Chapter Two

My Life, I Owe You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I would have updated this days ago, but I got sick and wasn't on my computer for days. Sorry, but here you go :)

______

Key Notes:

RED: JONG

BLUE: MINZY

NORMAL: OTHERS

AUTHOR

Then the next day, Minzy woke up from a very good sleep, to see Tablo and Mithra in the room, but this time there were three other people with them, and also Minzy was one to get cranky when she woke up to the light shining in on her, any light. Minzy covered her face with the blanket, not because of them but because of the light, ‘Sorry’ Tablo apologised for waking her, she pulled the blanket down, looking at them, and shaking her head at them, she didn’t dislike their entrance at all. ‘This is Hye Jung, my wife, and Haru, my daughter’ Tablo introduced them, with Haru in Hye Jungs arms, she was still a baby, Minzy just looked at them, wondering why he was introducing them to her, ‘And this is my wife Dahyun’ Mithra told her.

Minzy just stared blankly at them, ‘That’s… nice’ she mumbled, not at all welcoming they laughed at her finding her kind of cute, ‘We’ve been talking’ Tablo started, she listened, ‘Can I talk to her alone first?’ Tablo asked them, they nodded agreeing with him, as they left the room. ‘You don’t have anywhere to go right?’ he asked her, she frowned at him, she had her apartment but she didn’t want to go there, not by herself, ‘I mean, you don’t have anyone to go to’ he stated, which hit her hard, she had no one, making her laugh at her misfortune. ‘What I’m trying to say is…’ he told her ignoring her sarcastic behaviour, ‘We want you to come and stay with us, until you are ready to walk on your own again’ he continued, he said it with such sincerity that Minzy wanted to cry. To have someone treat her with such a heart-warming offer after losing everything, hit the depths of her heart so hard, tears actually started falling from her eyes, memories flooded her mind again, as she began to cry her heart out, for the first time since her harabojis death.

Tablo was flustered that she was crying all of a sudden, the head strong girl that wouldn’t back down, finally let it all go, he stood up and went to hug her, wrapping his arms around her fragile body, gently rubbing her head and back to calm her, ‘It’s okay, let it out’ he told her, ‘I’m here, we’re here for you’ he sincerely told her, ‘We won’t leave you alone, not like them’ he truthfully said to her. Minzy was crying her eyes out, grateful to hear such words from them, when they hardly even knew each other, but still she felt like she could trust him and his words, Minzy wrapped her arms around him like a child, a scared child who did not want to lose anything or anyone, not anymore, she was slightly scared for what may come, but this was the only chance she would get, to be able to get help, to lift her up and walk on her own again.

Tablo waited for her, as her cries went quiet after a while, ‘You don’t even know me’ she mumbled, still not letting him go, ‘I know you enough, and if you come with us, we will get to know each other even more’ he told her, ‘But I have an apartment’ she told him, meaning she had somewhere to go. ‘I don’t want to hear your excuses’ he told her, ‘You are coming with us, whether you like it or not’ he continued, ‘we will sort something out with your apartment. I know you don’t want to sell it, since your grandfather gave it to you’ he said, she nodded, ‘We also found out about his service and burial dates’ he smiled down at her, as he watched her look up at him. ‘Really?’ she asked with such a childlike face, he nodded, ‘Thank you, thank you’ she mumbled hugging him again, then nodded her head at him, ‘Please look after me’ she softly told him, tightening her grip on him, finally putting her trust in him, the last person she would ever trust again, she was scared but she had to.

Tablo could feel the fear in her hold, that she was scared to trust anyone again, so he needed to assure her that he and his family won’t ever betray her, ‘I promise you, I won’t ever take your trust for granted, I will not take you for granted’ he told her, ‘From this day on, you are my Minzy, okay’ he strictly told her, she nodded while tears were filling up those beautiful eyes of hers. ‘You are the only person I can trust right now, and you will be the last’ she told him, ‘Because I have no one’ she said with a shaky voice, ‘You have me, you have us’ Tablo stated, ‘Remember that’ he told her, like a father would, ‘Mmm’ she hummed, while hugging him tightly.

Later that day, Tablo had talked to the doctors, and they agreed that she was allowed to leave, if she was taken care by him, because they trusted him, everyone knew of him that’s why.

They were leaving, as she had properly met all of them again, apologising for her rude behaviour, which they didn’t mind. As they were walking out, that guy from yesterday had saw her leaving her room, since he was also leaving, thinking that this may be the last time they would see each other, he used up all his courage and called her name. ‘Minzy!’ he called her, making them all look back at him, seeing him shyly scratch the back of his neck, ‘You know him?’ Tablo asked, she shook her head because she didn’t, she had only seen him a couple of times, ‘I’ve only seen him around the hospital’ she told him, ‘Maybe he likes you’ Hye Jung commented, as the ladies giggled about it, making Minzy look at her coldly, Hye Jung chuckle, they had got extremely close in just a matter of moments, ‘I was kidding… but maybe he does’ she added, they were all comfortable with each other already, like family.

‘Maybe… but I could care less’ Minzy coldly stated, as they looked upon her sadly, she was still afraid and they saw that, she turned away from the guy who was staring at her, with his mates and family. Tablo and them, looked at the guy and his family, to see his expression sadly drop and sulk, seeing that he wanted her attention, Tablo and the rest of them followed after Minzy, while Hye Jung and Dahyun stayed back. ‘Hey’ Hye Jung called out, like a shameless mother, but Minzy was in the front to even notice anything, the guy looked up with a smile ‘Take care’ she told the guy, as his face lit up, happy that at least someone from her side noticed him. He nodded happily, ‘What’s your name?’ Dahyun asked, the both of them were shameless, ‘Jongin. Kim Jongin!’ he told them, ‘We will tell her’ they both told him, ‘Please!’ he yelled back to them, as the two shameless woman ran back to the rest of the group.

‘You like her?’ one of his mates asked, ‘I… don’t know’ he said unsure if this feeling was just temporary or more than that, ‘but there is something about her’ he stated, as he smiled at her retreating back, ‘And I’ll find out, her especially’ he told himself.

‘That’s if you see her again’ they told him, which made him go blank because they were right, what if they never meet again…

____

At Tablos apartment…

They showed her around, her room and everything, she put her stuff in the corner, and sat on the bed, things weren’t easy to do now, she wasn’t ready to move on just yet and she needed to make sure her harabojis burial and everything went okay, for her to move on properly. Tablo and Hye Jung watched over her, sitting on her bed, ‘We need to talk to her, get her to open up more’ Hye Jung suggested, ‘Tomorrow’ Tablo answered, ‘Just give her some time to settle in first’ he told her, as she agreed.

Late at night, Minzy couldn’t sleep since she had slept in the day, she went to the kitchen to make her a hot milk with milo, Tablo had walked in on her, smiling at her, ‘Can’t sleep?’ he asked her, she nodded her head at him. ‘Me too’ he told her, she became a little uncomfortable not knowing what to do or say with him, because they didn’t know each other much. Tablo sensed her behaviour, he made him a drink too, ‘How about we talk? Get to know each other better?’ Tablo suggested to her, she smiled with nod.

‘So what do you do?’ Tablo asked first, ‘I’m in uni, a second year medical student’ she told him, then laughed when she saw the shocked expression on his face with his mouth hung open, ‘Whaatt!?’ he questioned, ‘Aren’t you 18?’ he asked, she nodded, ‘Just turned 18’ she stated, ‘How is that possible? Your that smart?’ he said, ‘You could say that’ she told him. Tablo grinned, ‘Well I went to Harvard university in America’ he boasted about himself, she chuckled at him, ‘I’m serious’ he told her, ‘I know’ she said, she was never one to put someone down, but if they were lying she would be able to see it.

Tablo straightened up looking at her weirdly, ‘So you graduated high school at 16’ he said, she nodded, ‘That’s amazing’ he stated, ‘And what are you going to do now?’ he asked her, ‘Continue it of course’ she told him the obvious, ‘Haraboji told me to follow my dreams, and I will do just that’ she said, ‘A doctor?’ he asked, ‘Yes a doctor, and even more’ she stated with a smile, ‘I want to help others, people who aren’t able to afford the help they need’ she said, ‘I want to travel the world while helping others, as well as learn many more things from the world’ she told him. Tablo couldn’t help the big smile he had on his face, to see such a young girl dream big, especially her, who he thought would hate everything, hate the world, specifically people, but here she is moving forward, slowly that is.

Tablo felt like a proud father, seeing her go through so much, he wanted to be there for her from now on, and that he was planning.

They talked more, getting to know a lot more about each other, how Tablo and Hye Jung met, their struggles, pretty much everything about both of their lives, from the tiniest thing to the biggest, because the two of them, just felt comfortable with each other, like brothers and sister, yet a father and daughter, like best friends.

****

Tablo had decided that they would move overseas, wanting Minzy to attend a more prestigious university, because she was worth more than the one she was going to, Minzy herself became more precious than anything to both Tablo and Hye Jung. They both agreed to the decision, happy about it, to take the family overseas, and have a big sister for Haru.

But before they told her, they wanted to go through the process of the burial.

Day of the Service and Burial

Hye Jung thought it would be good if only Tablo went with her, when Minzy actually wanted all of them to go with her, ‘No, you guys go’ Hye Jung told them, ‘It’s better this way, I don’t want us to get in the way of anything’ she said, they were sad she decided to stay home, but agreed with her anyway.

They stood outside, watching as people were entering the church, Minzy didn’t want to go in at the same time as everyone, she didn’t want people knowing she was there at all, so they waited for it to get quiet, and then go in from the back, and to the upstairs seats, where no one would be.

Minzy watched from afar, seeing Naeun and Taemin standing at the entrance welcoming everyone, with a sad expression, she knew they weren’t sad about it, that they were actually happy, her stare turned into a glare, a deadly glare. That Tablo had to interrupt her, because he could see and feel such a deadly aura coming from her, ‘Minzy’ Tablo worriedly called her, she looked at him, ‘Sorry’ she apologised, he shook his head softly at her, ‘it’s okay’ he told her.

Everyone was now inside the church, Minzy led the way, as they both ended up upstairs without anyone noticing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter