=5=

Match Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone :) Hope you enjoy this chapter ^^ don't forget to leave some feedback
And btw, these apps, Tinder and Snapchat, they do exist ^^ just to make it clear as some of you seem not to be familiar with them ^^

Also, a big thank you for the new up-votes :3 I appreciate all your support!

Thanks to: 

OkjikO, baekboner, MJKPOP, sobyrt22, Dustwolf13, heebumdae, DragonArcana,

mychangyo04, unique_unicorn_12397, ddalgi_, kpop_angels, ZeiZei, jewElf_13

Misa-chanlovesyou, Monkeii, kiahae, sapphireblue940421, kimssi, silvermoun

 

“But it’s just coffee.”

 

Hyukjae looked at his friend, shaking his head in disbelief. He sighed with frustration. His friend didn’t seem to get it.

 

Hyukjae had asked him to meet up at the café in the afternoon. Thus, they could discuss the situation about Donghae in person. And it was easier to smack Kyuhyun’s head in case he said something stupid, which he usually did. Also, he felt better about himself, because it meant that he hadn’t really lied to Donghae when he had told him that he didn’t have time. He did have plans with a friend after all.

 

“It’s not just coffee,” Hyukjae clarified, and he sighed. “Grabbing a coffee together involves talking, which I am not capable of whenever I’m facing a gorgeous guy. It’s as if I’m not proficient in the human language.”

“So you are saying I am not gorgeous?” Kyuhyun gasped, pretending to be shocked. He shook his head in disbelief. “After all, you don’t seem to have a problem talking to me. Now I’m offended.”
Kyuhyun wiped away a fake tear.

 

Hyukjae glared at his friend and he kicked him underneath the table. Kyuhyun really used every opportunity to .
“You know what I mean,” Hyukjae said. He sighed again and he took a gulp of his coffee. He had barely managed to message Donghae at the beginning. How was he supposed to form coherent sentences when talking to him? He would only embarrass himself.

 

“So? You knew that sooner or later someone would ask you to meet up,” Kyuhyun said.

“Actually, no,” Hyukjae retorted, and he furrowed his brows. “I didn’t think as far when I installed Tinder. I thought it would end up being a failure, so I didn’t even consider it. It was only supposed to be for fun, but now it got kinda serious.”

Hyukjae was still surprised that he had actually met a nice guy. He hadn’t expected it to happen at all. Especially not after all those weirdos he had come across of at the beginning.

 

“Then meet up with Donghae,” Kyuhyun told him. “I mean, what can go wrong?”

“A lot,” Hyukjae retorted, and he started enumerating different scenarios. “I could trip and spill my coffee on him. Or stutter the whole time like some incompetent idiot. Or we will constantly have awkward silences because we don’t know what to talk about. Anything could happen.”

 

“That’s ridiculous,” Kyuhyun retorted. “Now you’re really exaggerating.”

“Really? Because sometimes I have the feeling I’m stuck in a bad comedy,” Hyukjae told him, and he took a sip form his coffee. “Nothing seems to work out for me.”

“Now it’s going exceptionally well,” Kyuhyun replied, giving him a reassuring smile. “And that’s a good sign.”

“I don’t know,” Hyukjae muttered, and he frowned. “I still feel like it’s too early. I don’t really know much about him.”

“That’s why you should meet up with him,” Kyuhyun replied. “You can’t really get to know each other by simply writing messages. And plus, that way you will also see what he’s like in real life. That experience you can’t get from Tinder either.”

 

Hyukjae sighed. He didn’t know what to do. He really wanted to meet Donghae, but at the same time he felt afraid. He was afraid of messing things up and that Donghae then no longer wanted to deal with him. He was afraid to go a step further.

 

“Send him a snap,” Kyuhyun suddenly said. 

“What? Why?” Hyukjae questioned. His phone was lying on the table, just in case Donghae messaged him.

“Maybe he’s nearby and then he can join you,” Kyuhyun explained.

“No, forget it,” Hyukjae immediately objected, and he shook his head in protest.

 

However, Kyuhyun quickly grabbed his friend’s phone which was on the table, and he decided to take the matter into his own hands.

“Kyuhyun! I said no!” Hyukjae protested, and he tried to get his phone back.

Kyuhyun was holding up the phone, making sure the camera was focusing on Hyukjae.

“Now smile,” he instructed his friend, smirking.

“Kyuhyun, I’m seriously going to kick your !” Hyukjae hissed, and he glared at his friend.

 

“Charming,” Kyuhyun commented, and he put the phone down. Without typing anything, he sent it. “Now he will want to meet you for sure.”

Hyukjae quickly snatched his phone out of Kyuhyun’s hand, but then he frowned.

“Wait, why is the arrow purple and not red as usual?” he questioned, and he looked at his friend.

“Because I sent a video,” Kyuhyun smirked, and he wiggled his eyebrows. Hyukjae buried his face into his hands. Well, . He didn’t want Donghae to see him act that way.

 

“Since when can you send videos on Snapchat?” Hyukjae then inquired, confused.

“Oh, didn’t I tell you?” Kyuhyun asked. “You just have to long press the button and you can record a video up to ten seconds. So you can also send video messages.”

“It seems as if you didn’t explain to me everything in detail and let out a lot of things,” Hyukjae stated, and he narrowed his eyes. “Like the fact that the other person gets notified if you take a screenshot.”

 

“Sometimes you have to find out by yourself,” Kyuhyun said, still smirking. He really seemed to enjoy torturing his friend. “And come on, stop sulking. It’s better to show Donghae how you really are than to behave different, only so that he likes you.”

Hyukjae didn’t comment. 

 

Suddenly, his phone vibrated. He had gotten a message from Donghae. He was frightened to see what he had messaged him.

 

 

Donghae: You seem to have a lot of fun without me :P and you’re just too cute

 

 

“And? What did he say?” Kyuhyun asked, smirking, as he saw that Hyukjae blushed. The latter then showed him the message. “See, I told you. But no, of course you think I am always wrong and only want to embarrass you. You only have to be yourself. Talk to him like you talk to me.”

“I hate it when you’re right,” Hyukjae muttered, and he turned his attention to his phone.

 

 

Hyukjae: You know, it’s not fair…I don’t know what you sound like :P

 

 

Donghae: You’re so demanding ;-) 

 

 

Hyukjae: I don’t like to beat around the bush ;-) video please

 

 

Donghae: Maybe later :P

 

 

“Just look at you, smiling to yourself like that,” Kyuhyun suddenly said. “Seem like this guy really does make you happy. And that’s why you should meet up with him. What if you’re missing out on an opportunity?”

“Keep talking. You’re about to convince me,” Hyukjae told him.

“Just think about it,” Kyuhyun continued. “Now you’re limited. The only way to communicate with him is your phone. Wouldn’t it be nice to grab lunch with him sometime? Have fun with him in real life? And just enjoy being close to him?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter