Chapter Four

My Life, I Owe You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

RED: JONG

BLUE: MINZY

NORMAL: OTHERS

AUTHOR

Minzy stopped to stare at him, to actually hear this bad rebellious rich boy, stutter like a child, actually made her stop, as he caught her attention, when nothing ever catches her attention. Minzy smirked, then walked off again, Jongin smiled at her, he liked it when she smirked at him like that, yet didn’t like it when she turns away from him either. Jongin ran up to her, grabbing her by the wrist, and pushing her against the wall, but had let go of her wrist and placed his hands on the wall, behind her, as she had her back to the wall, Minzy clicked her tongue at him, ‘What do you think you’re doing?’ she hissed at him, ‘Watch your mouth Minzy, I am older than you’ Jongin told her off, she scoffed at him, ‘Do you think I care’ she coldly told him, making him frown at her. Jongin growled at her, she really was cold hearted and blunt with her words, ‘Number!’ Jongin whispered loudly to her, she just stared at him, pretending like she didn’t hear him. ‘Phone number! Give me your phone number!’ he demandingly told her, she arched a brow at him, ‘No’ she answered him, he frowned, ‘Why!?’ he asked, now she coldly looked at him, letting out a deep breathe.

Minzy pushed his arms away, making him stumble a little, and she was no longer trapped in between his arms, ‘Stop already, you’re getting annoying’ she coldly said, walking off, ‘Minzy’ Jongin whined walking after her, ‘Please’ he begged her, as he grabbed her hand again, making her turn to look at him. Minzy sighed, ‘Why?’ she questioned his motives, wanting to know the reasons behind him wanting her number, Jongin gulped, ‘B-Because’ he stuttered again, Minzy looking at him, waiting for an answer, but Jongin became hesitant.

‘Just tell me already’ Minzy hissed, ‘I want to get to know you’ Jongin answered, ‘I want to have something, that connects me to you’ he told her, she stared at him, he bit his lip, ‘I like you’ he confessed, ‘I’ve liked you since I first saw you’ he told her with a smile. ‘...But you wouldn’t remember that’ Jongin told her, ‘So… you’re basically saying its-‘ Minzy was about to say the rest, but Jongin finished her sentence off for her, ‘yes, it was love at first sight’ Jongin truthfully told her.

‘I fell for you right then and there’ Jongin boldly told her, not embarrassed by it, well outside he wasn’t but inside he was, his heart was going crazy, the butterflies weren’t helping at all, especially that faint blush on his cheeks. Minzy saw him blushing, when no one else could, staring at him for a while, she thought about it for a while, as they just stood there, Jongin waiting, seeing that she was thinking. Minzy wondered, would everything be alright if she really did give him her number, or would it turn against her in the future… and she didn’t want to give him even a little chance of thinking that he could get her. Yet… for Minzy to even think of giving her number or not, made her realise that she had already given him a chance, because normally she wouldn’t even think of giving anyone her number, she would straight out decline and decline, even when they start asking numerous times after that.

Minzy sighed, Jongin smiled, seeing that she had made her decision, ‘Fine’ she stated, Jongin took a deep breathe, actually surprised that she gave in, he jumped a little, ‘yess!’ he slightly yelled, Minzy stared at him. ‘Why so excited? It’s only a number’ Minzy told him, Jongins mouth dropped, seeing that she really was un-affected by him, ‘It’s not only a number Minzy. It’s your number’ Jongin said, ‘And I’m getting it, which means I can ring you or message you whenever I want’ he excitedly told her, while clasping both of her hands together with his. ‘But that doesn’t mean, I’ll answer it or message you back’ she bluntly told him, now Jongin blankly looked at her, ‘You really are cold’ he stated, she smirked not caring, ‘Why you gotta ruin my fun like that, Huh’ he clicked his tongue at her, she shrugged.

‘Now give it to me’ Jongin ordered her to give her number already, she squinted her eyes at him, ‘Please’ he politely finished, Minzy told him, he put it in his phone, then quickly rang it, she grabbed her phone out of her pocket, because it started ringing. Minzy looked at him, ‘Just to make sure’ Jongin smiled, ‘And that’s my number’ he told her, she put it back, ‘Aren’t you going to put my name under it?’ he asked her, ‘Later’ she told him, ‘I’m busy’ she said, now walking off, so she could get to work.

Jongin watched her as she walked off, tightly gripping onto his phone, which had her number in it, he was happy because she was the first girl he has ever felt like this towards, she was the first girl, to make him feel so addicted to her, so happy and breathless just looking at her.

Minzy was the one he fell in love at first sight with, Minzy was his, well… that’s what he thought.

****

‘Doctor, he keeps following you’ the nurses told her, as a couple of hours had went by, she sighed, ‘Ignore him’ she said, ‘It’s hard though’ they smiled, ‘because he is so good looking and so hot’ they giggled while giving him little waves. Because Jongin was staring at her the entire time, he didn’t give them any attention, just looking at Minzy, he had approached many times before, but wouldn’t get a word out of her. Then he tried it again, as he walked up to them, the nurses squealing, ‘You don’t seem busy now’ Jongin smiled at her, as he stood beside her leaning in towards her, ‘Go away’ Minzy hissed at him, he shook his head at her, ‘Why?’ he questioned.

They were standing at the front reception desk of the main ward, she was there to check up on some other patients that needed urgent assistance, ‘When is he leaving?’ Minzy asked the receptionists. ‘Uhh, Kim Jong In. He was ready to leave today, but has postponed it, to leave when he is ready’ they told her, she frowned at the information, ‘…is what it says here’ they added, ‘Who?’ Minzy asked them, wanting to know who wrote it, because when you are clear to leave, you need to leave, but if said otherwise, only a doctor of seniority, can over write it. ‘Minzy, stop’ Jongin told her, not wanting her to go any further into the issue, she coldly looked at him, not pleased with such actions of using his status to change things to the way he wants.

Minzy looked back at the nurse, wanting an answer, ‘Dr Kim’ he obediently answered, Minzy frowned, her eyes twitching, remembering this Dr Kim, he was a very respected doctor in the industry and also happened to be from South Korea and now living in LA. Then something clicked in her head, staring back at Jongin, who looked quite guilty, ‘Who?’ Minzy questioned him now, knowing there was some sort of connection between the two of them. Jongin bit his lip, avoiding her eyes, as they stared intensely at him, ’Who!?’ Minzy hissed with an intense cold tone, that made Jongin shiver at the sound of her voice, ‘U-uncle’ he timidly stuttered, finally answering her.

Minzy scoffed at such under handed methods of trying to get close to her, which slightly turned her off, she stared at him blankly, then clicked her tongue, turning away from him, ‘Minzy’ he softly called her. But Minzy didn’t stop, she kept walking, not turning back at all, Jongin silently whimpered, face palming himself then rubbing his eyes, ‘’ he whispered to himself, looking back at her, seeing her turn a corner, he ran after her.

Jongin stayed back, still following her, from a distance, because he could see, Minzy did not like under handed methods, which made him feel so low about himself. She was ignoring him, no matter how close he would get, even when he tried to make a conversation with the nurses around her, to get her attention. Side glancing him in annoyance because he kept interfering with her work, she grabbed him by the collar dragging him away from everyone, and they all turned a blind eye to it.

‘Go away’ she coldly told him, he gulped at her irritated tone towards him, ‘I’m sorry’ Jongin apologised, Minzy smirked, ‘Why?’ she questioned him, because she didn’t want to hear anything from him, yes she didn’t like how he used his family connections. But that didn’t mean anything to her, it was the fact that he was bothering her at work, when it came to work she was serious, she didn’t like interference, unless it was something really, really important to her. And Jongin wasn’t anything to her, he was just a bother, an annoyance, a waste of her time, ‘b-because-‘ he said, not sure how to explain himself, but was stopped by Minzy. ‘Enough’ she cut him off, ‘Just get lost’ she told him, looking at him with a cold stare, Jongin became sad, with her trying to push him away like that, watching her walk away from him. But that wasn’t going to stop him from pursuing her, he just decided to stay further back, on keeping an eye on her, ‘Why is she so cold though?’ Jongin thought to himself, while staring at her intensely, as if trying to find the reason for her cold heartedness, ‘Is she doing it on purpose or is she normally like that?’ he thought about it again. Jongin then sighed, as he couldn’t figure out why, to glance beside him seeing, his so called friends looking at him, ‘The do you guys want?’ he hissed at them, for interrupting his thoughts. 

‘When are you coming to play with us?’ the girl cutely whined at him, for purposely staying in the hospital, ‘yeah dude, you can leave already’ a guy said, ‘So let’s go out and have some fun’ they all cheered. Jongin staring at them, realising just how immature and stupid he was, he clicked his tongue at them. ‘Get lost’ he told them, Jongin was always the one to act like the bad guy, but really he just always said whatever he wanted, he never was one to hide what he wanted to say, he would just straight out tell them, not caring how much it would hurt the other. They glared at him, ‘What?’ they said, ‘Go’ he shooed them away, ‘We came here just for you’ they hissed at him in anger, Jongin stared at them, making them step back, ‘You came here for my money, not for me’ Jongin stated. They all avoided his eyes, because it was true, Jongin had just went along with it for the fun, because he was really stupid then, he didn’t know right from wrong, he was in his mind set of doing whatever he wanted, which was playing around. These friends weren’t his usual close friends from back home, things had happened, that had made him play up like the child he is, nothing bad though, it was just he didn’t want to study or be forced into doing a lot of the things he was asked of.

But after meeting Minzy, he felt and thought differently, he wanted to change for the better, Jongin wanted to be someone of importance towards her... for her, but at the moment, he did the exact opposite, he was now nothing to her. After behaving the way he had, to which he did not want to happen at all, but now he decided to change for himself and especially for Minzy.

____

Minzy was now in her office again, Jongin followed her there, hesitating in front of the door, with a lot of courage, he knocked on her door, ‘Come in’ she said, Jongin slowly opened it, revealing himself. To see Minzy blankly staring at him, she let out a breathe and continued doing her work, Jongin stood in front of her desk, not wanting to sit down, just wanted to get her attention, to get her to look at him at least once. ‘I’m leaving in the morning’ Jongin told her, ‘That’s good’ she said, Jongin growled, running his hand through his hair, he may have decided to change, but that troublesome and bold behaviour of his would always be there.

Jongin walked around her desk, sitting against it, right beside her, ‘Look at me’ Jongin ordered, no response from her, the ends of his lips twitched, ‘Minzy, look at me’ he said once again, with a more rough tone. Desperate for her attention, he wanted something of remembrance, before he left, Jongin placed his fingers under her chin, grabbing it, and forcing her to look up at him, she saw the anger in his eyes, knowing she shouldn’t aggravate him right now. But Minzy was not one to allow people to treat her the way they wanted, as she slapped his hand away, glaring at him, which of course did anger him, he stared at her for a second, surprised at her actions, then scoffed while glancing behind him. To then grab her hand, and harshly pull her closer to him, as he still sat on the table.

‘What do you think you’re doing, huh?’ Jongin questioned her actions, ‘Let go’ she told him, while trying to pull away from his grip, ‘No’ he smirked, ‘ing let go’ she hissed in annoyance. Jongin wouldn’t let up, but wore a smile, happy to see such a side to her, Minzy stood up, coldly looking at him, ‘Who do you think you are?’ Minzy stated, now over his behaviour. ‘Maybe you should listen then’ Jongin played, knowing he was in the wrong to be forcing her to do the things he wanted, thinking that maybe she would just argue with him a little, but instead was completely shocked at what had come next… realising that he really didn’t know anything about her.

Minzy had punched him in the face, knocking him down to the ground, Jongin stared up at her holding his cheek where she had hit him, extremely shocked, he would never have thought something like this would ever happen to him. ‘Don’t touch me’ Minzy slowly told him, staring down at him then clicking her tongue, turning away from him, and walked towards the door, opening it, to look back at him, who had stood up, looking at her in shock, ‘You better be gone, before I get back’ she told him, without looking at him, she left.

Jongin just stood there, still in a daze at what just happened, he gulped, ‘She… she just hit me’ he glared at the door, ‘What the hell just happened!?’ he mumbled to himself, as he started pacing in her office. ‘Ok, yes, I touched her without asking’ he mumbled, ‘then she also touched me without asking…’ he said to himself, ‘so we’re even then’ he nodded. But then he felt upset that she had to hit him, she could have pushed him or something, but to hit him, Jongin again, ran after Minzy, running through the hospital looking for her. Jongin finally found her, as she was about to walk into a patients room, he quickly stopped her, by coming to a halt right in front of her.

Jongin saw the irritation in her eyes, as they pierced into him, especially for stopping her like that, ‘Why?’ Jongin said, Minzy looked at him, wondering what he was going on about, ‘...Did you have to hit me?’ he asked her, with an upset tone, which Minzy noticed. She sighed, ‘You wouldn’t listen, no matter what I said, so that was the only way’ she simply said, Jongin frowned at her, because she was actually right, nothing would stop him from getting his way, ‘But still...’ Jongin pouted. ‘I’m sorry’ Minzy apologised for hitting him, he looked at her, a little surprised at her quick submission to apologise for something he was upset over. ‘But… you can’t always get your way’ Minzy told him, he stared at her, as he began to grin, ‘But I always get my way’ he confidently told her, ‘Not with me’ she stated, pushing him away, and walking into the patients room, Jongin actually smiled and let out a little chuckle, finding her coldness, extremely alluring and addictive. So much, Jongin was going bother and annoy her the entire night, until he leaves.

****

Jongin really did bother her, not caring how cold she would be towards him, he kept his eye on her every movement, even when she was attending patients, who were looking at her with lustful eyes, which made him angry. But otherwise got over it, because she would intentionally block their advances, everyone actually got used to him always by her side or watching from afar, that they started supporting him. While Minzy would only ignore him, even when he always tried to strike up a conversation, Jongin stayed up the entire time, not letting her out of his sight, because she would be gone, by the time he woke up.

Jongin had lost sight of her for a while, looking for her everywhere, ‘Where is she?’ Jongin frantically asked the nurses that were with her, ‘Did you check her office?’ they told him, he realised he didn’t, as he darted off to her office. Softly knocking on it, to get no response, he slowly opened the door, to see Minzy sleeping, her head laid on the table in front of her, and her hands underneath her chin, he smiled as he closed the door behind him. It was 1 and a half more hours until she finished work, Jongin walked towards her, sitting on the table, beside her, staring down at her, happy to see her in such a peaceful state, especially one where she was glaring at him.

Jongin didn’t feel bored at all, just staring at her as she slept, he actually felt content, he slowly started to play with her fingers, while trying not to wake her up. About 5 minutes had went by, Jongin heard a knock as the door opened up slowly, as someone walked in, it was one of the nurses, he didn’t turn right around, just side glanced the nurse, while not moving at all from his position. Jongin didn’t care for others, but he sure didn’t like it when they tried to interrupt him, the nurse was surprised as she became flustered, that Jongin was there beside Minzy, just staring down at her, not even slightly bothered by their presence. Jongin sighed, because the nurse was just standing there while staring at them, he glanced back at the nurse, ‘Is there something you need?’ Jongin asked, ‘ah, uh, yes’ the nurse answered, ‘Doctor is needed’ they said, ‘urgently’ they added, Jongin stared at Minzy, a smile played on his face, as this would be the last time, he would probably see her like this.

As Jongin softly caressed her cheek, ‘Minzy’ he called her, nothing, he leaned in towards her ‘Minzy’ he slowly whispered into her ear, which definitely woke her up. Minzy sat up right away, shivering at the sound of his voice so close to her ear, she knew exactly who it was, she glared up at him, which made him laugh, because a glare is what he always got from her. ‘Move’ Minzy hissed at him, wiping her ear, he smiled at her while standing up, ‘What are you doing in here?’ she asked him, ‘I came to see you, but you were asleep’ he told her, which made her avoid him. Minzy did not like to show her weak side to people, not even when she slept, but Jongin saw, which made her avoid him even more, because he was seeing the many things, she was trying to hide from strangers.

Minzy looked up to see the nurse standing there, ‘What’s wrong?’ she asked the nurse as she stood up, knowing that they would only come in here, when they really need her. ‘A patient urgently needs you’ the nurse said, as Minzy quickly made her way pass Jongin, and out the door, not even giving him a glance. But Jongin just stared at her as she left, a smile on his face and happy that she had entered his life once again.

____

‘Go away’ Minzy said to Jongin, who was following her out of the hospital, ’What are you talking about?’ Jongin said, ‘I’m leaving too’ he smiled at her, as they both were walking together, as well as Jongin purposely following her. Jongin didn’t get any sleep, neither did Minzy, ‘So, where are you staying?’ Jongin boldly asked her, she didn’t answer, he smiled ‘I’ll walk you back then’ he allowed himself, without even asking for her permission. Minzy then stopped, ‘Seriously’ she hissed at him, he just innocently looked at her, ‘What’ he softly asked her, ‘What are you doing?’ she asked him, ‘I’m walking you home’ he told her, ‘I’m not going home’ she played, because she wasn’t going to show her where she was staying.

Jongin clicked his tongue at her, getting a little annoyed with her attitude, ‘Stop playing hard to get’ he told her, making her glare at him, she became furious at his accusations, she scoffed at him, giving him the dead evils, then turned away and left. Jongin chuckled at her, running after her, he reached out for her hand, grabbing it, but Minzy had harshly slapped his hand away, ‘I’ve told you, don’t touch me’ she coldly hissed at him.

Minzy would get mad when one did not listen to her, especially touch her, without her permission, if she knew them and were close with her, then that was fine but strangers or people she hardly even knew, that was a different story. Minzy did have a temper, not as much though, it was only when someone crossed the line with her, while for Jongin, he was one to have a really bad temper, he was a bad boy for a reason, say anything out of line to him, and he would get physical.

Jongin frowned at her, ‘so she really is like this’ he thought, getting more curious about her, ‘Your quite feisty aren’t you’ he , she growled at him, Jongin smiled at her. ‘Please at least let me take you home’ he pleaded with her, ‘So I don’t have to worry about you, walking by yourself’ he sincerely told her. Minzy squinted her eyes at him, still suspicious of him, ‘Please, I promise I won’t go near your door, unless you allow me to’ Jongin told her. Minzy saw that he was genuine about it, and she just couldn’t decline his request, ‘Okay’ she gave in, Minzy was a er when it came to sincere and genuine stuff. ‘Thank you Minzy’ he smiled at her, she didn’t respond and didn’t look at him either, ‘Let’s go’ Jongin said, as they both walked to where she was temporarily staying. ‘Where do you stay?’ Jongin asked, wanting to talk to her, ‘Just up the road here, it’s not that far’ she answered him. ‘That’s good’ he mumbled to himself, then glanced at her, ‘Why are you so cold?’ he bluntly asked her, getting a stare from her but never gave him an answer as she kept walking, ‘Tsk, ignoring me like that’ he said. ‘So, I heard you’re travelling?’ Jongin asked her, she nodded, ‘Where are you off to next?’ he asked, trying to find out her next spot, she side glanced him, ‘I don’t know’ she told him, because she really didn’t know, it would just happen, when she would finish here, she would pick the day she left, where she would go next.

‘What?’ Jongin questioned her, ‘Can you stop avoiding my questions’ he told her, she shrugged, he growled, ‘Then how long do you have left here?’ Jongin asked, Minzy looked at him, ‘Why do you want to know?’ she asked him, he smiled at her. ‘Just curious’ he answered, ‘I don’t know, maybe a couple more days’ she answered him, he nodded, ‘And then what?’ he asked, again trying to get an answer, ‘then probably to another hospital’ she said. ‘How come you travel to all these hospitals?’ Jongin asked, a little more curious as to why she’s doing it, ‘Hmm, just to experience all different situations’ she answered, he nodded, ‘Don’t you get tired of working all the time?’ he said, she stared at him, ‘I have my share of fun, everywhere I go’ she told him.

‘Umm, do you have a boyfriend?’ Jongin asked her, wanting to know at least

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter