Chapter Three

My Life, I Owe You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

RED: JONGIN

BLUE: MINZY

NORMAL: OTHERS

AUTHOR

‘Are you okay?’ the guys behind them worriedly asked him, but he could not respond at the moment, he was still shaken up from what had happened, Minzy put her hand up and glared at them, because they kept throwing questions at him. When he was obviously in no position to answer anyone right now, they all shivered at her, they felt scared of her, as they stepped back from them, ‘Sorry’ they apologised, Minzy focused back on him, waiting for him to properly recover. He was now just lying there, staring at her, while Minzy had her hand on his chest, to feel if he was really okay, to see that he was properly breathing, and that there were no side effects of him drowning.

Minzy then patted his chest, as he also got the picture that he was alright now, she stood up, wiping the sand off of her and left without saying a word to him or anyone, while he started coughing at her leaving all of a sudden. Minzy looked down to see him coughing, then looked back at the people who supposedly knew him, to take care of the rest, as they did, sitting him up, to calm him down, but all he was staring at was… Minzy.

‘W-wait’ he stuttered, but could hardly be heard, as his voice had become hoarse, from the amount of salt water entering his system, as well as the alcohol he had consumed before that, which may have been part of the reason he had drowned. Minzy had heard him, looking back at him, she her lips at him, ‘Don’t drink and swim, especially in such rough waters’ she told him, as his eyes went wide at her bold actions towards him. He gulped, and within seconds she had turned her back to him, and left straight away without even leaving her name to them, not even for them to thank her for saving his life.

The guy watched her as she disappeared into the distance, hating how he couldn’t even get up right now to chase after her, and get her name and number, since he was in such a weak state. He was practically half drunk and nearly died due to it, and he was extremely thankful towards her, yet regretted every moment that had passed after she had left, because he may not see her ever again. And he felt this familiar feeling deep inside of him, like he knew her, but he just could not figure out who she was.

____

A couple of days later…

‘Doctor, again it is an honour to have you here tonight’ the nurses and doctors greeted her, as she was in charge of ER [Emergency Room], dressed in her white coat and doctors uniform, ready for the night. ‘Please, enough with the formalities’ she stated, since she had been there for more than a week now, and had gotten to know all of them, ‘But it really is an honour to work for you, especially with you’ they excitedly said, ‘I actually look forward to coming to work’ one happily said, as they all agreed. ‘Well then, stop talking and get to work’ she strictly told them, as they all smiled, happily listening to her, as they all left to do their jobs, Minzy shook her head at them, as they disappeared one by one.

Minzy was put in charge of everything in the emergency room, she had 3 other doctors working with her, well she got lucky tonight though, because the other nights, it was either just her and another doctor for a couple of hours, until the extra help came. Which was a lot harder than you would think, some nights it was quiet and safe, while others were crazy with a lot of troublesome situations, but Minzy was very used to such pressure, it was just the other workers who could not handle the pressure. And so Minzy had to work every bit of them, until they got the hang of everything, and got used to it, which they did, as they themselves found that they were different, and it was all thanks to Minzy, and that is why they were very honoured to have her there.

Hours went by, and it was not even past midnight yet, with a couple of serious patients, but were treated and needed rest, until they could be discharged.

The ER became very noisy, as screams and yelling could be heard, as the paramedics, were bringing in at least 4 patients, the nurses and doctors quickly attended to them, while Minzy was at the back, looking after some paper work. She could hear the noise going on, but knew if they needed her, that they would come and get her, to which they did, as the door slammed open, ‘Dr, please we need you’ one of the nurses said. Minzy put her things down, and immediately went out, the nurse updated her on what was going on, so she would know why they needed her out there, ‘4 patients, all with minor injuries’ the nurse told her. Making her stop in her tracks to look at her, ‘Its just, they are out of control and no one can stop them’ they said, ‘We’ve tried, but nothing’ they told Minzy, making her, sigh and pinch the bridge of her nose, because of an unnecessary situation.

Minzy walked out, to see the commotion going on in the room, with girls and guys in their early 20s, and the patients being 4 guys, who were yelling at each other, the rest being guys and girls trying to calm them down, but were only making it worse. The injured ones, guy 1, 2,3 and 4, just wouldn’t stop screaming amongst each other, Minzy saw that the 4 of them had been in a fight, and that it hadn’t stopped, she looked between all of them. Quite annoyed at the noise of them making useless ruckus, ‘Call the police, now’ Minzy instructed the nurse, as they nodded and did as told. Minzy stepped forward, now in plain view of everyone there, ‘Doctor!’ the nurses and Doctors whined to her, because they couldn’t do anything about them, making trouble in the ER.

____

The four injured ones, still wouldn’t shut up, as everyone else had stopped before her, because her presence was just intimidating, that most of them that were there, gasped at the sight of her, since they had saw her on the beach a couple of days ago. Minzy scanned the room, to see exactly which one was in charge of all these people, to see that most of them were gathered around guy number 1, the guy who perhaps was the leader of them all, following that his line of sight, she looked at the other 2, guy 3 and 4, who only had a couple of people with them. Sensing that guy 1 and 2 were together and guy 3 and 4 were together.

Minzy went towards guy 3 and 4 instead, to block out the other 2 guys voices, since it may have been a 2 on 2 thing, she stood in front of the guy, as he glared up at her for standing in his way, but had stopped, staring at her. As guy 1 had finally stopped too, because Minzy was in the way, he growled at her back, but Minzy was focused on guy 3 who was in front of her, and knew that he was the leader of his pack.

While guy 1 had no idea who she was, since her back was to him, ‘Yah! You , get out the way!’ he cursed, all of his so called friends gasped at his behaviour, but knew that he was originally like this. Minzys colleagues also gasped in shock for what would come next, because she did not like, disorderly behaviour especially people who are rude, even though there are times when she herself acts like this, but only because of people like him. Everyone in front of her could see the coldness within her eyes, she instructed a nurse to look after guy number 3, trying to ignore that guy’s rude behaviour, but it didn’t work as he kept talking in his drunken state.

‘The ! Move, I’m not done with him yet!’ he yelled, Minzy took a deep breathe, now annoyed with his behaviour, as she slowly turned around to look at him, but what he got was a deadly cold glare. And when he saw her face, his eyes went wide, he was so shocked and surprised that he actually stopped breathing, then his face went red, he felt extremely embarrassed about his behaviour towards her. Instantly regretting everything, because she was his life saviour, ‘If you want to disrupt the hospital, you are free to leave’ Minzy coldly told him, staring him down, he gulped feeling a little scared of her, while the nurses went towards her, to stop her from saying anything else.

‘Dr please, this is a hospital, we can’t just tell him to leave’ they told her, ‘People who want to act like troublemakers, then they can leave my ER’ Minzy stated, everyone was silently watching her, not wanting to say a word, that may get the attention of the strict doctor, Minzy. ‘I’m sorry for my behaviour’ the guy apologised, ‘Please forgive me, for acting like that and saying such unrefined words towards you’ he sincerely told her, as he actually had a very polite vocabulary. His friends looked very surprised at his 360 change of behaviour, since they were only used to his not very polite words, and that he only changed because of her.

Minzy stared at him weirdly now, ‘If you know you are in the wrong, then its fine. Just don’t cause any more trouble in here’ she told him, turning towards another nurse, motioning her to take care of his wounds. The nurse followed instructions, but he looked dissatisfied with it, since he wanted her to look at him instead, so he kept staring at Minzy, just waiting for her to come to him, and since he knew it was her, it became hard for him to talk properly, especially to her. So he started to become annoying to the nurse in charge of him, pulling away from them, and giving them ugly looks, practically acting like a spoilt child who wasn’t getting what he wanted, so the nurses could go and complain to her. To which they actually did go to her, seeing his persistence in resisting their help, he smirked, that his plan worked out the way he wanted it to, as he watched the nurse talk to Minzy, and see her look at him, then sigh.

He watched her as she walked his way, and stood in front of him, ‘Do you not want to get treated?’ Minzy questioned him, he gulped at her intimidating aura, ‘Uhh…’ he mumbled, unable to speak properly. ‘I want to get treated by you’ he boldly stated, now making her frown at him, then to look at the nurse who was in charge of him, ‘continue’ Minzy told the nurse, she wasn’t going to tend to him just because he said, the nurse nodded and did as they were told. Minzy stayed there, watching him, so he wouldn’t resist, but other nurses would distract her as the came to ask her about this and that, and what they should do next.

Minzy would tell them what to do next and everything, as the guy was just staring at her, glancing down at the nurse, wanting to push them away but Minzy was right there, and he didn’t want to make himself look even worse than before. But Minzy wasn’t even paying attention to him, so it was the only way to get her attention, ‘Sir, please stop moving’ the nurse said, as it really did get her attention. Minzy frowned at him, seeing his resistance towards the nurses, she stepped in, to take care of it herself, since it was their job to treat them so they can leave, ‘You are very annoying’ she stated, quickly finishing off wrapping his wounds and checking if there was anything else wrong with him, as the nurse was behind, helpi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter