=8=

Match Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey lovelies :) hope you like this chapter ^^ next one will include Donghae's pov, hope you're excited ;)
Anyway, I posted a surprise story, and I'd appreciate it if you check it out --> Accidental Call Boy
Also, if you want to chat or simply stay updated about when the stories are gonna be updated, follow me on twitter -> BabyHae27

I don't bite, so don't be afraid to say hi~ :)

And last but not least, once again I want to thank the people who gave this story their vote since the last update :) 
I hope you can support my other stories like that as well :)
Thanks to:


Eunhae070301, ThisLonerLovesEunhae, Nathyyy, byakuyasamasuki, MrGaarax, luvkpopcoupleshehe

Pizzalover, keyluva4eva, ILoveKDramas1, ozozo_eunhae, AnImEmAnGaFrEaK73, loverlovereunhae

caramelswirls, Lee_Shin-Hye, narcissistic_draym, hyukiemine, TrollingPanda, beyanasr

KhatzHyukkie, Marooshka, mintaemjinki, NimoLOVE, julhyuk, ELFNina,, PetalSabrina

Marketa, fishmonkey14, Butterfly_Tine, nyniea, happydays4ever, eunhaelan, hahano

 

 

 

“He wants you,” Kyuhyun said, and he wiggled his brows.

 

As per usual, Hyukjae had asked his friend to meet up at the café so that he could update him on what was going on. And after he had told Kyuhyun about the peck, the latter started teasing him, turning their conversation rather inappropriate. He didn’t even know why he was still seeking advice from him. Even though his friend didn’t seem helpful at all, he still kind of was.

 

“Stop talking nonsense,” Hyukjae told him, and he rolled his eyes. “I’m serious about this. I mean, what if he doesn’t want to?”

He couldn’t think about anything else than their next meeting. He was nervous yet excited. Would they finally kiss? He was still bothered by the fact that Donghae hadn’t kissed him last time despite having quite a few opportunities. What if he was misinterpreting the signs? What if Donghae didn’t even want to kiss him? All those what ifs were driving him insane.

 

“Maybe he doesn’t want to scare you off,” Kyuhyun said, and he shrugged. “I mean, he told you that he had difficulties finding a partner and maybe he wants to take things slow in order not to mess up. It only shows that he cares about you. Others would have already tried to get into your pants and I know you, Hyukjae. You would have run off immediately. I don’t want to remind you of those guys you immediately unmatched on Tinder because of their inappropriate behaviour.”

 

Hyukjae leaned back in his seat, crossed his arms in front of his chest, and he eyed his friend. Damn that guy, he was right again.

 

“Fine, I won’t worry,” Hyukjae sighed in defeat, but then he frowned. “What if he didn’t want to kiss me because of my breath? Do I have bad breath?”

 

Kyuhyun had the urge to face-palm. 

 

“Hyukjae, enough!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, and he shook his head. “Why didn’t you do the first step for once?”

Hyukjae shrugged, then he said “Because I don’t want to mess everything up by rushing things.”

“See? And maybe Donghae has the same opinion,” Kyuhyun retorted. “You seriously have to chill. Your first date was perfect. You really don’t have to worry about anything.”

 

“Fine,” Hyukjae muttered, and he sighed again. 

Everything was going well between him and Donghae, even better than expected. Thus, he thought that even Donghae wanted to go a step further and kiss him. However, what if he wasn’t what Donghae was looking for? He wasn’t sure if he could handle being rejected after all of this.

 

“Anyway, I wanted to ask you something,” Kyuhyun then changed the topic. “Sungmin and I wanted to check out that new club tomorrow. Want to join us?”

“Sure,” Hyukjae replied. He and Donghae hadn’t planned anything for Friday night, and since he didn’t want to spend the evening all by himself, he decided to agree. 

 

A night out didn’t sound that bad.

 

The next day, as Hyukjae was getting ready to go out and trying to decide on what to wear, he got interrupted by the ringing of his phone. He dropped the black V-neck shirt he was holding and he rushed towards his bed where his phone was lying.

“This better not be Kyuhyun to tell me he can’t make it,” Hyukjae muttered to himself, already fearing the worst. 

 

However, as he grabbed his phone, he was surprised to see that it wasn’t Kyuhyun. It was Donghae. 

 

Almost instantaneously, his heartbeat accelerated in nervousness. All this time, they had only texted each other and never actually talked on the phone. He was the kind of person who preferred texting to talking.

 

“Hello?” Hyukjae answered the call. He cursed mentally as he stuttered slightly. Not able to hide his flurry, he started pacing around in his room.

“Hey, I hope I’m not interrupting you,” Donghae said, and just by the tone of his voice, Hyukjae knew that he was smiling. “I was just getting some work done and I couldn’t help but think about you. So I really wanted to hear your voice. I probably sound weird, right?”

Donghae chuckled at his own words, and Hyukjae felt his cheeks heat up slightly. 

 

“You preferred working tonight so it’s your own fault,” Hyukjae replied. He lay down on his bed and smiled. “We could have met up instead. But now it’s too late anyway.”

“I know,” Donghae groaned, and he sighed. “I wished I could spend time with you instead. Where are you going anyway?”

“I don’t really know. Some new club,” Hyukjae answered. “I’m kinda sceptical about it, but my friend said it’s going to be fun.”

 

Suddenly, someone knocked on his door and without waiting for a response, the door opened. It was Kyuhyun, who had come to pick him up. 

 

Noticing that he was on the phone, Kyuhyun mouthed “Donghae?”

Hyukjae nodded in response and he sat up again.

 

“You can call me if you’re bored,” Donghae suggested, chuckling.

“And how would that help me?” Hyukjae .

 

Hyukjae’s eyes then landed on Kyuhyun and he widened his eyes. Kyuhyun, the tease he was, had his back turned towards him, his arms slung around his own body, and he was pretending to be smooching. Hyukjae immediately got the hint and he grabbed his pillow, throwing it at his idiotic friend.

 

“Honestly, I would drop everything and come pick you up,” Donghae admitted, leaving him flustered. “Anyway, I gotta go now. Have fun, and don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything.”

“Sure,” Hyukjae said, unable to wipe the grin off his face. “Bye.”

 

“Well, well, look at you!” Kyuhyun said with an amused grin. “Smiling like a weirdo. You really seem to like that guy, huh?”

“Shut up!” Hyukjae said, still smiling, and he threw another pillow at his friend. “I just have to put on another shirt and I’m ready to go.”

 

The new club they were heading to was called Underground. The name was pretty much self-explanatory, because obviously, it was underground. After Kyuhyun had found a parking spot, they headed to the entrance, which was barely visible due to the long queue.

“Damn it,” Kyuhyun cursed. “Seems like everyone had the same plan as we did.”

The long queue wasn’t really surprising to Hyukjae. People didn’t waste time to check out new stuff.

 

After waiting for half an hour, which wasn’t that bad after all, they were finally let in. Hyukjae gasped as he saw how fancy the club actually looked, despite its shady name. He didn’t really know how to describe this place as it was more a mix between pub and club. The room was spacious. Dim blue lights were hanging on the ceiling, which then switched colours to purple, and then to pink. And then back to blue. The bar was nothing compared to the ones he had seen in other clubs. This one stretched across the entire wall and there were plenty barstools available for people who had just come for a drink. Throughout the room were placed several high tables. And then there was the dance floor, which in fact was a podium, and people were dancing to the music booming and grinding against each other. Hyukjae frowned as he noticed the way most of the girls were dressed, they had barely anything on. 

 

“Ah there he is!” Kyuhyun said loud enough for Hyukjae to hear him over the music. “Sungmin, over here!”

Kyuhyun grabbed him by his arm and he dragged him along, until they finally reached the person he was looking for. Hyukjae didn’t know how to behave, after all he only knew Sungmin from Tinder and the latter had even hit on him. He didn’t want this encounter to be awkward. He hated awkwardness.

 

“You probably already know my boyfriend Sungmin,” Kyuhyun told him as he introduced them.

Boyfriend? Hyukjae couldn’t remember his friend telling him something about having a boyfriend.

“And this is Hyukjae, pretty much my best friend since forever,” he introduced him to Sungmin.

“Oh Hi. It’s nice to meet you,” Sungmin said with a bright smile, and he stretched out his hand. “For some reason you look really familiar. Have we met before?”

“N-No,” Hyukjae laughed awkwardly, and he shook Sungmin’s hand.

“Are you sure?” Sungmin questioned, and he cocked his head, smiling.

“Absolutely.”

 

Kyuhyun cleared his throat, and he said “Let’s hit the dance floor.”

“Actually, I’m going to get myself a drink,” Hyukjae said. “You two go ahead, I’ll join you later.”

The two of them headed for the dance floor, while he snatched a stool at the bar. After he had gotten his beer, he sighed and he took a couple of mouthfuls. It had been a while since he had been clubbing, but he definitely hadn’t missed it. He wasn’t really fond of crowded places.

 

Hyukjae casually looked around, but as he looked to his right, he spotted a guy next to him who didn’t even try to hide the fact that he was staring at him. For some reason, that guy seemed damn familiar. While he tried to remember where he knew him from, the guy used the opportunity to get closer to him.

 

“Hey, gorgeous,” the guy said with a smile, attempting to appear charming. “Never thought I would actually meet you.”

Yesung, that was the guy’s name. Hyukjae couldn’t believe that he still remembered his name. And now he also knew why he seemed so familiar. They had accidentally matched on Tinder and after that comment about his gorgeous lips, Hyukjae had unmatched him. 

 

“I’m not interested,” Hyukjae stated. “So stop bothering me and let me enjoy my beer.”

“Oh come on, let’s have fun together,” the guy said, and he smirked slightly. “I don’t bite, unless you want me to.”

Hyukjae downed his beer, put the empty bottle down, and got the hell away from that weirdo. That had been way too awkward.

 

After he had managed to escape, Hyukjae decided to join his friend on the dance floor. But it seemed as if Kyuhyun was too busy with Sungmin and therefore didn’t even pay him any attention. Thus, he started to dance on his own. 

 

However, today seemed to be the day of awkward encounters and Hyukjae soon had a girl clinging to him. Feeling rather uncomfortable by her closeness, he slightly pushed her away to get some space, but she didn’t seem to get the message.

“You know, I was hoping you would swipe right,” she said loud enough for him to hear, and she tentatively touched his arm. Hyukjae stepped back at the sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter