Chapter One

My Life, I Owe You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

BLUE: MINZY

NORMAL: OTHERS

AUTHOR

‘Mingkki, help me please~’ her haraboji pleaded with her to help him with the business paperwork, because she could finish everything and anything with such ease, like it was the most naturalist thing to do. Mingkki chuckled while walking over to his desk which was covered with paper, his secretary Ms Lee, standing there looking at him, Mingkki went behind the desk, while he got out of the chair and towards the sofa placed in his office with a big relieved smile. Mingkki took his place, quickly doing everything, as Ms Lee happily watched over her, ready to help her with anything she asked for, glad that everything would get done so fast. ‘I’m so grateful, that you’re his granddaughter’ Ms Lee softly said, as Mingkki smiled at her with a soft laugh, while her haraboji scoffed, ‘Oh yeah ok sure’ he said offended by her comment, but also being playful with them.

In just minutes everything was done, as Ms Lee took care of the rest, Mingkki went to take a seat with her haraboji, ‘Thank you, my Mingkki~’ he cooed, pulling her in for a hug. ‘Anything for you haraboji’ she replied with a smile, ‘How is your sister?’ he asked, because he hadn’t seen her in a while, but neither has she. Mingkki sighed, ‘I’m not sure haraboji, I haven’t seen her in a while’ she told him, ‘I haven’t got a call yet, so hopefully she stays out of trouble’ he sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose. ‘That girl gives me so much trouble’ he said, ‘That’s how most girls are now’ Mingkki said, ‘You guys are only 1 year apart and you’re the younger one here Mingkki’ he told her, she chuckled.

‘Taemin is doing good too, he is a very dependable man’ haraboji told her with a smirk, ‘Of course he is’ Mingkki proudly said, ‘So… is the wedding date planned already?’ he impatiently asked her, she shook her head, ‘Not yet’ she answered, ‘He just proposed to me last week haraboji’ she told him. ‘I know, but I need an heir’ he told her, ‘I know you will be by my side, but you know what I mean’ he said, she nodded, ‘I know’ she smiled. Because she had different plans when it came to her career, but she would always be there to help her haraboji with the company, as he would always be there for her, but if there comes a time when she really has to take over then she would give up everything just for him. Her older sister Naeun was not in the running of taking over the company, she knew nothing about how to run it, since she was always playing around and spending all the money she can. So the only choice for them was for Mingkki to have a baby and give her haraboji an heir.

____

‘How was everything today babe?’ Taemin asked Minzy as they snuggled up in bed, ready to sleep, ‘Fine’ she sleepily answered, falling asleep, but Taemin was thinking of other things, naughty things, as he started placing soft chaste kisses on her neck and shoulders, while he was hugging her from behind. Minzy chuckled, ‘Tae please’ she said, trying to stop him, because she was really sleepy, but he kept going, feeling her up now, ‘I need you. Now’ he told her, turning her around, and going on top of her, she smirked up at him, as he smiled, placing a kiss on her lips, ‘Doesn’t matter if we already did it in the shower, I need you again’ he ily told her, going down on her, she gulped, ready to take in another sleepless night with the needy and Taemin.

****

Minzy woke up and got out of bed, to get washed up, Taemin wasn’t in bed, thinking he must be somewhere, but she just needed to wake up with a shower. She came out and got changed for the day, walking out to see a shirtless Taemin cooking breakfast for them, with music being played, she smiled while walking up behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist, and kissing his back and shoulders and couple times. He placed his hands on hers, ‘Morning babe~’ he cooed, looking at her, as he put his arm around her, to bring her in front of him, wrapping his arms around her and giving her a big morning kiss, ‘Morning~’ she replied. ‘Go wash up’ she told him, ‘After breakfast’ he said, as they both put the food on the table and ate, then he went to get ready while she cleaned up, both leaving for work.

____

Gong Minzy aka Mingkki, she was the youngest granddaughter of Gong Sung, who was the owner and CEO of GS Enterprise, a known business. She was a very loyal and trustworthy person, she knew what she wanted to do, she knew her rights from wrong, she was good in everything, intelligent and smart. Only her grandfather called her Mingkki, she didn’t allow anyone else to call her like that, not even Taemin, it was okay for her sister to call her that, but Naeun didn’t want to.

Then there was her older sister Naeun by a year, she was a person who did whatever she wanted, Minzy did too, but in a calmer manner. Naeun liked to go out every night, shop every day, she wasn’t very smart, but she was a person who didn’t care much about her family, only herself.

And also Lee Taemin, Minzys fiancé, who came from a good background but was not as rich as she was, they were together for each other. He was a good person, he loved her dearly, he wasn’t with her for anything, only for her, until things got out of hand, and out of his control.

____

A week went by, with things getting weird between Minzy and Taemin, as well as her sister, but Minzy was so pure she hadn’t suspected anything from anyone, she didn’t even find Taemins weird behaviour suspicious at all. Minzy was always cautious around Naeun though, they may be sisters by blood, but they were never on good terms, well Naeun wasn’t, she always felt inferior when around Minzy. Because Naeun herself knew Minzy was better than her in every way, and that was the reason she had a bad relationship with her, Naeun always treated Mingkki badly, shunning her, ignoring her, interrupting her and everything, but Minzy would always let it go, because Naeun was her sister. Naeun just couldn’t help to feel the way she did, bad or not, she wanted to feel like she was something, something that was better than her sister Minzy.

And Naeun feeling inferior and having bad feelings towards Mingkki, was the reason Mingkkis life turned upside down. Naeun would do anything to be on top, to make Mingkki kneel before her, to make her feel like nothing… no matter how bad the consequences would be.

Then one day… Haraboji was in an accident, a car crash, a bad one. Mingkki was immediately called up, she rushed there, so did Naeun and Taemin, but Naeun wasn’t as shocked as Mingkki, and she was too worried over haraboji to notice them. But Naeun acted as if they were sad, Taemin beside Mingkki the whole time, she was outside waiting for the results of the operation which could save or kill him. Mingkki didn’t cry, only waited, the doctor then came out to give her the results, that he survived, but was in a critical state, and wasn’t safe to say that he would survive it.

And so… haraboji being alive and conscious, knowing his own state, he quickly got his lawyers, as he was in a private room, Mingkki stayed by his side, Naeun and Taemin would come and go. So it was only Mingkki in the room with haraboji as all the lawyers were seated, ready to hear what he wanted to say, haraboji wanted Mingkki to stay and hear everything he needed to say.

‘I give all my shares and ownership over to my granddaughter Gong Minzy’ he stated, the lawyers nodded writing it down, Mingkki listened carefully to him. ‘I would like Lee Taemin to take over the company, as my granddaughter will be pursuing her own dreams’ he said, while smiling down at Mingkki, who was extremely grateful that he was looking out for her. There was also another clause placed in his will that Mingkki was glad to have heard, and she would make sure it would happen, but no one will know except for their trusty lawyer and Mingkki herself.

That night the unexpected happened, haraboji passed away, his body couldn’t survive the extreme pain. Mingkki was devastated, but they both knew things wouldn’t work out, and that is why they both said their last words to each other.

Mingkki was sitting outside the hospital, completely blank, not knowing how to handle the loneliness of her haraboji leaving her, and now she was to look after the company, even though Taemin would be there, she just couldn’t leave the company and continue with her dream, she would feel guilty for ignoring the family company, so she decided to completely take over, but then she remembered Taemin was taking over, so at least she would feel little pressure. Mingkki completely blocked out everything at the moment, not seeing Taemin and Naeun looking towards her from the entrance of the hospital, having come over after hearing the news of harabojis passing.

Taemin was in pain to see her like that, but even guiltier for what he has been doing behind her back, while Naeun just smirked at Minzys downfall, not at all feeling bad or sympathetic towards Mingkki, she actually felt happy, her emotions were heartless and cold.

____

The next day, even before the burial or reception, she had more bad news, so bad she out after finding out what had happened…

Mingkki was called into an office by the lawyers, with Taemin and Naeun there, she looked at them, but had no feelings at the moment to even wonder why they were both here together. But she did notice the expressions on their faces, Taemin looking guilty as he wouldn’t even look at her, while Naeun looked at her with arrogance, smirking. Mingkki waited for the reason as to why she was here, since they were already told of harabojis will, so again why are they gathered here. Then police officers walked into the office, but they were welcomed in, Mingkki became confused but didn’t show it, because she felt there was something going on that she had no idea of.

‘Gong Minzy, you are being taken in for the suspected murder over Gong Sung…’ They told her, saying the rest of the rights that she needed and everything else, Minzy looked completely disgusted at the fact that she was under suspicion of killing her own grandfather. But for some reason they hadn’t touched her just yet, as the lawyers said that she needed to hear some new conditions.

‘Gong Minzy, you are stripped of all shares and ownership for Gong Sung properties and shares’ They told her, her heart broke from the news, ‘And will be given to Gong Naeun, who is the new owner of GS Enterprise’ they finished. ‘On what terms?’ Minzy coldly stated, ’Fraud and suspected murder’ they told her, ‘Which gives the right to either wait or strip all ownings, due to the harm of the company’s reputation’ they stated. ‘You have no evidence of this accusation, and you are already doing this’ she told them, ‘We’re sorry, its already happened, and it would be too late if we didn’t do it now’ they told her. Minzy was silently fuming at such accusations, she was extremely pissed, and Taemin could see and feel it, he now felt regret and guilt rush through his body.

Minzy looked at Taemin and Naeun, to see Naeun clinging to his arm, Minzy frowned trying to process what was happening right now, looking back at them again, as she was standing before the two. Seeing Taemins guilty eyes, but kept up his poker face, which only she obviously saw through, then Naeun, who alw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter