Chapter 58 - Chaos

The biggest secret

The song is ended, the whole ballroom gets quiet. The guests hold their breath, looking at the sad couple on a very front VIP  table. His tears are still running, so does she. Her hand is still on his cheek, and so is his. Their love, their passion, their beautiful past, all seems to come back to their mind at that moment. In front of them is the one that they love most, care most, cherish most, also the one that can make they cry the most. Just what had happened to them? Why do they have to be in misery state like this? Why after all the fight they been through against the world, they end up here? Sad and heartbroken!

Her heart turns weak.

 Forgive him?

Can she?

At this moment, only beautiful moments remain in her head. The man in front of her, he definitely loves her. She can see that, the sorrow in his eyes, the passion in his eyes. Those eyes only have her. She lost in the ocean of tears in his eyes. Her heart aches. She doesn’t want to see him in this misery state. She wants to release him, release herself from the heart ache that has been killing them for days. Maybe she should forgive him, she should, they can start over, she can forget all about that night and moves on like nothing ever happened. However, brain is not the computer, there are no delete or undo button. What happened already happened. Even if she forgives, will she able to forget?

 She is not sure.

Then in the middle of that messy state, a hand clap suddenly breaks the silence. Like being waken up from the hypnosis, she stops staring at GD and looks at the direction where the hand clap comes from and it’s Joong Ki. For a moment, she totally forgets that Joong Ki has been next to her the whole time. He is smiling at her but his face is so sad. He putted so much effort in making her happy the last few days and also making her the most beautiful woman tonight but at the end, she focused her attention on another man, cried for another man, in front of him, of his parents who had been nothing but nice to her the entire time. She feels guilty. She stops her eyes at Joong Ki’s sorrow face for a moment. That face is the one that has been loving her even before her husband existed in her life. 10 long years, he has been loving her for one decade …

 The rest of the ballroom starts clapping their hands too, for the best performance of the century.

Joong Ki offers his hand in front of Ji Hyo - “It’s getting late. Let’s take you home, shall we?” – Joong Ki softly asks with a gentle smile that he always wears on his handsome face.

Ji Hyo looks at Joong Ki then the man kneeling in front of her. One is sad and one is devastated. They are both pitiful. They both are hurt because of her. She takes a deep breath, wipes out the rest of the painful tears on her face then puts her hand on top of Joong Ki’s hand – “Let’s go.” – She says and stands up together with Joong Ki. They walk out of the ballroom, leaving her husband still kneeling down in front of the empty chair. His eyes follows her and she is getting further and further, until she becomes a small dot and totally disappears from the room, from the crowd, from … him.

“Let’s go.” – Taeyang appears from behind the stage and pulls GD up.

“She is really leaving me.” – GD mumbles, he loses all his strength to talk. He lost his heart, he lost his soul, he lost her, he lost … his everything.

In the limousine, Ji Hyo and Joong Ki sit next to each other but they haven’t spoken a single word. His hand is still on hers. He doesn’t want to let it go. This is the first time ever he has held her hand that long. He feels that she needs a quiet support. A hand holding will do for now, he guesses.

She hasn’t pulled his hand away mainly because she is not aware of his hand existence. Her mind is still in that ballroom where her husband is. Physically, she left her husband alone in that ballroom but her soul, her heart are still staying there with him. She can still feel his warm tears, his sad voice, his sorrow eyes. They are all there in her head. Why did he have to be so sad? Now she feels miserable too. She wonders what is going to happen to him after tonight. She is sure that the whole thing earlier got caught on the camera. He confessed to public about their relationship and she left him. Things are definitely getting complicated from tomorrow on. Why did he have to do that? They could have divorce in silence and no one will ever have to find down about their relationship. He can continue his life as a hallyu star. Now, his career is obviously in trouble. Why did he have to do that? They had tried so hard to hide their relationship from public for so long. And now… all their effort got wasted. Her heart is heavier than ever.

Her silly husband !!!

She sighs, heavily.

The car arrives at her place before she knows it.

“Can I walk you to your home?” – Joong Ki softly asks.

She nods with a soft smile.

He pulls her right arm around his left arm and his right hand keeps on top of hers. He tries to comfort her, she is aware of that now.

“I’m sorry.” – She softly says.

“For what?” – He gently asks while pressing the elevator button.

“For ruining your night. I must embarrass you big time.” – She says, apologetically.

He gently looks at her with a kind smile – “I don’t know what you are talking about. I am supper proud being with you tonight. Didn’t you see the way all the men tonight looking at you? I am sure they all wanted to be in my place.”

“But …”

Because she can finish her word, he already gently puts his right index finger right on her lips. She looks at him and he shakes his head with a sad smile. – “You did well tonight. It must be hard on you.” – He says, and then pulls her in his chest. She freezes in surprise. She is in his arm, just like 7 years ago, before she even dated her husband. His embrace is still as warm as she remembers. The elevator doors open wide but neither of them moves a step. He is hugging her tightly, doesn’t want to let her go. He has waited 7 years for this moment. He doesn’t want this moment to disappear too soon. The elevator door opened then closed and they still stand at the same spot, don’t know for how long, probably very long time …

He only lets her go when both of their cellphones suddenly ring loud. The chaos finally breaks down, they both feel that.

“Well, you should sleep tight tonight. I am sure you have a big battle to fight tomorrow.” – He says and walks her to her door.

“Thank you. You should go home and sleep well too.” – She softly answers and opens the door.

“I will.” – He smiles then leaves.

She comes inside her house, doesn’t bother to turn on the light. The illuminations of night Seoul outside of her window is enough. She pours herself a glass of Scotch and walks to the big glass window, her favorite spot, where she can see the whole Seoul. When they lived in GD’s apartment in America, she often stood by the glass windows for hours when she had a bad day. And GD always, from behind, sneakily hugged her by her waist. Time like that, all her tiredness and stress suddenly disappeared. She loved that time so much. They always had each other. But right now, only her … here …

Her phone rings again. It is her mother in law. That woman is surprisingly consistent tonight. There are probably more than 10 miscalls from her. Ji Hyo doesn’t bother to pick up. She already knows what her mother in law want to talk about. Probably not much talking, more like yelling. She lived in that house long enough to know what to expect. She turns her phone off, throws it on the piano next to her. She doesn’t want to be bothered tonight. She takes a sip of her bitter Scotch and keeps staring out of her windows. Everything looks so small from here …

The next morning, just as expected, big chaos breaks out not only at New Generation Electronic and SBS, also at YG.

“What the hell wrong with you?” – CEO Yang throws a newspaper angrily in front of all Big Bang members. - “Do you want to destroy your career? Why did you do something like this without discussing with any of us?” – He continues to yell at GD

“I’m sorry hyung but I don’t really care if my career is end anymore.” – GD answers, tired voice. He didn’t sleep at all last night. He and his bandmates stayed up all night and drank at his place. After the performance, he was in no shape of being alone. His bandmates had never seen him that devastated. They took him home and decided to stay their overnight with him until CEO Yang called them to the agency in anger. His pictures last night make front pages of every single newspaper and magazine in Korea and probably about 20 more countries out there where Big Bang is more popular than their national singers.

“You think it is only about you? How about Big Bang? How about Taeyang,  TOP, Seungri, Dae Sung? It has been 5 years and you still don’t understand that your action doesn’t only affect you but your bandmates as well. Do you think Big Bang can be ok after this ridiculous scandal?” – CEO Yang keeps on screaming.

“We don’t mind.” – TOP suddenly speaks up. – “If we are in his position, we will do the same. We will support him no matter what.”

“I agree.” – Taeyang says.

“Me too.” – Seungri and Dae Sung follows.

“We will be here for your man.” – His bandmates says and gives him a big hug.

“Whatever you guys want to do.” – CEO Yang angrily steps out the room.

“Sorry for involving you guys.” – GD says.

“Don’t worry about that man. We are brothers.” – Taeyang states and everyone support.

GD feels grateful. At least he still has a family always supporting them. However, he concerns about his wife. Will she be able to go through this scandal by herself?