Chapter 3

I Like You, Bae Joohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it was a good thing that her weekend is packed up with homework and other projects due for next week. Joohyun didn’t have time to think about what happened the day before the weekends. And it’s not like she wanted to think of it...

 

“Kang Seulgi. I’ll see you around, Bae Joohyun.”

“Hi, I’m Kang Seulgi.”

“...Bae Joohyun is mine from now on.”

And then those lips against hers...it was just a brief moment, but Joohyun felt the softness and warmth.

 

“BAE JOOHYUN!”

 

Her face was blurry, but the feeling of her lips was clear.

 

“BAE JOOHYUN!”

 

It’s her first kiss.

 

“BAE JOOHYUN! WAKE UP YOU STUPID WOMAN!”

 

Then a hit to the face with a pillow.

 

“WHAT THE -?!” Joohyun sat up quickly, her brows furrowing deeply as she looked around to see who hit her. “What the , Wendy?!”

“Oh my...” Wendy covered , eyes widening, “How can Bae Joohyun use such word?” 

Joohyun sighed, lying back down and covering her body with her pink blanket.

“Shut up.”

“I would if it isn’t 6:55AM and we wouldn’t be late for school if you don’t stand up-”

She wasn’t even able to finish her sentence when Joohyun dashed through the house to get ready.

 

“This is why you have to get a car, Wendy. You’re rich enough to get one.” Joohyun whispered as a matter of fact-ly to her friend who was also catching her breath while running up the stairs.

“You talk like this always happen to us when it is the first time...and it’s because of you.” Wendy retorted back with a glare at her friend.

 

Both calmly went in to their classroom and to their seats, thankful that their teacher wasn’t there yet, but hating the fact that their classmates are looking at them like something big happened. Well, it is big for them. It’s the first time Bae Joohyun was almost late for class. This doesn’t happen often. In fact, it doesn’t happen at all...until now.

Joohyun slumped her head on her desk, burying her face against her arms. She was tired from all the running and arguing alright.

 

“Yo, Bae Joohyun.”

 

It’s that voice.

Joohyun didn’t raise her head up to see who it was, but instead, she sighed.

 

“Go away.”

“I can’t. I’m your seatmate.”

She has a point.

“Then just shut your mouth and don’t talk to me.”

“That’s rude.”

“You’re disturbing me.”

“But....”

“I said, shut up.”

 

“Bae Joohyun.”

“I said shut---” Joohyun looked up. She didn’t mean for those words to come out. She really didn’t mean to. “P-professor...”

 

Too bad it was one of those strict teachers she had at school that just make you want to quit.

 

“Go out and put a bucket of water on your head.”

Bae Joohyun isn’t the student who gets punishments either.

“But...” She’s on the verge of crying, mainly because this is the first time this happened to her and also because she knows this is not her fault.

“Go out. And put a bucket of water on your head.”

She had no choice. He was already glaring at her like he’s going to eat her or something. “Y-yes, professor.”

 

With her head hanging low, Joohyun stood up and walked outside to take a bucket from the comfort room and put it on her head. Her bestfriend could only look at her with worried eyes when she exited their room.

She hated Kang Seulgi more than anyone at this instant.

If she didn’t bother her and tried talking to her, she wouldn’t have answered the professor that way. And now, she has to deal with the consequence.

 

*poke*

 

She felt a poke on her arm, but decided to ignore it and just continued closing her eyes, concentrating on the bucket on her head.

 

*poke* *poke*

 

“Go away.”

 

*poke* *poke* *poke*

 

I swear, whoever this is, I am going to throw this bucket on his or her face if it doesn’t stop.

 

*poke* *poke*

 

“I said, go away!”

 

And with that, a splash can be heard across the hallway, water running slowly on the floor as it hit its mark.

 

In front of her was a drenched Kang Seulgi with a bucket on her hand. Joohyun could only look at the sight in front of her. Feeling sorry? A bit. Satisfied with the feeling of revenge? Yes.

Her lips started to form a slight smirk.

It was Seulgi’s fault she was out here anyway.

 

“Ah, I was supposed to get that water from your bucket and into mine.” The taller girl whined, puffing her cheeks as she looked at the water on the floor and on her body.

 

Her jaws dropped.

Shouldn’t she be getting angry with me?

And what was she supposed to mean?

 

“Were you alright out here?” She was sure that concern was the only present emotion on the girl’s voice.

Why...

“I was really worried something might happen so I followed you out here and took a bucket so I could get the water instead and put it on my head.”

Why is she not shouting at me?

“Bae Joohyun doesn’t deserve getting punished. It was my fault for bothering you.”

Damn right it is.

“And I’m sorry...”

You better be.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t know you wanted to see me so wet in front of you.”

 

It was a huge grin. A conceited one. And it only made Joohyun hate her more. She threw the bucket towards Seulgi who just blocked it with her own bucket before storming out the hallway.

 

“Bae Joohyun!”

 

They were just lucky no one saw what happened or it would’ve been another issue about them at school.

 

“Bae Joohyun!” Seulgi was practically jogging behind her, buckets still at hand.

“Get away from me!” And Joohyun was already running.

“But you still have to get to class!”

“I don’t want to go to class today!” Joohyun never thought she’d ever say that, but what she got so far for today was enough for her to do so.

 

Thing is, Joohyun was always afraid of doing such things...doing mistakes. She was already too timid and didn’t want anyone to notice her (even if that was impossible considering her great appearance), especially if she’s gonna get noticed about not-so-good things. Joohyun only wanted to finish school and start working and then make a name for herself out there. That was her only goal. And now that a transferee is trying to ruin everything for her in the disguise that she’s liking her, Joohyun could only hate the world.

And instead of going home, which she really wanted to do but the fact that her bag was still in their room stopped her, Joohyun walked behind the school building instead and climbed up a tree to sit on its branch and lean against it.

What a cruel world it is for her to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter