concerned.

“I don’t think she ever will. She loves you very much.” – Tayang says.

“You really think so?”

“Of course, if she doesn’t, she will never sacrifice so much for you but maybe you should treat her better, man. She is deserved to be appreciate.” – Teayang advises.

“You are right.” – GD says and they both fall into silence with their own thoughts, keeps letting alcohol eases their pain until late.

After lunch, Ji Hyo comes back to her normal routine, working until late, until she is the last person in the office. But today, she chooses to stay in her office a little bit longer. Her office is in the highest floor of the building, separated from the rest of the company. On her floor, only the assistant desk then her office, no one else, she likes privacy and quietness. Today, her room is even more quiet than normal. She is the only one left. She stands up from her desk ad walks to the glass window, looking down at the quiet street.

Everybody probably already went home. She receives a message from Joong Ki asking if she already goes home but she doesn’t reply. It was enough Joong Ki for the day. She can’t take any more of his care because she feels guilty. Guilty that she had fun with another man, not her husband. She knows really well that her heart is not waivered but still, she is a married woman. It is not right to have too much fun with another man. She misses her husband. She calls him but he doesn’t answer. She is disappointed, it is not the first time he doesn’t pick up her call but for some reasons, she feels sadder today. Maybe because another man treated her so well earlier and the entire time she was with that man, she wished her husband was there.

It’s late and she decides to go home. She tiredly walks inside the house and is surprise to see her husband lying on the couch with his eyes tightly closed. She can smell alcohol from the front door.

“Yeobo, are you ok?” – She shakes him lightly.

He slowly opens his eyes. – “Yeobo” – He squeals, drunken voice. – “Why are you so late? I have been waiting for you.”

“I had to work. Why didn’t you tell me that you were coming? I would come home sooner.” - She asks.

“I just want to surprise you yeobo.” – He smiles, drunkenly

“Thank you yeobo.” – She curls her lips softly, seeing her husband. It likes magic that her husband appearing in front of her the moment she misses him most. Her heart is stronger than ever seeing him. Despite how long they have been married, the way her heart in front of him is always the same, beating the same way, fast, nervous, and happy. – “Let’s go to our bedroom ok? You will catch a cold if you are sleeping here.” – She says, then puts his arm over her shoulders, trying to carry him to the bedroom.

“I miss you yeobo.” – He says and keeps kissing her cheek as she is struggling taking him to the bedroom.

Even though it is not easy carrying him since their bedroom is up stair and he is much heavier when he is drunk, she feels happy. She always loves it when he kisses her on the cheek.

 They finally make it to the bed. She lets him lay down and go get a warm towel but he holds her hand and pulls her down lying next to him. He snuggles her close to him, tightly holds her waist with his right arm while his left arm pillowing her head. He snips her neck deeply. “I miss your smell yeobo. Why do you always smell so good?” – He whispers on her ear.

“Really?” – She asks, putting her head on his chest.

“Of course. Do you know nights that you are not around, I always sleep on your side of the bed, so I can fall asleep easier. Your smell is some kind of drug yeobo, very addicted.” – He softly says.

She smiles. “Really? I think I’m addicted to your smell to yeobo.”

He opens his eyes, looks deeply in her eyes, tucking her hairs behind her ear so he can see her better. “I miss you yeobo.” – He says and before she can reply, he presses his lips on hers, zealously. He pulls her into him even closer, leaves no gap between them. His leg tightly tangles hers. His right hand tightly holds her head, pushing her face closer to him to the point he can feel her every breath, every heartbeat. All his jealousy, sadness, and misery, he puts them all in that kiss. It is the hottest, wettest, and most passionate kiss that they have ever had for a while. They were breathless but they don’t want to let each other’s lips go. They want to keep sucking, nipping and wetting each other with passion.

“My wife is a very good kisser tonight.” – He grins

“Same as my husband.” – She chuckles.

“I love you yeobo.” – He softly says, caressing her cheek.

She looks lovingly at him - “I love you too.”  - She whispers.

“Yeobo, can I ask you something?”

She nods.

“Are you …” He hesitates – “Happy?” – He takes all his courage and asks.

She is stunned for a moment hearing in the question. He is the second one of the day asking her that question. She wonders for a second but of course she ends up telling him “Of course yes.”

“You don’t have to say that to ease me. I know life has been difficult for you.” – He tells her, low tone.

She inhales sharply for a while before releasing her breath then gently caresses his hair. “Yes, life has been really tough but you are with me now and I am happy.” – She smiles kindly at him.

“I’m sorry yeobo.” – He says.

“For what?”

“For neglecting you. I shouldn’t let you be so lonely in my family.” – He says, apologetic.

“It’s ok. You are not neglecting me. I know you are just busy.” – She comforts.

“Yeobo, don’t be too understanding anymore. Be a little selfish, tell me to take more time for you, tell me to come home more often. Things like that are what a normal wife should say right?” – She asks, frustrated

She is silent for a while

“But I am not a normal wife.” – She slowly says. – “I’m G-Dragon’s wife. My husband is busy entertaining the world so being understanding is the least thing I can do for him.” – She states and looks at him with love.

He hugs her tighter in his arm. – “Why are you always thinking for me first yeobo? Don’t you feel unfair at all?” – He says, tears running out of his eyes. The sudden sadness covers his soul. He feels sad letting her being so understanding, letting her accepting all the disadvantages, letting her loving him unconditionally.

She lightly shakes her head. – “Of course not, I am the wife of the most popular man in Asia. Why am I feeling unfair for? I know my husband love me and only me right?” – She whispers, wiping his tears away.

“Of course I only love you. How can I not love a wonderful woman like you?”

“That’s all I ask you yeobo. As long as you love me, only me, I can handle everything, I can take all the hardship and disadvantage. So don’t feel sad anymore ok? I am really alright. I am really happy.” – She smiles.

“Thank you very much for being my wife yeobo. Please don’t ever leave me.” – He says, desperate.

“Of course I never will.” – She promises, firmy.