Chapter 9

I Like You, Bae Joohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, Seulgi?”

 

“Sorry, Seulgi is not available right now.”

 

Call dropped.



 

Who the was that?

 

Wait, why do I even care?

 

But the audacity to just drop it?

 

Who the f-


 

“Hey, Joohyun?”

 

“Yeah?” Joohyun quickly hid her phone under her pillow before turning around to the owner of the voice, her eyes following up her own question.

 

“So I am confused with this part right here…”



 

Next day…

 

“Good morning, Bae Joohyun.” A tired voice greeted her, followed by a series of questions from Wendy.

 

She tried to ignore the greeting as usual and arranged her belongings before taking her seat. Joohyun wasn’t one to pry nor care about things like....

 

Who was that girl who answered?

 

Why does she look so beaten up?

 

Why does she look tired?

 

Why-

 

No, Bae Joohyun does not pry on matters that do not relate to her and it was nothing out of the ordinary that Seulgi slept through the whole class. She’s been doing so ever since she got to the same class as Bae Joohyun. It was her habit, nothing else.

 

But why are you sleeping so uncomfortably?



 

“So my mom prepared some soup in this container and some meat in this one…”

 

“Wow, your mom really wants you to gain weight, Yerimie!”

 

“And mine gave me my favorite tteokbokki!”

 

“Woah, daebak. You two really have doting mothers! My mom only packed me a serving of rice and a piece of meat.”

 

Wendy faked a scowl at her statement before bursting into laughter, accompanied by Joy and Yeri. The three of them decided to compare and share their lunchboxes together after a failed interview with Seulgi. To their defense, they did try to ask what happened but Seulgi only gave them ‘nothing’ and a big grin.

 

Bae Joohyun did not buy it - not that she cared enough to ask anyway.



 

“See you tomorrow, Joy! Yeri!” Wendy gave a cheerful wave to both as she picked up her bag from the ground. “And you, Kang Seulgi, better prepare something better tomorrow for your lunch box. I’m gonna be judging it!”

 

“Nope, too troublesome.” Seulgi stuck her tongue out and laughed, glancing at Joohyun who started to pick her things up too.

 

“I’d still be looking forward to it and if you don’t bring some, no more Bae Joohyun for you!” The shorter one retorted back with her own tongue afterwards and ran to the direction of their classroom.

Joohyun silently followed Wendy’s path but slower since she much enjoyed walking instead. They have a quiz this afternoon and she sure is getting ready for it.

 

No more number two.

 

She kept repeating the same thing on her head and focused all her energy on the same spot, finishing the quiz way faster than everyone else.

 

I wonder if she’s done---


 

WHERE THE IS SHE-?

 

Seulgi was nowhere to be seen in the classroom but some of her stuff were still on her desk. Joohyun made sure to quickly look back at her test paper or else she’s going to get reprimanded again. That’s one thing she doesn’t want to happen in her life ever again.

 

Where the is she?


Does she think she’s so good that she’d beat me without ever going to class? Oh, no, no. That’s not how it is, Kang Seulgi.

 

I don’t care what’s happening to you right now or where you are, but watch out; you’re going to ing get what you deserve.



 

“Wendy, go home ahead. I need to drop by the library to do some research.”

 

“Uh, we can use the internet?”

 

“I like books better.”

 

After a few seconds of contemplation, Wendy gave in and waved her friend goodbye. She skipped a bit to catch up to one of her classmates and walked with them.

 

Wendy was not dumb as they thought though. She never missed how Joohyun kept glancing on Seulgi when she was not eating during lunch or how her bestfriend turned around thrice to check on her seat during exam. She was worried about Seulgi too but the bear was not giving any hint or even small details about why she was absent. There was absolutely nothing to come up with.

 

And what more for her bestfriend?

 

She already knew about Joohyun planning her revenge and whatnot. Joohyun does have a point about invading privacy and maybe a bit of “ual” harassment since Seulgi stole a kiss from her; but she feels bad for Seulgi. Seulgi is just plain straightforward but she doesn’t mean any harm - at least for Wendy. That being said, Wendy doubts her bestfriend’s plans. It’s not that they are not going to work but the real question is, will she be able to do it? Does Joohyun even notice her own concern towards Seulgi?



 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter