=2=

Match Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hii :) here's another chapter for you ^^ and thank you for the nice feedback you left on the first chapter :) It made me really happy

Also, thanks for the new upvotes! I'm really surprised to see that this fic gets such a good response! :D

Thanks to:

einjhel79, Elfforever02, alexdh, AndreyaL, tete-sii, Yukiharu86

ImmaKpopFreak, connieis1, Gemma00, hyukbear, riehae, NeMonkey

aya-ELF, lavinya, pebles2jo, HyukkiBear, Sinbihae, bluerose_24

EunHae-Fan95, unintended, zawosh, jewel0404

 

He didn’t know what time it was when he woke up the next morning, but it didn’t matter anyway. It was finally weekend and that, on the other hand, meant that he could sleep in. Since he had started going to university, he had learned to cherish the weekends. It was the only time he could sleep late. Besides eating, sleeping was his second favourite thing to do. There was no better feeling than to be well-rested.

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes and he checked the time. The digital clock showed twenty past nine. It wasn’t that late. And taking into account that he had gone to sleep pretty late, he hadn’t slept that long after all.

 

He grabbed his phone from the bedside table and as he did, his heart started beating faster all of a sudden. What was the reason for his excitement this early in the morning? Then he suddenly remembered. Kyuhyun’s idea, Tinder the dating app, and the whole swiping. 

 

Finally understanding the reason for his nervousness, Hyukjae quickly sat up in bed. He was curious to see if he had got any matches or messages. He had liked a lot of guys, there had to be at least one who had liked him back.

 

He closed his eyes, and muttered to himself “Please. At least someone.”

He opened his eyes again and then he unlocked the screen. He widened his eyes as he saw that he had four notifications from the Tinder app, and he quickly checked them. He had three new matches and one message. Not bad at all. At least it was something. The situation wasn’t hopeless after all.

 

As he checked who the three new matches were, Hyukjae wasn’t disappointed. 

 

The first one was a guy called Sungmin. He wasn’t really his type, but he was rather cute. Maybe they could become friends if anything. In his description it said that he was good at martial arts, but Hyukjae kind of doubted that. Sungmin looked way too cute and innocent for such a hobby. He was twenty-four. However, Hyukjae knew that he should never judge a book by its cover.

 

The second one was someone called Zhoumi. Twenty-six years old. It was his smile which had gotten Hyukjae’s attention. It was beautiful. The guy himself was rather handsome too. In the description it only said that he was Chinese. 

 

What surprised Hyukjae was to see who the third guy was. It was that gorgeous guy, the first normal guy he had come across of. His name was Siwon and he was twenty-seven years old. He would have never pegged him as gay. The fact that they had a match was indeed really surprising. 

 

Hyukjae then checked who had messaged him, but as he did, he could only roll his eyes.

 

“Such a moron,” he muttered, and he shook his head.

The message was from no other than his friend Kyuhyun, who still believed it to be necessary to annoy him. And he had already thought that one of those three guys had messaged him. He was rather disappointed, he had to admit.

 

He opened Kyuhyun’s message to see what that idiot had written this time.

 

 

Kyuhyun: Good morning, sunshine ;-) 

 

 

That guy really didn’t have anything better to do than to annoy him. And that stupid winking face…

 

 

Hyukjae: Kyuhyun! Will you stop that?

 

 

Within seconds, he got a reply. Damn, that guy was fast.

 

 

Kyuhyun: What? I thought my messages would make you happy…

 

 

Hyukjae sighed. It had definitely been a mistake to like him. Kyuhyun always seemed to have fun annoying him. Sometimes, he believed it to be Kyuhyun’s favourite occupation when he was bored. There had been times, where he had left him voice messages during the night, telling him about his weird dreams and whatnot. Kyuhyun was a real weirdo.

 

 

Hyukjae: Dude! I’m on a mission here! Don’t get my hopes up. Every time I see a message, I think it’s someone else.

 

 

He waited for a reply, but none came. Hyukjae sighed and he decided to get out of bed. The shower was waiting for him. 

 

Fifteen minutes later, as he came back into his room to get dressed, Hyukjae checked his phone. He had gotten a message once again. There was no reason for him to get excited, because it was probably Kyuhyun again.

“Yep,” he confirmed as he opened the message. It was his friend.

 

 

Kyuhyun: Are your legs tired? You’ve been running through my mind all morning ;-)

 

 

Hyukjae couldn’t help but laugh, and he shook his head in amusement. He was curious to know what kind messages Kyuhyun sent to other people. Maybe those weird pick-up lines worked and he managed to twist everyone around his finger.

 

 

Hyukjae: Yeah. I was looking for a brain cell.

 

 

Hyukjae smirked at his respond. He knew how to respond to stupid pick-up lines. 

 

 

Kyuhyun: Nice one. I’ll stop bothering you on your mission now. Message me if there’s any progress.

 

 

Hyukjae let out a sigh. He sat down on his bed and he stared at his phone. So he had three matches. What now? He felt too shy to message them first. Why was it so hard to message a simple ‘Hi’? 

Hyukjae groaned in frustration. He would wait for them to make the first step. 

 

He got up and decided to go downstairs. Now it was time for breakfast. 

He was alone at home. His parents had spontaneously decided to visit his grandparents and they would only come back on Sunday in the late evening. So right now he had the house to himself. Yes, he was still living with his parents, despite already being twenty-four years old. However, he was planning on moving out next year. He first wanted to finish with university.

 

Even as he was preparing breakfast, he had all his focus on his phone. He was still swiping, looking for his perfect guy. Yesterday, he had said he would delete Tinder after a day. He believed such a dating app to be idiotic. He claimed not to be so desperate. However, now he came to the realisation that he was pretty much addicted to it. He didn’t know why, though. It was probably the whole swiping which got to him. 

 

Even during the day, he couldn’t let go of his phone even for a minute. He was obsessed with his phone, just like everyone else he had always complained about. Now he was one of them. It was rather scary, though, how fast one could become obsessed with a digital device. 

 

Not wanting to waste his entire day, Hyukjae decided to get some work done for university. He sat down at his table with the needed books, and he started working on an assignment which was due for next week. He had placed his phone on the table, so that he could see it from the corner of his eyes, but he tried not to pay too much attention to it.

 

However, not even ten minutes passed, and his phone vibrated. Like struck by lightning, he grabbed the device and then it vibrated again. He already expected it to be Kyuhyun, but this time it wasn’t him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter