Chapter 57 - If you

The biggest secret

 

“Hello Song Ji Hyo – ssi, Song Joong Ki – ssi.” – Makeup artist Kim brightly greets them.

“Hello Kim Ji Soo – ssi. How are you doing?” – Joong Ki greets while Ji Hyo bows lightly at Mr. Kim.

“I’m great. Thank you. It is such a pleasure having you here Song Ji Hyo –ssi. Please sit down here.” – Mr. Kim gestures Ji Hyo to the white comfortable leather chair in front of the makeup table. – “You are much prettier in person Song Ji Hyo –ssi” – Mr. Kim compliments

“Thank you.” – Ji Hyo shyly smiles.

“She is, isn’t she” – Joong Ki smiles lovingly at Ji Hyo then turn to Ji Soo – “Please work your magic. I want this pretty lady here becomes the most gorgeous woman tonight ok?”

“It will not take much effort.” – Ji Soo answers with a smile.

“Thank you.” – Joong Ki bends his body down to level himself with the sitting Ji Hyo – “Eat something while getting your hair and makeup done ok? I will get ready and pick you up later.” – He softly whispers in her ear

She lightly nods with a smile.

As Joong Ki is leaving, Min Young stops him by the entrance. – “CEO Kim, you just came back to Korean so I think I should tell you that it is customary for SBS’s CEO to be accompanied by female celebrities in big event like this. You will be on TV you know?” – She smiles, flirty.

Joong Ki curls his lips softly at Min Young – “Thank you for letting me but I do have a celebrity accompany me tonight. You know Song Ji Hyo right? She is a type of celebrity too.” – He says then left, leaving Min Young with embarrassment.

After an hour, Joong Ki comes back to the salon in his fabulous Italian tailor-made tuxedo. His handsome figure is definitely breathtaking that all the female celebrities can’t hold their gasp. He knocks on the VIP door, where Ji Hyo has her service – “Are you ready?”  

“Yeah, come on in.” – Ji Hyo answers from inside the room.

Joong Ki slowly turns the door knob and he can’t help but spread a big smile all over his face, seeing the gorgeous lady in front of her. Her pretty face is even prettier with the flawless makeup. Her hair is nicely put to a curly updo. Her gorgeous neckline that often hides behind her long pretty hair now has a chance to show off. And the gown is just perfect on her. The neck line runs low enough to show her y leverage but still keeps it elegant and formal. Joong Ki is blinded a minute from her shining beauty.

“How do I look?” – Ji Hyo shyly asks

“Like a Goddess.” – He answers with a smile.

“You look great too.”

He walks next to her and takes out the necklace from the jewelry box on the makeup table -“Thank you. Please let me do the pleasure.” –. Gently, he puts it over her neck. Her heart skips a beat from his gentle gesture. – “Now your look is completed.”

“Thank you.” – She curls her lips to a shy smile.

“Let’s go.” – He offers her his arm as a gentleman.

She smiles softly and curls her hand around his arm.

The black luxury limousine has been waiting for them. The chauffer quickly opens the door for them to enter. The car departs in front of the admiring eyes of pedestrians.    

Momentary, their limousine stops in front of the huge red carpet where the reporters are lighting up the dark sky by their flash light. Joong Ki steps out of the car first. Standing by the door, he bends his back elegantly and offers his hand to help Ji Hyo gets out of the car. At the other end of the carpet, Big Bang is posing their entrance. Despite the misery stage of mind, GD tries to fake some smiles in front of the camera. However, the moment Ji Hyo steps out of the limousine in Joong Ki’s hand. GD’s smile immediately stops.

All the attention including reporters and Big Bang are suddenly drawn to the entrance where Ji Hyo is walking brightly with her hand curling around Joong Ji’s arm. They look like a perfect Hollywood couple on red carpet. Both of them luminously smile at the reporters who keep sneaking some questions about their relationship. Her dress looks even more fabulous and flashy under the flash light.

GD can’t help but feel awe looking at his beautiful wife. She is truly gorgeous. Hundreds of female celebrities here tonight honestly can’t compare to her. She shines brightly tonight. So brightly that hurts his eyes and his heart as the man, whose arm she is holding onto is not him. She looks so happy with that man and even though it’s hurt but he has to admit that they look surprisingly great together. He wants to walk over there and takes her hand away but before he can do that, his manger already pulls him and the other members inside, leaving space for her and Joong Ki to take picture.

She sees him, she does. Even with all the camera keeps flashing around her, trying to blind her eyesight, she still sees him. She sees him looking at her, sadly. But she avoids his eyes contact. She acts like she doesn’t see him. She curls her hand a little tighter about Joong Ki’s arm so she can stay put instead of racing toward the man just betrayed her. She expected that Big Bang is here tonight but facing him is still difficult. She takes a deep breath and puts on the brightest smile. She doesn’t want to disappoint Joong Ki tonight.

As they have done with picture taking, the host quickly leads them to the VIP section while Big Bang is getting ready for their performance on backstage. GD keeps his silence the entire time. From backstage, he sneaks a peek at Ji Hyo’s table where she is sitting with Joong Ki and who GD recognizes as Joong Ki’s parents also chairman of SBS. They look like a real family. He wonders how long it has been since he last had the dinner with her and his parents in public.

Never.

He has mistreated her for too long.

At Ji Hyo table, Joong Ki feels neglected as his mother and father keep on talking to Ji Hyo.

Joong Ki’s mother kindly holds Ji Hyo by the hand. - “Omo, I always want to meet CEO Song Ji Hyo in person. How can a woman can be this smart and beautiful at the same time?”

Ji Hyo shyly smiles. – “Not at all madam. I can look this good because Joong Ki booked me a good makeup artist.”

“Of course not, I see you on magazine all the time and you always look good” – Joong Ki’s father happily compliment. – “I really like your attitude Ji Hyo. You are from a poor family but you have worked hard to get to where you are right now. It is true talent.”

“Right. I wish our daughter can be one tenth of you then we would be very happy. Whoever has you as daughter in law must be very lucky.” – His mother says then turns to Joong Ki – “You have to be quick before someone steal her away ok?” – And the four of them laugh pleasurably.

“I know omma.” – Joong Ki answers with a bright smile while Ji Hyo shyly curls her lips quietly.

She feels warm. She hasn’t had this kind of welcome and loving treatment from adult for a long time. She had tried so hard to please her mother in law but never even once that woman gave her a compliment or a sweet word. Ji Hyo knows how wealthy Joong Ki’s family is but they are still so warm and down on earth. She probably would have much better life being the daughter in law of that family.

The event goes by smoothly with many lively performances. Ji Hyo even accompanies Joong Ki to give the award for best actress of the year. Everybody is in awe looking at how sweet they are together. Even famous actors and idols can’t keep their stare off the legendary CEO Song Ji Hyo. She is indeed the celebrity of celebrities. Everyone wants to see her in real life for once to verify that the beautiful and talented woman is real. Now she is here, as beautiful as any movie star and every men keep looking at her in amazement. Behind the stage, a man is also looking at her lovingly, in fact, his eyes have never left her and only on her even though it’s tearing him apart seeing her happy with another man.

“For the special performance of tonight, lady and gentle please give G-Dragon the applause with his newest song “If you.”” – The host cheerfully introduces and Ji Hyo’s heart jumps a few beat shearing her husband name mentioned. As a habit, her eyes are drawn to the stage where her husband is slowly surfacing from under the stage. His eyes are on her the moment his head passed the floor. Her eyes are on his too. Their eyes meet. Even though she tries, she can’t get her eyes off him. Before he starts the performance, he says with a sad voice. – “This song is dedicated for a woman I love.  She has been secretly devotes her youth, her freedom, her love to support me even before I am I star. When I was just a boy who didn’t know what I should with my life. But she was with me, encouraged me, and supported me to bring me to where I am today. She is my love, my life partner, my muse, my inspiration, my everything. Without her, I am nothing. But I was stupid and made a terrible mistake. I hurt her so badly that she can’t even forgive me anymore. And it seems like there is nothing that I can do to make up to her. So I write this song and I am glad she is here today to listen to it. This song is for you yeobo.”

Sorrow spreads though the whole ballroom hearing GD’s heartbreaking confession especially the woman that he is gluing his eyes on. Her heart just sunk down on the floor. All the aches in her body suddenly attack her again. She tries to bear her tears but then he starts singing. His eyes are still not leaving her. The song is so sad. His voice is so sad …

(A/N: Please listen to this song to feel his painful heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0eT9omRQS0)

She is leaving
And I can’t do anything
Love is leaving
Like a fool, I’m blankly standing here

I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times
I remember you

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

How about you?
Are you really fine?
Our break up is here
I should forget you but it’s not easy

I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She’s becoming a small dot and then disappearing
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times
I remember you

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

On days where thin rain falls like today
I remember your shadow

Our memories that I secretly put in my drawer
I take them out again and reminisce by myself

Why didn’t I know
About the weight of sadness
that comes with breaking up?

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you  

As the song at its climate, his tears start falling and so do hers.

This song is his hearty confession to her, his begging for her forgiveness. She feels his pain. This is probably what he wrote the days that he didn’t eat, didn’t sleep, and struggled because of her. This song is too touching that even a strong woman like her can’t control the tears. He sees her tears. He slowly leaves the stage, walks toward her. He stops in front of her, and in front of all the surprised eyes inside that ballroom and probably all the netizens that watching the live TV at this moment. He kneels down on one knee in front of her, with one hand still hold on the microphone, singing sadly toward her, he uses the other hand to wipe her tears, each and every drop of her tears are in his hand. They are hot. They burn his hand and burn his heart. Unknowingly, she also lifts her hand and wipes his tears. Softly, she touches his face, leaves her hand there. She misses him so much. She can’t stop crying and he can’t stop crying. They both freeze there for a long moment. The whole world around them seems to disappear, all the noise seems to disappear. There are only he and she exist in this world, only their pain, their sadness exist in this world …

 

A/N: Thank you Allycchan for suggested the song “If You”. This is indeed a perfect song for this part of my story.