=7=

Match Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey lovelies :) hope you're all doing great and have a good weekend so far ^^ and I hope this update cheers you up too :)


From reading your comments, I noticed that some of you seemed a bit confused about the last chapter...or more specifically about the fact that Donghae could text Hyukjae even if he didn't have the correct number. Hyukjae did send him the correct number after Donghae confronted him on Tinder about it, but it was just one sentence (He quickly sent him the right number, checking twice if it was correct.) which came right after Hyukjae's Tinder message. Maybe you skipped the sentence due to your frustration(?) about the unfortunate situation ^^ dunno. But anyway, Donghae did get the message with Hyukjae's correct number, and then he deleted his account.
I hope it's clearer now for those of you who were confused ^^

 

Anyway, I was really happy to see that so many of you commented on the last chapter! Keep it up! ^_^
I also want to thank all of you who gave their up-vote after the last update :) sending lot's of love to:

Mrandmrlee, bhavnabomb, HaeHyukLoving, EriamLista, Piccola_Marti, HyoriHae, she_she0086
Leyhen, WonGyu1013, onlyleehyukjae, aestaetics, VeraChapin, xjudaaaayx, StpAce, tsuki96

BelenG, m15LEE, asagarmatha, marymar92, strawberrymonster, Hime_907, starstarstar08

Ai-lin, monkey404, LJNEUNHAE, xXChocolateCookiesXx, syunah, Forest_pixi, jluvforbidz

SapphireKyu-36, Leehan11, Owliedog, KkamJongMin1314, You_Know_Who, jagiya--,ISHIPMYUNGYEOL

megaAsia1, alpalca_exo2, Kisho101, rozepiiink, taekaitbh, Wookie111, czyind16, NothingCreative

snowflake1, ikari36, ne1004, Ciannaa, ToDaelover1202, sjvirus, teddy_lovely_bear, brokensmile_77

MixedSugaR, flamin_dinosaur, SJ8386SJ, cikicik, ayumu_min, haelic, baby-fishy-hae, coffeeinseoul

 

“I can’t believe I almost ruined everything,” Hyukjae sighed, and he stuffed a piece of cake into his mouth in frustration. He swallowed and continued. “I already messed up quite a lot of things and embarrassed myself often enough. Slowly, I’m starting to think that this is not meant to be.” He sighed again. “Well, I don’t know.”

 

Hyukjae had asked his friend Kyuhyun to meet up at the café so that he could tell him everything that had happened the previous day. It was easier to talk in person than on the phone. Plus, it was a good excuse to get a delicious coffee and piece of cake. Although, this place now reminded him of his failure.

 

He still couldn’t believe that he had given Donghae the wrong number. He should have checked immediately if it was the correct one. At least then they could have avoided such a misunderstanding. Luckily, he had managed to send him the correct number before Donghae had decided to delete his Tinder account. Perhaps if he had messaged him the correct one  only a few seconds later, Donghae wouldn’t have seen it. Then he would have spammed his Snapchat until he got it. 

 

Yet he felt a tad upset that their conversation was no longer existent. Everything was gone. At least he still had all the screenshots he had taken.

 

Hyukjae, who had been babbling non stop, finally stopped talking and he eyed his friend.

“What is that bruise on your forehead?” he asked Kyuhyun, frowning. “It’s really distracting and I can’t stop staring at it.”

“Oh nothing. It was Sungmin,” Kyuhyun said nonchalantly. “I didn’t believe him that he knows martial arts and he decided to kick my , which resulted in me bumping my head against the wall. Just don’t mind me.”

 

Hyukjae couldn’t help but laugh. He was right that one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Even though Sungmin looked like he couldn’t hurt a fly, he knew that he wasn’t to be underestimated. Especially not if he knew martial arts. Kyuhyun had to be careful.

 

“Anyway,” Kyuhyun decided to change the subject, and come back to Hyukjae’s worries. “The date went pretty well from what you’ve told me, so I don’t understand why you worry. He clearly wants to meet you again. And besides, he paid for your coffee, gave you a lift home and he gave you a glimpse of what could be yours.”
Kyuhyun smirked and he wiggled his brows, which caused Hyukjae to blush slightly. The latter now regretted having told him about the changing room incident.

 

Hyukjae groaned as he remembered something else. He couldn’t believe that he had really told Donghae that his eyes and smile made him feel weak. Now he knew what effect he had on him. Hyukjae wasn’t sure of that was good or bad. Also, he had sounded so desperate in the videos he had sent on Snapchat. What was Donghae even thinking of him now? 

 

As if he was able to read his thoughts, Kyuhyun said “Maybe he did it on purpose.”

“What do you mean?” Hyukjae questioned, not quite getting his point.

“I mean, maybe he had the right number all along but simply acted as if he didn’t,” Kyuhyun explained with a smirk. “He knew that you would tell him exactly what he wanted to hear.”

 

Hyukjae thought about it for a few seconds, but then he shook his head. “No, Donghae wouldn’t do something like that.”

“Are you sure?” Kyuhyun questioned. Actually, Hyukjae wasn’t so sure. He didn’t know Donghae that much to know whether he was a sneaky guy or not. But judging from the way he liked to constantly, Hyukjae actually wouldn’t be surprised if Kyuhyun was right about his assumption. It didn’t matter anyway. Just from the way he acted, Donghae would know that he felt weak in his presence.

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter,” Hyukjae then said. “I don’t know where this is going or whether it’s going to work out or not. I decided not to get my hopes up too high or have any expectations. Unlike the other times, I decided to go with the flow.”

“Just don’t worry too much,” Kyuhyun replied. He then checked the time. “Anyway, I gotta go. I’m still meeting up with Sungmin. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

 

Kyuhyun then got up and left. Hyukjae remained seated for a few more minutes until he finished his coffee, and then he decided to leave as well. Outside, he let out a long sigh. Since he didn’t know where to go or what to do, he decided to go back home. Sundays were always so boring and it seemed as if he would spend it on his couch watching television. 

 

It seemed as if Donghae was busy today, because it always took him some time to reply to his text messages. That, however, didn’t bother Hyukjae at all. He was happy that they were  still texting each other. All this time, he had been afraid that Donghae would act different if they ever met, but that wasn’t the case. Hyukjae felt relieved. 

 

He didn’t know where this was going. Even if they only remained friends he would still be happy. But secretly he hoped for it to become more.

 

 

 

The next morning, as Hyukjae was on his way to university, he decided to make a small stop at Royal Café to get a coffee. Monday’s first lecture wasn’t very exciting and a good coffee would  definitely keep him awake.

 

As he then entered, the doorbell signalling his entrance, he frowned as his eyes landed on the queue. He whined. He had to make a decision. Was that coffee really necessary? The answer to the question was easy. He decided to wait. He still had enough time until the start of the first lecture. And plus, the coffee was definitely worth the wait.

 

He looked at the board above the counter and he tried to decide what to order. He decided to take the usual, which was a cappuccino. He wasn’t really fan of strong coffee. Also, he wouldn’t be able to sit still in his seat during the lecture if he drank strong coffee now. Well, at least it would prevent him from falling asleep due to boredom.

 

Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket. As he pulled out the device, a smile formed on his lips as he saw that it was a text message from Donghae. He quickly typed back a reply, but didn’t put his phone away, knowing that it would vibrate in a few seconds anyway.

He was glad that nothing had changed between him and Donghae since their coincidental meeting. Well, it had, but if anything it had gotten better. He felt a lot more at ease when texting him, without having the constant fear of saying something wrong. Usually, it was rather hard for him to text someone he fancied. With Donghae, however, it felt different.

 

And thank God Donghae hadn’t brought up the part of yesterday’s small confession. Hyukjae didn’t want to talk about it. However, for some reason he was sure that Donghae would bring it up once they met up. He would probably enjoy seeing him all flustered. 

 

His phone vibrated again and as he checked, he saw that he had gotten a snap. Or more specifically a video. He frowned. He didn’t know whether to open it or not, after all he was in public. And who knew what Donghae had sent him.

 

His phone vibrated again. It was a text message this time.

 

 

Donghae: Maybe you’re at uni already, but you can open the snap ;-) it has no sound

 

 

Hyukjae opened Snapchat again and he tapped Donghae’s name in order for the video to play. However, he frowned again. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter