Chapter 6

I Like You, Bae Joohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//FLASHBACK//

 

“Seulgi.”

Seulgi looked up at her with a surprised expression at the sound of her name.

“Let’s make a deal.”

Seulgi was really eager to listen since Joohyun hadn’t talked like that before. Her wide smile plastered on her face.

“Exams are coming. I need to focus and study and I don’t have the luxury to deal with you starting next week.”

Seulgi looked down for a moment before nodding, looking up at Joohyun.

“So, you want me to get away from you?”

‘Yes’ , Joohyun thought.

“No, not to that extent.”

“What then?”

 

“One, don’t bother me between classes and in exchange, I’ll still let you come with us during lunch and pick me up as well as walk me home.”

Seulgi puffed her cheeks and nodded. “What else?”

 

“Two, stop announcing to everyone that we are dating cause we are not. Just stop announcing anything that has something to do with me.”

“Why would I do that?!”

“If you don’t stop doing that, I’ll stop talking to you.”

“You didn’t even give me a reason!”

“Shut up and just listen to me for now.”

“But-!”

“Kang Seulgi.”

“...fine.”

 

“Three, stop being violent with everyone and stop scaring Wendy and all other people.”

“I’m not violent...and Wendy is getting on my nerves like all other people.”

“You already hit me a lot of times because of you being violent to everyone.”

“I’m just protecting you!”

“Hitting me is not protecting me.”

“But--!”

“Kang Seulgi.”

“...fine.”

 

//END OF FLASHBACK//

 

 

It’s been two days and Seulgi has been very good with following Joohyun’s conditions. She hasn’t bothered her during classes and there has been no attention-grabbing scene that happened. As for her violence, Seulgi have been trying hard not to hit anyone who pissed her off (mainly those people who tried to hit on Joohyun and then some who tried to hit on her). Wendy, however, was still her subject of bullying to which Joohyun had to reprimand her accordingly.

 

Wednesday was the day of the mock exams and everyone else, except Joohyun who studied a lot for it during the past few days and Seulgi who’s only worry was how to be with Joohyun, aren’t confident at all. Each subject’s mock exam results are going to be posted later in the afternoon so the day was exciting for Joohyun.

 

“Bae Joohyun.”

“What.”

“If I get a high score in the mock exams, go out with me this Saturday.”

“I already went with you last Saturday.”

“But but it rained so hard!”

“Exactly. And I don’t have any plans on coming with you again.”

“But we’re going to a different place!”

“No.”

“That’s why I’m having this bet with you!”

“No.”

“Are you scared I’ll win?”

Joohyun turned to shoot a glare at the taller girl, only to be met with the other’s own conceited grin.

“Tell you what, if you get a higher score than me, I’ll go out with you this Saturday. You can even call it a date.”

“Really?!”

“Yes.”

It’s impossible for you to beat me just like that, Kang Seulgi.

“Alright!”

 

 

“Omo...this is a first...”

“I know...”

“How did she do that...”

 

Joohyun made her way through the crowd to see the results with Seulgi following close behind her.

 

MOCK EXAMS

1) Kang Seulgi - 97.8

2) Bae Joohyun - 97.3

3) Ahn Heeyeon - 95

 

Her conceited grin crept on Seulgi’s face as she started making victory noises, going around Joohyun to rub her win in.

 

But Joohyun was nowhere near in the world anymore...

Her heart sank.

Her brain started to malfunction.

Her body went cold.

She couldn’t believe what her eyes just saw so she rubbed them and looked again.

 

It was the same.

She is second.

For the first time.

That nasty feeling from last Friday coming back.

 

She doesn’t understand how and why this happened. She studied every single thing and even though she knew she couldn’t get a perfect score, she’s confident that she’d get the first place. Like always.

But not this time.

She haven’t seen Seulgi study even once. She would just be bullying Wendy, sleep or try to bother Joohyun. Her texts during nighttime was so frequent that Joohyun had to shut her phone off a lot of times. There was no way Seulgi could’ve caught up to Joohyun.

And yet she did.

It felt like a bucket of cold water splashed on Joohyun’s face.

It didn’t feel good.

 

“Bae Joohyun!”

 

She never tasted defeat before.

And it tasted the worst yet.

 

“Bae Joohyun!”

“What.”

“I won the bet.”

I’m not happy with it.

What are you trying to do, Kang Seulgi?

“I know.”

“A date this Saturday! Did you guys hear that?! I’m going on a d-”

“Remember our deal.”

Just shut your mouth before I do it for you. I might not be able to let you talk forever if I do that.

 

Seulgi smiled and nodded happily, grabbing Joohyun’s wrist before skipping out of the crowd.

 

What are your intentions?

What are you planning?

Do you just want to see me suffer by taking away the things I’m good at?

Do you just want to see me suffer by letting me taste defeat?

Well, it won’t last long.

 

“I won the bet, so we’re going on a date this Saturday, Bae Joohyun.”

“I know.”

 

I will make you pay for this.

 

My revenge would be sweeter.

 

Thursday

Joohyun’s POV

 

I didn’t have a very nice sleep last night and I was in a foul mood. Wendy had to sleep over at their house next door just because she got scared with a glare from me. She told me she hasn’t seen me anything like that and it scared her more than Seulgi’s threats.

And speaking of that piece of ... She’s downstairs, waiting for me while arguing with Wendy.

Why can’t she just like Wendy instead and stop fooling around me?

I wouldn’t even care.

I hate her so much.

 

But hate can’t fix my hair for school, so I decided to concentrate every negative feeling I have in my body to a certain place...just to calm myself down.

Today would bring me closer to my revenge. 

I’ll make sure of that.

 

I went down all dressed up, taking the rose that she gave me everyday she picked me up and placed it in between my sketchpad. I am not even sure why the neighbor isn’t getting suspicious yet. And I’m not sure either why I wasn’t throwing these away.

 

“Bae Joohyun. Keep this, okay? If I see you throw them, I’ll throw your bestfriend’s body to the river.”

 

Right.

That’s why I was keeping these.

I’m not really scared of her, but knowing she can be a bit of a psycho and seeing she could easily do those, it’s better to be safe. 

 

And like everyday, I’m the only silent one as we walk to school. Wendy is whining, Seulgi is bullying her. It’s so noisy and I feel much more irritated remembering what happened yesterday.

 

I was number two.

 

It’s just the mock exams, but it slapped me back to reality that someone could still get ahead of me.

And of all people, it was Kang Seulgi.

I don’t think I could hate her more than I do right now.

But revenge has its own time, right?

And I’ll make sure mine is--

 

“Bae Joohyun.”

 

I looked at her and almost lost my poker face when I saw her smiling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter