Chapter Seven

My Life, I Owe You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

RED: JONG

BLUE: MINZY

NORMAL: OTHERS

 

____

Jongin held her, not caring for those around him. Mingkki stood there letting him have his moment, she also missed him, but it was not easy for her to express her feelings so easily.

Jongin slowly let go but made sure to keep hold of her by holding her hand tightly. “Where have you been? I missed you so much. And what are you doing here...” Jongin questioned her while also wondering why she was here, thinking that maybe she was from a wealthy family.

Mingkki smiled at Jongin seeing him so flustered “I’ve been at home Jongin” she giggled “and I’m here with Jiyong Oppa” she continued, Jongin raised a brow with a little smirk towards her first sentence “how long have you been here?” he asked, ”Are you staying for good? And Jiyong Oppa!?” Jongin growled while gently caressing her hand and hearing her call someone else Oppa slightly pissed him off. Mingkki stared into his eyes, “I don’t have any plans right now, so I’m staying for now and yes Jiyong Oppa” she told him. Jongin tightened his hold on her hand, happy to know she wasn’t going anywhere, which meant she won’t be running away from him anymore. Jongin pulled her closer to him while glaring at her, Mingkki just stared back at him, “Jiyong Oppa?!” Jongin told her, Mingkki nodded, she knew he didn’t like it but there’s nothing she could do to change that. “Argh I can’t stand it when you call someone else Oppa” Jongin stated in anger, Mingkki softly chuckled at his reaction. “So you came with him huh?!” Jongin scoffed at the thought, “ yeah I did” Mingkki nodded, “why did he leave you by yourself!?” He groaned, “I told him to go as I know he would be busy for a bit and he said he’ll come get me once he’s done” Mingkki told him, Jongin looked mad at the thought of another man looking after his baby.  “I only came for the food and drinks. I had no idea you would be here” Mingkki tilted her head, then remembered he was from a wealthy family. Jongin stared at her “I had no idea YOU or your friend would be here” Jongin said as he purposely didn’t mention Jiyongs name, Mingkki laughed.

Jongin stared at her his heart pounding in his chest, he had his arms around her waist, “It’s so good to see you Minzy” Jongin softly said while caressing her body, Mingkki stared at him, Jongin leaned into her ear “You look very beautiful Mingkki” he whispered, making her smile and go all shy in front of him, which made Jongin softly smile at her reaction.

“Yah!” Jiyong slightly yelled at Jongin while pulling Mingkki away from him and into his arms, Jongin had his arms reaching out for her as she was suddenly pulled away from him. Jongin glared at Jiyong, “do you know what you’re doing? Especially where you’re doing it!!?” Jiyong hissed at him, “and you Mingkki!?” He scolded her, then leaned into her ear “You should be more careful Mingkki” Jiyong whispered, Jongin glared at him for whispering to Minzy, “you don’t know who could be here” he added, Mingkki was a little confused but when she thought about it… she knew what he was talking about as she really wouldn’t know what to do if they appeared, she wasn’t scared or anything, she just couldn’t stand to see them at all.

Jongin saw Minzy become scared and wondered why, so he grabbed Minzy arm and stood in front of Jiyong with Minzy in the middle of them. “What’s going on here?” Jongin questioned them, Jiyong glared at him, “I know what I’m doing Jiyong, and I don’t care what people think okay” Jongin told him, Jiyong squinted his eyes at him while he let out a sigh. Minzy then looked up at Jiyong, “oppa?” Minzy called Jiyong, making Jongin mentally growl. “If you’re so worried about me, then why did you bring me HERE of all places?” Minzy questioned with a cold stare, making Jiyong flinch as he never really thought about it until he saw both Minzy and Jongin together. “Mingkki, I’m sorry” Jiyong apologised as he looked sadly upon her, “I didn’t realise it until just now” he told her, Mingkki sighed. “What’s wrong? Are you alright?” Jongin worriedly asked Minzy. “Nothings wrong Jongin” Minzy softly smiled at him, “I think we should leave then” Jiyong told her, Minzy nodded as this would probably be the last time she would ever attend an event like this again.

Jongin fully grabbed hold of her, “where are you going? Are you leaving again!?” Jongin sadly looked upon Minzy, “yes I’m leaving Jongin, I’m going to go home now” she told him, Jongin was breathing heavily as he didn’t know if he would see her again “I’m coming with you” Jongin told her, Mingkki arches a brow wondering if he would really leave, “you can’t come Jongin” Jiyong told him, Jongin glared at him, “it’s your dads birthday” Jiyong added, Jongin gasped as he had forgotten already, Minzy stared at Jongin “this is your dads birthday party?” She questioned, Jongin nodded but Mingkki sighed now realising that Jongin was a lot closer to her sister and him than she thought, Minzy then looked back at Jiyong nervously. “I’m sorry Jongin but I need to go” Minzy softly told him, hoping he wouldn’t be upset, Jongin looked sad, “why? You can’t stay with me?” Jongin said “just because Jongin and...” Minzy said while leaning in to his ear “and of course I want to stay with you Jongin” Minzy said with a smile, which made Jongin happily smile at her, as they stared at each other. Jiyong rolled his eyes at them, “the old man wants to see you before you leave though Mingkki” Jiyong told Minzy, she nodded.

“You guys going now?” Jongin asked, Jiyong tried to pull Minzy away from him as they were getting too much attention, but she wouldn’t budge, “Mingkki” Jiyong scolded her, Jongin glared at him about to grab Minzy again but Minzy stopped him, which upset Jongin. “Jongin” she softly called him, “Please, not in front of so many people” Minzy worriedly asked him, knowing it could upset him more.  Jongin frowned at her request, “How is this any different than before?” Jongin asked with an annoyed tone, “I’m asking you to keep it on the down low Jongin” Minzy asked seeing how stubborn he is, “Maybe I don’t want to” Jongin hissed at her, with his childish behaviour, so Minzy grabbed him by the collar with one hand and pulled him in closer to her “You better do as your told and stop acting like a child Kim Jongin” Mingkki finally demanded, Jongin stared down at her “Don’t ever call me a child, Mingkki” he growled “You know I don’t like it” he glared at her, Mingkki smiled at him as she took a step back, making Jongin frown. “Just don’t do it in front of these people” Jiyong told Jongin, as these people meant the business people which they all knew. Jongin sadly sighed “I don’t know why you guys are acting like this but fine” he gave into them, now no longer caring if Jiyong was there or that he could hear him “but Mingkki, don’t ever push me away or keep a distance with me” Jongin demanded as he stepped right in front of her, making Mingkki gulp at how bold and y he was being right now. Jiyong pulled Mingkki away from “yah! You wanna die!?” Jiyong scolded Jongin who was getting too close to Minzy as Jongin was glaring and getting annoyed at Jiyong. Jiyong then ushered Minzy towards his old man as they were on their way out, Jongin followed them while walking right beside Minzy “I want to see you after” Jongin told her, Mingkki smiled softly at him, “Mmmm” she hummed “then I’ll see you after” She told him, Jongin held her hand caressing her, “Call me when you’re done then okay” Mingkki confirmed with him, as he was so happy right now “yes I will” Jongin happily said.

As they finally arrived to Jiyongs old man who was also with Jongins old man, Minzy had forced her way out of Jongins hold, knowing Jongin wasn’t gonna let go even in front of his old man, Jongin frowned at Minzy, which Minzy could only smile at him.

“Mingkki” Jiyongs old man called her wanting a hug, Mingkki shook her head at him, Jiyong laughed at him earning him a glare from his father. “Why?” The old man asked while pouting, “father, act your age” Jiyong told him, “not here” she hissed at him as they were really close “awww” he pouted even more, Mingkki sighed and went in to hug him anyway “you’re such a baby father” Jiyong scoffed, Jongin couldn’t help it when he quickly pulled Mingkki away from him, he could not stand how he wasn’t able to do whatever he wanted to Mingkki yet others could.

They all stared at him “Kai” President Kim his father called him, Jongin stared at all of them then at Mingkki “That’s not fair Mingkki” he whispered to her, “I’m sorry Jongin” Mingkki sadly said to him as she didn’t mean for any of this, Jongin was obviously upset but understood why they were being like this as he was part of this birthday event. “No, I’m sorry Mingkki” Jongin smiled sadly as he slowly let go of her “I understand” he told her, “but... just you wait” Jongin smirked ily at her as she stared into his eyes; they were having a moment and didn’t care for anything or anyone. “Kai” his father snapped him out of it, which Jongin growled at the interruption “Yes” Jongin said with a little attitude which no one caught onto except for Mingkki and Jiyong, “is this beautiful lady Minzy?” He asked, where Jongin nodded with a smile “yes she is” Jongin said agreeing to how beautiful she is, as Minzy politely bowed towards President Kim. “you know our Mingkki?” Jiyongs father asked with Jiyong himself looking surprised, “yes, This is the young lady that saved my life” he told them, “that’s our girl” Jiyongs father said as they smiled at her.

“Father we have to go now” Jiyong told them, they frowned as Mingkki was going to leave now, “if you have to then” the old man said.

Jongin walked up to his father “father can I leave early” he asked “why” he wondered, “just please father” Jongin pleaded, his father saw how desperate he was and just nodded, “yes!” Jongin quietly said to himself, as he looked back to see Mingkki and Jiyong waiting for him, the old men went off and had a chat amongst themselves leaving them. “I’ll take you home” Jongin told Mingkki with a big smile. “You got permission huh” Jiyong scoffed seeing how desperate he wanted to see Mingkki alone, Jongin just innocently shrugged at him, “Then I’ll leave her with you” Jiyong told him as he needed to stay anyway, Jiyong didn’t trust him just yet but he knew Mingkki trusted him, so he knew she would be alright with him. “Of course” Jongin softly said as he was staring at Mingkki, “You better look after her” Jiyong whispered into his ears, “With my life” Jongin seriously told him, Jiyong realised just how serious Jongin was about Mingkki just from that one sentence, Jiyong nodded at him.

“President Kim” someone called for him, Jiyong immediately pulled Mingkki behind him, as Mingkki and Jongin were only focused on each other. Jongin frowned at Jiyong and noticed how serious he was right now, wondering why he was acting like this at the moment. Mingkki was a little confused but once she realised why she stayed hidden.

“Lee Taemin” Jongins father called the person, “Happy Birthday sir, and thank you for the invite” Taemin said, which got Mingkki nervous as Jiyong and even Jiyongs father tried to keep her hidden, as they knew her background entirely but never mentioned anything about it to anyone. “That’s so nice of you Taemin” president Kim said, Jongin on the side still wondering why those 3 were acting like they were, “President Kwon. Jiyong Hyung” Taemin greeted them as they knew each other but never got along after what happened yet they still had to act formal when they saw each other “Lee Taemin” Jiyong and his father greeted. Mingkki just stood behind him not out of fear she just didn’t want to see his face. The old men went and did there own thing leaving the young’s ones to themselves.

“Kai” Taemin happily greeted, as Jiyong looked at Jongin with a frown and Mingkki now staring up at him coldly. Jongin saw from the corner of his eyes how they were coldly staring at him and wondered what he did to earn that reaction. “Taemin” Jongin called him as they went in for a bro hug, Mingkki was shocked as her heart was pounding at the thought that Jongin knew him, “You guys know each other...” Jiyong asked Jongin, as he nodded, Jiyong had a worried face while Mingkkis eyes were even colder as she stared towards the ground, making Jongin flinch. Jiyong wanted to get Mingkki out of there first, “I need to go to the bathroom” Jiyong told them as they nodded and continued talking amongst themselves and glared at Taemin then Jongin as he sadly frowned wondering why ‘What did I do??’ Jongin thought feeling confused. Jiyong turned to have Mingkki right in front of him so Taemin couldn’t see her at all and didn’t even think Mingkki would be there at all. They walked off until... “wait where are you guys going?” Jongin questioned them as Jiyong took Minzy with him as well. Taemin looked at them confused as Jongin said “you guys” yet he only saw Jiyong... then he looked down to see a dress and heels. Jiyong glared back at Jongin for stopping them, Taemin was now curious as to who the girl Jiyong was trying to hide and then his heart started pounding in his chest and his breathing became heavy at the thought that she might be Mingkki.

Jiyong saw Taemins reaction, Jiyong just turned to leave without saying anything, pushing Mingkki with him as she was following and waiting for the right moment to leave.

“Wait Minzy!” Jongin called for her cause they were leaving without him, Jiyong and Minzy literally facepalmed but they couldn’t blame him as he knew nothing, all they could do was glare at him...

Jongin sadly pouted at Minzy for what they were doing to him, Minzy could only smile and sigh at him. “...Mingkki...?” Taemin softly called her name, Jiyong stayed in front of her not moving, Jongin was now really confused as Taemin called his Minzy so intimately a name only Jiyong has called her. “Is that really you?” Taemin wondered taking steps towards Jiyong, as Jiyong and Mingkki would take steps back as Taemin got closer. Jongin was frowning deeply he had no idea what was going on right now and he didn’t like it one bit.

“Do you guys know each other!?” Jongin questioned Taemin and Mingkki yet he was completely ignored by Taemin, while Mingkki just stared at him she felt sad and frustrated and could see Jongin was extremely upset. Mingkki wanted to just grab him and leave the place as she no longer wanted to be there. “...Sorry... Hyung” Taemin said to Jiyong as he pushed him out of the way now seeing the girl he had longed to see in such a long time, he was so shocked as he looked as if he was about to cry, Mingkki did not look at him and only stared at Jongin as he intensely stared back at her with so much frustration, confusion and anger. “Mingkki? It’s you right Mingkki?” Taemin longingly called for her about to reach out and touch her, Jiyong watching as he did not know what to do especially when he looked at Jongin who was fuming. Mingkki grab Jongins hand and ran towards the exit, making sure to let Jiyong know that she was leaving as he just waved goodbye. Jongin followed Mingkki but was still filled with mixed emotions... he needed answers now. While Taemin gasped seeing Mingkki grab Jongins hand and leave, now wondering how they knew each other and what was going on between them for Mingkki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter