Chapter Five

My Life, I Owe You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So sorry for the long long delay, Ive just been really busy lately. 

And just letting you guys know that the chapters may take a while for me to update. They will be updated just not as fast as I would normally do them, though Ill try my best to update them for you guys.

But thanks for reading them and for the comments :)

Key Notes:

RED: JONG

BLUE: MINZY

NORMAL: OTHERS

AUTHOR

4 months later…

‘I’m proud of you Kai’ Kyungsoo told him, he was one of the 11 close boys of Jongins, ‘Thanks hyung’ Jongin smiled, ‘You’ve come a long way, since then’ Kyungsoo remembered, ‘I was in my rebellious stage’ Jongin stated. Kyungsoo shook his head at him, ‘You were always rebellious Jongin, and you still are’ Kyungsoo laughed, ‘You drifted away for a bit, so we just waited for you to come back to us’ Kyungsoo smiled at him, ‘And you did’ Kyungsoo stated. ‘And I thank all of you guys for giving me another chance’ Jongin gratefully said, he had slowly drifted away from them, because he was in that phase where he wanted to do anything he wanted, and he actually could, and also feeling a lot of pressure too, so he decided to leave the country.

Jongin smiled at the thought of it, ‘Though… I’m actually thankful to have left the country back then’ Jongin said, Kyungsoo smiled as he and the boys had heard the entire story of him meeting Minzy, knowing that this Minzy was the whole reason for his change.

They were out having lunch at some place, having a break before going back to study, as their exams were coming up, they were busy eating, since they were starving, then Kyungsoo noticed that diagonally behind Jongin and in front of Kyungsoo himself, there was this girl staring at them, well at Jongin. Kyungsoo noticed that she would always glance away, as if thinking, then always stare back at Jongin, ‘Yah, Kai’ Kyungsoo called for him, ‘Hmm?’ Kai answered, Kyungsoo was staring at the girl, as she saw him alerting Jongin, about to tell him about her. He then saw her, rushing the guy in front of her, wanting to get out of the place but the guy took his very time, as if not pleased that she was in such a rush, ‘Neh Hyung?’ Jongin mumbled his mouth still full of food, staring at Kyungsoo who was looking behind him, Jongin then followed Kyungsoos line of sight, ‘She keeps looking over here, at you’ Kyungsoo told him, as Jongin looked behind him, to then see exactly who he was looking at.

Jongin gasped loudly, which actually made the food in his mouth, go down his throat, causing him to choke, he stood up slightly facing the girl who caused him to involuntarily choke on his food, Kyungsoo quickly stood up, going to him to help, ‘Help!’ Kyungsoo called for help, the workers there, rushing over to help Jongin. The workers couldn’t seem to help Jongin no matter what they tried, as he was trying his hardest to get the food out of his throat, unable to breathe properly as he kept slamming his fist against his chest, ‘Someone please!’ Kyungsoo frantically called out, begging for help.

The girl had watched from where she was, seeing that the workers may have had it under control, she didn’t want to get involved, but now seeing that they were useless, she quickly went over to them, as she had grabbed a napkin on a random table, the guy she was with, just smiled at her as she walked over. She was slightly annoyed that they were all useless, she pushed them out of the way, ‘Move’ she coldly stated, as they all looked at her, but Jongin somehow had his eyes on her the entire time, Kyungsoo giving her weird looks, because she was the one that was creepily staring at Jongin.

She placed the napkin in his hand, making him put it over his mouth, so he wouldn’t look embarrassed afterwards, she then wrapped her arms around him, in a specific position that would help to push the food back out. She then did her work, as in just 2 tries, he had finally threw up the piece that had been stuck in his throat, finally able to breathe properly, his hand on the table as he was coughing, trying to catch his breath. The girl was done, as she loosened her hold on him, but he had grabbed her hand quickly, to then stare straight at her, breathing heavily, as if him choking had not happened at all, ‘Kai’ Kyungsoo called him, ‘We should still take you to the hospital or something to get you checked out’ Kyungsoo suggested grabbing Jongin but he wouldn’t budge at all, staring at Jongin, who was staring at the creepy girl, Kyungsoo stared at her weirdly, wondering what was going on with Jongin.

‘Minzy’ Jongin desperately called her name, finally revealing the girl who was glancing his way, ‘I found you’ he mumbled, still having fits of coughs, Minzy sighed trying to pull away from him, but he pulled back, making her step in closer to him. Jongin stared down at her, ‘Where do you think you’re going!?’ Jongin told her in a very rough but gentle tone, Minzy pushed him, harshly pulling her arm, but he still wouldn’t let go, she glared at him, Jongin smirked at her, ‘What’s going on?’ Kyungsoo asked Jongin from the side. Minzy glanced at Kyungsoo, to see him giving her weird looks, Minzy coldly looked at him, then ignored him all together, Jongin saw her cold behaviour, ‘The same as always’ Jongin smiled at her, making her roll her eyes at him.

Jongin then pulled Minzy away from all of them, ‘hyung I’ll be back’ Jongin told them, as if him choking really didn’t happen, he went into a private room, opening the door, pulling her in, closing then locking the door. As he pushed Minzy against the back of the door, his arm on the door, as his other hand held hers, he stared at her intently, Minzy not faltering either, as she stared back at him, Jongin sighed in happiness, a smile played on his face, as he dropped his head on her shoulder, ‘Minzy~’ he softly called her name. ‘Thank you for saving my life… again’ Jongin stated while staring up into her eyes, ‘I’ve told you, don’t worry about it’ Minzy stated, he shook his head, now digging his head into the crook of her neck, and wrapping his arms around her body.

‘And I’ve told you, I owe you my life’ Jongin said, embracing her in his arms for now, not wanting anything out of her right now, all he needed was to feel her entire body on his, savouring such a moment for a while. Minzy didn’t push him away, as she could feel the desperation he had for her, just waiting for the moment where he would loosen up, so she could push him off her, but it didn’t happen for a while, so she just stood there, waiting until he was done.

Jongin finally loosened, satisfied with the moment of holding her, Minzy then pushed him away but he of course saw it coming, as he pulled her back into his arms again, making her groan at the contact. ‘Why?’ Jongin seriously asked her, now wanting answers from her, Minzy arched a brow at him, ‘Why did you leave like that?’ Jongin asked her, with a sad tone, ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ he now had a hurt expression, Minzy gulped. ‘Don’t avoid it Minzy, I need to know’ Jongin told her, ‘Give me a straight answer’ he said, ‘...I left because of my flight’ Minzy answered, ‘And you didn’t tell me because?’ Jongin questioned her, ‘because…’ she took a deep breathe, as Jongin waited on her answers. ‘I didn’t want to wake you…’ Minzy answered, ‘But?’ Jongin asked, knowing there was another reason, ‘But… I also didn’t want you to know’ Minzy honestly told him, Jongin was hurt by her honesty, ‘Why!?’ Jongin questioned her again. Minzy gulped, the raw emotions he was giving off, slowly got to her, ‘Why did you really leave?!’ Jongin asked her, ‘Was I just one of those guys you spend the night with for fun!?’ Jongin questioned her, yet slightly hurt by his own words, for even calling himself ‘one of those guys’.

‘Was I just a one night stand to you!?’ Jongin said in pain, because he fell more deeply in love with her, over the past months, not able to forget her at all, yet even he had done that before, spending his nights with girls, he knew that liked him, like she did with him. Minzy opened , about to answer him but they were interrupted by a voice yelling out in the hallway, ‘Mingkki!’ someone called her, it was the guy friend she had with her, Minzy looked back at the door, Jongin realising that it was her, that this guy was calling for. ‘Who is that?’ Jongin asked in a cold and harsh tone, not liking the guy who was with her, Minzy looked at him, seeing that dangerous look in his eyes, the door knob had moved, as the guy had tried opening the door, ‘He better not be…’ Jongin growled at the thought of her having a boyfriend.

‘You’re in here aren’t you’ the guy figured out, ‘Open up! Mingkki!’ he called for her, trying to force the door open, Jongin glared behind her at the door, his face twitching in anger, that he was interrupting them. Jongin then stared back at her, Minzy looked at him, then glanced back at the door, Jongin then placed his hand on her face, between her neck and cheek, his other arm, pushing her body against his, as he glanced from her eyes to her lips, leaning in to kiss her on the lips, roughly yet passionately. To then separate after a while, both of them breathing heavily, while staring at each other, Jongin bit his lips wanting more of her, but the door opened behind them, as the guy had kicked it open, breaking the lock.

The guy looked between them, glaring at Jongin, who was holding her, grabbing Minzys arms pulling her to him, but Jongin would not let go of her other arm, as they both glared at each other, while Minzy was in the middle, looking between them.

This guy was Kwon Jiyong, a long-time friend of hers that had been there for her since she was little, he was one of the other 5 guys since kinder garden and also one of her 8 close friends.

‘Let go’ Jiyong hissed at Jongin, Jongin smirked, ‘ no’ Jongin cursed at him, Jiyong then grabbed a hold of his wrist that was holding her hand, ‘I said let go!’ Jiyong told him, ‘And I said No!’ Jongin said back, as they stubbornly stood their ground. While Minzy was looking between them, slightly scared for what may come, but also a little excited because she liked to see fights happen, Jiyong glanced down at her, ‘Don’t you smile over there, Mingkki!’ Jiyong scolded her, Minzy smirked. Jongin arched a brow at her, ‘You just love seeing fights break out don’t you’ Jiyong clicked his tongue at her, Jongin now getting the picture, then remembering the time, when he had been in a fight, and she had been watching from the back, without a sound or trying to break it up, not until those guys had fallen.

While Jongin was in his own little world, Jiyong took the chance to pull Minzy away from him, making Jongin lose grip of her hand, his eyes widened, as he saw them run out, Jongin quickly followed after them. ‘We need to go Mingkki’ Jiyong told her, as Jongin could hear them, ‘I lost track of time’ Jiyong said as they ran, Jongin not understanding any of their talks, ‘Wait!’ Jongin yelled after them, ‘Minzy!’ he called her, Minzy had kept her eyes on him the entire time, but would not stop either, she wouldn’t let anyone in, especially him, who was already slowly creeping up on her.

Kyungsoo went after Jongin, slowing him down a little, as they both watched as the two had gotten into their car, and drove off, ‘!’ Jongin screamed, watching their car disappear, ‘!’ Jongin yelled, Kyungsoo staring at him. ‘Not again!’ he growled loudly, in frustration, ‘What’s wrong Kai?’ Kyungsoo asked him with concern, Jongin took deep breathes then looked at Kyungsoo. ‘That was her hyung’ Jongin told him, Kyungsoos eyes widened, his mouth dropped open, ‘What!? No way!?’ he said in disbelief, because how can she just appear out of nowhere like that.

‘That was her’ Jongin sighed, ‘And I lost her again’ running his hands through his hair, ‘That’s just unbelievable’ Kyungsoo said, Jongin smiled, ‘Tell me about it. Who would have thought she would be here’ Jongin said. They both smiled, as they started walking back to the uni, to study, ‘You’re not going after her?’ Kyungsoo asked him, Jongin shook his head, ‘This is no longer a coincidence anymore’ Jongin happily said, ‘I will see her again, I just know it’ he confidently stated, Kyungsoo agreed. ‘This time, when you see her, don’t let your guard down’ Kyungsoo told him, Jongin nodded, ‘I know’ Jongin said with determination, to not ever lose sight of her again.

‘Was that him Mingkki?’ Jiyong asked her, she nodded, ‘You know… it isn’t just a coincidence anymore’ he said the exact same thing as Jongin, Minzy sighed, ‘I don’t want to give you to anyone, but…’ Jiyong said. ‘I’m just saying…’ Jiyong clearly stated, ‘Maybe it’s time to let at least one more person in’ Jiyong suggested, Minzy stared at him, Jiyong looked back at her, ‘And that person being this Kai guy’ he added, Minzy frowned at his statement. ‘Don’t give me that look Mingkki’ Jiyong said, ‘You know, you guys meeting for at least 3 – 4 times now, is not a coincidence’ he told her, ‘Next time you do see him… maybe give him a chance’ Jiyong said, Minzy frowned at the idea, ‘I know it may be hard, but there has to come a time, where you need to move forward and trust at least one more person Mingkki’ Jiyong told her with a smile on his face, wanting the best for her. ‘That one person being someone, you will spend your life with’ Jiyong said, ‘Even though I don’t want you with anyone but… that’s life right’ Jiyong chuckled, she nodded at him, ‘But…’ Minzy said, ‘Hmm?’ Jiyong said, wanting to know what she had to say.

‘Last time I knew, he was a troublesome, rebellious bad boy’ Minzy told him, Jiyong scrunched his face up at this information because he didnt like the bad type kind of guys, since he knew they were troublesome, ‘You didn’t mention that’ Jiyong questioned her, ‘I didn’t?’ she wondered. ‘Wait, you said he was that guy who was heir to Kim Empire right?’ Jiyong asked her again, she nodded, then sighed in relief, ‘Even though he goes to a different University from us, I have heard rumours of him’ Jiyong stated, ‘Saying that he has changed ever since, maybe around 6 months ago’ he told her, Minzy looked at him, but then they were interrupted as they had arrived at their destination being the airport again.

‘We will talk next time’ Jiyong said, pulling her in for a hug, as she was off to another country for work and many other things, ‘But next time you come back, it better be for good’ Jiyong demanded, she smiled at him, leaving with her luggage that they had gotten out of the boot, waving each other off, as she left again. While walking, she was thinking, thinking about what Jiyong said, and thinking about Jongin, was she ready to let him in, was she ready to let a guy have her heart and not get hurt in the end. Minzy didn’t know as of now, but if she really did see him again, she was going to give him a chance, she wasn’t going to avoid or run away from him, she chuckled while smiling, ‘I can’t believe it’ she mumbled, about seeing him again after so long.

____

Another 4 months later… In Japan

‘Okay, here we are’ the man in charge said, guiding everyone out of the bus, and presenting them their hotel, where they will be staying for the next week, ‘Doctor Gong, isn’t it a pity that you are the only young one amongst us old ones’ the old man said, who was also a doctor. Gathered there was a group of well-known doctors who were invited to a yearly and famous conference as well as a guidance for all the new doctors and interns that will be attending later on in the week, just to see and get advice from each one of them.

Minzy was among these well-known doctors, the youngest in fact, they all respected her for her talents and experiences, she had finally accepted their invitation after years of inviting her to the famous conference over the past couple of years from her college days to now. ‘That’s fine’ Minzy stated, okay with being the only young one in the group, but she also found it fun to hang with them, they were all funny in their own way. There was about 15 of them, they all walked in, and waited to be given their keys, while waiting, some of them snuck about to check out the place, including Minzy who had nothing else to do, and was dragged with them, as they went to the bar and restaurant area.

And entering that area was another group of people, ‘Everything is going according to plan, President Kim’ the manager in charge of the hotel assured him, the President was scanning the place, ‘That’s good, thank you for your hard work’ he kindly told him, as his attendant and everyone dispersed leaving just him and his son alone. ‘Son, I’m glad you decided to come with me’ Mr Kim said to his son, ‘Of course father, I did say I wanted to learn and experience more from you’ his son said, Mr Kim chuckled patting his head, ‘I don’t know who this Minzy is, but I really do want to meet her…’ Mr Kim said, ‘Jongin-ah’ he called him softly.

‘You will father, I will personally introduce her to you’ Jongin told him with a confident smile, ‘You sound so confident, when you haven’t even seen her in the past months’ his father said as he had also heard every detail from Jongin, well not every part, just the important parts he needed to hear. Jongin smiled, ‘I just know I will see her again’ he told his father, as his father had grabbed a piece of food from the tray that had been set before them, as a snack, since they had sat down on a table, ordered a couple of drinks and snacks, to rest for a bit.

Then moments later as Mr Kim, had ate a lot of the snacks without even checking what was in the snacks, his father began coughing, as it became more intense, ‘Father’ Jongin worriedly called him, going to his side, Mr Kim wasn’t choking or anything, it seemed to be some reaction to the food he was eating. Minzy and her group who were sitting at the bar with their backs to them, and having some sneaky drinks had turned back to see what all the noise was, and had heard a boy call out for his father, they stood up looking his way, they were blocking Minzys ways when also she tried to take a peak. ‘Father are you okay?’ Jongin said, trying to see what exactly was causing him to cough so badly like this, ‘Someone please!’ Jongin called for help, the doctors there instinctively went over to check what was wrong, ‘Is everything alright?’ they firstly asked Jongin, who just looked at them with no clue what was wrong.

Minzy stood up, watching them run over to him, yet still had no idea that it was Jongin, since they had all ended up on the ground, his father laying there, with them surrounding him, Minzy was laid back just staring from her spot, if it was bad and Mr Kim really needed help then they would have it all under control. The doctors were checking for what may have caused this reaction, as well as checking his vital points, as Mr Kim’s assistants came in, asking what was wrong, everything and everyone just went into a panic, but everyone was told that they were doctors and that everything will be fine, if they all calmed down. Everyone there was surprised to see so many doctors in one place but then they remembered there was a doctor’s conference and convention here, everyone except Jongin.

They found out it was an allergic reaction, but this one was in a really bad state, Jongin looked worriedly at them trembling a little at the sight of his father lying lifelessly in front of him, hoping they had something that would save him. ‘Please!’ Jongin begged them, as some of them ran off to grab their equipment, because none of them had anything, as he looked up at them, Minzy found the voice very familiar, as she took a closer look, to finally see that it was Jongin.

‘That must be his father then’ Minzy mumbled, she was shocked but was always calm about everything, she had heard from where she was sitting that it was an allergic reaction, she sighed as she had to get involved now because it was Jongin, she walked up to the attendants and assistants of the place who were standing from afar and looking upon the group, she told them to clear the area of any disturbances which included everyone who wasnt needed as well as themselves. They looked at her weirdly, since they were getting orders from some stranger, ‘Hurry up!’ she coldly ordered them, they went and did as they were told anyway, because she really was intimidating.

Minzy grabbed something from her pocket, asked the guy at the counter for a big cup of water, she looked over at them, while waiting for the water, Jongin was now in a panic, as nothing was happening, ‘What’s taking so long!?’ he screamed, unable to hold it in any longer. ‘We are just waiting for some equipment to arrive’ one of them told him, ‘We can’t do anything without it’ they said, Jongin exhaled deeply worry expressed all over his face. Finally it arrived as they tried everything they could to help him, Jongin worriedly gulped, for some reason he had hoped that Minzy was there right now, knowing she could save him, as he called her name, ‘Minzy’ he mumbled to himself, ‘Please I need you right now’ he thought, ‘Please Minzy help me’ he quietly said to himself, the others around him saw that he was saying something, but couldn’t hear exactly what he had said.

Jongin then glanced upwards, his eyes widened at the sight of ‘Minzy!’ he softly called her name, yet his tone was one of panic and desperation, sighing in relief to see her here, all the doctors sharply looked back as they heard her name. They frowned at her appearance, Jongin saw their reactions, ‘We had it under control’ they told her, as they stood up to give her room to look at him because they all knew, that when she intervenes in something like this shes serious, but its also the first time she had to enter a situation like this because she always left it up to them. They all knew she was very knowledgeable and talented, she was a genius, and they respected her and her work, ‘Not good enough’ she coldly stated kneeling down in front of Jongins father and across from Jongin himself, as she was in her work zone, that no matter who or what bothered her, she would give them her honest and blunt words, which they all knew of.

Minzy always carried stuff in her pockets, just luckily she had placed some herbs in her pocket which had been misplaced and she had forgot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter