Chapter 4

I Like You, Bae Joohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*beep beep*

 

“Good morning, Bae Joohyun! :) It’s Tuesday today so we still have class. Don’t be late today, okay?! -Kang Seulgi “

 

Don’t tell me my hell is starting early today.

How did she even get my number?!

...don’t tell me....

 

/FLASHBACK/

“Son Seungwan, give me Bae Joohyun’s number.”

 

Seulgi’s hand was just on ...not gripping...yet.

And she’s hating the fact that there are no people around to help her. What a coincidence.

 

“B-but...Joohyun will kill m--”

“I will strangle you to death right now if you don’t.” 

/END OF FLASHBACK/

 

“I’M SO SORRY JOOHYUN-AH! I DIDN’T WANT TO DIE YET!” Wendy almost knelt in front of her sighing friend.

“It’s okay, I don’t blame you. She’s scary with all those threats.”

“I KNOW OKAY! SHE HAD HER HAND ON MY THROAT!”

“Do you really believe her threats?” Joohyun raised a brow.

 

To be honest, she wasn’t really scared with the transferee’s threats. She just gives up when she does those because she didn’t want any more attention than they already have everytime Seulgi opens .

 

“W-well... WELL TRUE OR NOT, SHE’S SCARY OKAY?!”

“I’m more scared you’d lose your voice shouting like that in the morning.”

 

The morning went with her schedule. She’s just glad she didn’t wake up late today. After all, she fell asleep earlier than usual after a certain someone the energy out of her yesterday.

And she didn’t thought she’d have to deal with it earlier today as well.

 

“Yo, Bae Joohyun.”

That wide smile again.

There it is again.

Her eyes disappeared into crescents and her expression made her resemble a bear.

Joohyun’s regretting the fact that she let her walk her home yesterday.

 

With all those scary threats she’s giving out and with that face, she’s definitely a bear.

Not the cute kind though. The ones you want to actually hunt down.

I hate seeing her face this early in the morning.

 

“What brought you here this early?” With an annoyed tone, Joohyun and her bestfriend just walked past Seulgi, with Wendy actually clinging on her arm.

“You, of course.” The bear she just walked past was now suddenly in front of them, her smile even brighter than the day itself.

 

What’s even making her so happy like this?

Don’t tell me she’s still being delusional that we’re dating. 

 

“Oh and, for you.” A very fresh and bright red rose was then present in front of her very eyes, widening eyes to be exact.

 

And no, not because someone is giving her a flower...

 

“Where did you pick that?”

“Oh, in your neighbor’s garden!”

“And what are you doing with it?” She tugged on Wendy and continued to walk, Seulgi walking on her other side.

“Giving it to you.”

“I told you we’re not dating.”

“I know.” That made her stop. So the delusional Seulgi is gone.

“How could we date if I haven’t courted you, right?” Then she heard Seulgi chuckle before seeing the rose getting handed to her again.

“JustingtakeitJoohyunsowecouldgoandgetawayfromthisperson!” Wendy half-shouted, half-whispered to Joohyun, her hands tugging on the other’s arm.

“I heard that, midget.”

“How dare you?!” Wendy disentangled from Joohyun’s arm and stormed towards Seulgi.

“Because you’re really short.” The tall girl replied with an uninterested face.

“Joohyun is short too, stupid!” A hand on her face which pushed her away.

“Joohyun is cute.”

More protests coming out from Wendy’s mouth.

 

This is hopeless.

 

Joohyun grabbed the opportunity that the two are engrossed in their pointless argument and walked ahead of them.

 

Why is this happening to me so early in the morning?

 

“Bae Joohyun.”

 

I don’t think I deserved this.

 

“Bae Joohyun.”

 

I really don’t.

 

“Bae Joohyun.”

“What?”

“Are you mad at me?”

I hate you.

“No.”

But you’re at least making me feel an emotion.

“Then take this rose!”

 

Joohyun sighed and to avoid another pointless argument with the other, she took it timidly.

 

“WHAT THE HELL?! OW!” Soon, Joohyun was shaking her hand a bit before looking at it. “YOU DIDN’T TAKE THE THORNS OFF?!”

 

“Ah-” A short chuckle and a rub on the back of her neck to complete an apologetic expression. “I guess I was too excited to give you a flower that I forgot to take its thorns off.”

Or maybe that was on purpose.

“Don’t go near me until you’ve taken every single thorn off.”

 

And with that, Joohyun walked ahead along with her bestfriend who took an opportunity to stick her tongue out at Seulgi. Annoyed by the bestfriend’s action, Seulgi grabbed a pebble and threw it at her.

She had a great throw.

She just didn’t have great accuracy.

Joohyun stopped on her tracks to give the tall girl the scariest glare she might’ve ever seen her whole life before walking again, rubbing the back of her head. Seulgi just followed behind, unconsciously keeping about 15 meters of distance as she walked with her head hanging low.

 

Wow, I didn’t know she could listen.

 

Once the two bestfriends got inside their classroom, Joohyun proceeded with her normal routine during morning. Even Seulgi entering the room didn’t disturb her mental and physical preparation for classes. And yes, she does that.

Soon after, the class started. And much to her surprise, and maybe a bit of disappointment, Seulgi didn’t bother her even one bit. She was also silent, only talking when the teacher asked her something.

Was I too hard on her earlier?

Of course not, she just gave me a rose with thorns.

Did she want to ruin my hand?

And not to mention, the pebble she threw... Well, it wasn’t for me, but at least she could’ve been more ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter