=3=

Match Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey :D Since you really seem to like this fic, I didn't want to make you wait too long for an update ^^ 

I really can't thank you often enough for all your support! It means a lot to me :) and I wish I could repay you in some way...so I at least try to update fast as a thank you :)

And a big thank you for the new upvotes :) thanks to:

reno1004, MsAnimeFreak159, SilverSea219, SweetBabyRae, DredhezRei

just7smiles, Alantia, SilentOne43, mizuraina, arin06, LEE483, Kyn710

esjeey, heecloud0404, softspotforhae, Candi94, Miiraa, ArayaLucina, d-nghaes

 

“You are seriously obsessed with your phone.”

 

He ignored Kyuhyun’s words. He checked his phone again. Nothing.

 

“You have been paying more attention to it this week than to me in all those years we have known in each. I’m seriously getting jealous.”

 

Since Hyukjae was still ignoring him, Kyuhyun rested his head on his shoulder and he snuggled closer to him. He knew that teasing him would get his attention. It always did. No one was immune to it.

“Hyukkie,” Kyuhyun said, trying to act cute. He gently caressed Hyukjae’s arm.

He then looked up, and told him “Did I ever tell you what a nice jawline you have?”

With his finger he gently touched it, running his finger along it.

 

Hyukjae finally averted his eyes from his phone and he turned his face to look at his friend.

“Will you stop that?” he asked, glaring at him. “That’s even creepier than your weird pick-up lines.” Then he pushed him away. “Now stop bothering me. This is important.”

 

They were currently in class, both of them sitting at the back of the auditorium where no one bothered them. However, instead of paying even the smallest bit of attention to the teacher, Hyukjae was busy with him phone. He was checking his phone every second. Still nothing. It was slowly starting to get frustrating.

 

It had been two days since he had liked that guy named Donghae on Tinder. Those two days he had been basically glued to his phone. However, he still had no new match. He started to lose hope. Hyukjae was aware that everything depended on Donghae’s search preferences. What if he wasn’t looking for guys? And if he was, what if he didn’t want someone younger than him? Or maybe he had simply swiped left.

 

Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his hand and he quickly checked it. However, instead of getting a new match, he had gotten a new message. It was from that one guy called Sungmin, the one who looked too cute to do martial arts. He hadn’t messaged him at all since they had been matched.

 

Kyuhyun, who peeked at Hyukjae’s phone in curiosity, widened his eyes.
“What the hell?” he hissed, and he seemed outraged. “You have a match with him? Why?”

Hyukjae looked at his friend and he shrugged. 

“He still hasn’t liked me back,” Kyuhyun said, shaking his head. “Unbelievable. Open the message. Come on, I want to see.”

 

Hyukjae then opened Sungmin’s Tinder message and he tried hard to suppress a smile.

 

 

Sungmin: You must be the reason for global warming because you’re hot ;-)

 

 

“No, I am hot!” Kyuhyun protested. “Tell him that I am hotter.”

“Apparently he doesn’t think so,” Hyukjae retorted, smirking. “Or else you two would already have a match.”

Kyuhyun scoffed, and said “You stay away from him. He’s mine. You have to concentrate on your guy. Whatever his name is.”

 

“His name is Donghae,” Hyukjae said, smiling. He felt his cheeks heating up as he said his name. It sounded nice.

“Have a picture?” Kyuhyun wanted to know. He still hadn’t seen what he looked like.

Hyukjae nodded and he showed him the screenshot he had taken. He felt himself becoming weak at the sight of him.

 

“Look at those gorgeous eyes,” Hyukjae started fantasising. “And those lips.”

Kyuhyun snatched his phone out of his hand and he took a better look at that guy. He hummed as he eyed him.
“Not bad,” Kyuhyun then said, shrugging. 

“Not bad? Are you blind?” Hyukjae retorted, and he shook his head in disbelief. “He’s gorgeous.”

“Not as gorgeous as my Sungmin. You better un-match him,” Kyuhyun replied.

 

Suddenly, the phone in Kyuhyun’s hand vibrated. Kyuhyun hoisted both eyebrows and he checked the notification.

“You got a new Tinder match,” he stated, and he smirked. “Hmm, it’s some weird guy called Donghae.”

“Stop kidding me. It’s not funny,” Hyukjae said, not believing him.

 

However, as Kyuhyun turned the phone so that he could see, Hyukjae widened his eyes.

 

“Oh my god,” he whispered. He wanted to yell in joy, but the were in class after all.

 

He couldn’t believe it. Donghae had liked him back. He liked him. After two freaking long days, they were finally matched. Unbelievable. 

 

“I’ll message him,” Kyuhyun said all of a sudden.
Hyukjae widened his eyes in horror and he watched as his friend started to type something without his permission.

“Kyuhyun, no!” he protested, and he tried to get hold of his phone. Kyuhyun, however, turned away.

In panic, Hyukjae started to hit his friend’s back, hoping he would hand him the phone over. His punches, however, didn’t seem to affect him at all.

 

“Those two gentleman at the back,” they suddenly heard the teacher say. “If I’m boring you with my lecture, then I’m asking you kindly to continue your bickering outside. I don’t need you to disturb my lesson.”

Everyone in the auditorium turned around to look at them. Feeling embarrassed, Hyukjae sank down in his seat, trying to hide himself. The teacher then continued with his explanation and the students concentrated again.

 

“Here, no need to thank me,” Kyuhyun said with a smirk, and he handed him the phone. “You would never message him. I basically did you a favour.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and he snatched the phone out of his hand. Quickly, he checked what Kyuhyun had written.

 

 

Hyukjae: Hey :) what’s up?

 

 

He felt a sudden relief. Thank God Kyuhyun hadn’t used some stupid pick-up line to embarrass him. If he had, he was sure that Donghae would have un-matched him immediately. 

 

“Oh my god,” Hyukjae muttered as his phone vibrated in his hand. He had gotten a message.

“Come on, open it,” Kyuhyun urged. “I want to see what he replied.”

Hyukjae swallowed his saliva in nervousness and he opened the message.

 

 

Donghae: Hi :) not much, I’m bored to death at the office. What about you? 

 

 

“See, that’s a good sign that he replied so fast,” Kyuhyun told him. “And he wants you to message him, or else he wouldn’t say that he’s bored.”

 

Hyukjae chewed on his bottom lip and he started to type a reply.

 

 

Hyukjae: Trying not to fall asleep during the lecture. University is boring today.

 

 

“Liar,” Kyuhyun said, chuckling. “Why don’t you tell him how desperate you were waiting for him to like you back? And that you neglected your poor friend because of him.”

“Shut up,” Hyukjae said, and he stuck his tongue out at him.

“And that’s how you thank me?” Kyuhyun asked outraged, clearly dramatising. “After everything I’ve done for you?”

“You embarrassed me in front of everyone just a minute ago,” Hyukjae reminded him.

Kyuhyun scoffed and he leaned back in his chair.

 

Hyukjae checked his phone, but Donghae still hadn’t replied. He really needed to be patient. Everything was going rather well, he had no reason to complain anymore. He had gotten a second chance to like him after he had messed up, and now they had a match. He wasn’t so unlucky after all. There was still hope for him.

 

A few minutes later, the teacher ended his lecture and both, Hyukjae and Kyuhyun didn’t waste any time to leave the auditorium. It was finally time to go home. Outside the building, Hyukjae bid his friend goodbye.

“If something interesting happens, message me,” Kyuhyun told him. “We’re going to see each other tomorrow anyway.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter