=1=

Match Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone :) So I didn't want to make you wait too long for the first chapter ^^ hope you like it :) feedback is highly appreciated

Make sure to check out my other on-going fic --> Conflicted Fate

Any questions? :) --> ask.fm/BabyHae27

And wow, thanks for the upvotes! You really have faith in my writing ^^

So, thanks to:

kiddoELF, HyukkieMyHubby, profoundenigma, supercutie, cj0415

StarryDream4, cc_kouga, Haellen15, sagigirl94, evvchi, haelovesme,

altanar, Imynadth, Sora47, FishyPali, missbazinga, sujuismylife15, ortal_eunhae

 

He looked to his left and then to his right. He sighed.

 

Everywhere he looked he saw couples, or at least people flirting with each other. He rolled his eyes. Yes, he was irked, but at the same time he was jealous. It was as if everyone around him was rubbing it into his face that they had a partner but he didn’t. And now that it was early spring, it seemed as if they couldn’t control their raging hormones.

 

He didn’t know if there was something wrong with him and maybe he was simply invisible to everyone around him. No one seemed to show the slightest interest in him. How was that even possible? Like really, no one. He wasn’t ugly. He looked quite okay in his opinion. Average, that was how he would describe himself. Okay, maybe he wasn’t really the kind of person to catch everyone’s attention. 

 

He looked pretty normal with his natural dark brown hair, with a pretty much normal haircut. His clothes were nothing fancy, but still stylish to some extent. Maybe his appearance wasn’t the problem, but it was something else. Despite already being twenty-four years old, he seemed unable to communicate with people he fancied. It was as if he was descended from a different planet and wasn’t yet proficient in the human language. No one seemed to believe how shy he sometimes could be. 

 

Apart from that, it seemed as if it was rather hard to meet someone nowadays. No matter how hard he tried, he didn’t seem capable of getting a boyfriend, not to mention of finding a guy who didn’t turn out to be a complete jerk. There were times where he believed that he was surrounded by immature idiots. It was rather striking to see how immature some people his age still were.

 

Even if he managed to get someone’s attention, that person either turned out to be a total creep or it didn’t work out between them. Or even worse, they weren’t gay or were already in a relationship. 

 

To keep it short - his love life was a complete failure. Maybe even non-existent.

 

“Hyuk! Hey…Hyukjae! Hello?” Someone was calling him.

His train of thoughts was interrupted and he finally snapped out of it. He looked at his friend Kyuhyun, who was waving his hand in front of his face, trying to get his attention. How long had he been away with his thoughts?

 

He and his friend Kyuhyun were at a café in town. It was their usual meet up spot after an exhausting Friday at university. Both being in their last year of university was rather tough, and thus, they enjoyed their Friday afternoons with a nice coffee. However, it seemed as if Hyukjae wasn’t himself today.

 

“What’s up with that look?” Kyuhyun asked his friend. “You look as if you want to murder everyone around you.”

“That’s because I want to do exactly that,” Hyukjae said, and then sighed. “Just look at them.”

He hit the table with his fist, not too hard, though, and he shuddered.

“All that giggling, flirting and ugh, everything! I just wanna puke.”

 

Kyuhyun took a few sips of his coffee and he looked at his friend over the rim of the cup. He smirked.

“You’re jealous,” he stated the obvious, and he put the cup down on the table.

Hyukjae averted his eyes from all those people around him and he focused on his friend.

“Yes, I am,” he admitted, and then sighed again. “Everyone seems to have no problems meeting new people or finding someone who likes them. Easy-peasy. But what about me? Am I cursed, or what? No matter where I go, people don’t even look at me. All they do is stare at their freaking phones all day long.”

 

“Seriously, in what century do you live?” Kyuhyun questioned, and he shook his head in disbelief. “You need to tackle the problem in a different way. There’s a solution for every problem, believe me."

 

Hyukjae doubted that his friend would be able to help him this time. The situation was hopeless. The last time he had dated someone was three years ago. Three long years. Every now and then, he had had a fling, but that was about it. He didn’t know why he was so desperate to find someone now. Maybe he just felt a little lonely.

 

“And you know what the solution is?” Kyuhyun asked, but Hyukjae shook his head, still clueless. “You have to try Tinder.”

“T-Tinder?” the latter inquired. Then he leaned back in his seat. “I have no ing clue what that is.”

 

Kyuhyun let out a long sigh, a clear sign of his frustration.

“You seriously have been living under a rock,” he stated. “How can you not have heard of Tinder? Everyone knows about it. Well, apparently everyone except you.”

 

Hyukjae shrugged. He simply hadn’t heard of it.

 

“Okay, then let me enlighten you,” Kyuhyun then said, and he pulled out his phone. “Tinder is a dating app.”

“There’s no freaking way I will use a dating app,” Hyukjae interrupted him immediately, and he crossed his arms in protest. “Forget it. I’m not that desperate.”

 

Kyuhyun shushed him, and said “We live in a world where everyone is basically obsessed with their phone. Believe me, more and more people meet each other using a dating app. And plus, Tinder is really easy to use. I’ll show you.”

 

Hyukjae sighed and he watched as Kyuhyun opened the app. He knew that he had no other choice than to let him. It was hard to argue him out of it when something leaped into his mind. Kyuhyun was rather stubborn. And thus, he just gave him the satisfaction and let him talk.

 

“So all you have to do is log in with your Facebook account, but don’t worry, nothing will be posted on it. It’s just to create your profile using some of your Facebook profile pictures. Then you need to change your preferences. Since Tinder is a location-based social discovery app, you have to determine the search distance, and of course, the desired age.”

 

Hyukjae looked curiously at the display as Kyuhyun showed him how to use the app. It seemed indeed pretty simple.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter