Chapter 5

I Like You, Bae Joohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun’s POV

“Hi, I’m Kang Seulgi.”

 

What is she doing here?!

Don’t tell me she’s going to follow me even here.

 

“I’ve been looking for ways to spend more time with Bae Joohyun, so I’ll try out today.”

“Then, can you show us why we should let you join?”

 

Seulgi just nodded and fumbled with her phone for a bit, connecting it to the speakers.

Then the music started playing...

‘Oh baby come come come.... I’ll be there for you...’

 

I guess I really don’t know anything about Kang Seulgi.

If I did, I wouldn’t be standing there like a statue with my mouth open a bit.

Her whole aura changed.

The way she looked changed.

The way she moved changed.

It was a completely different Kang Seulgi in front of me.

 

The way her legs and her whole body moved...

...it looked like she drowned to the music and had let it take over her body.

 

I know.

I always feel like that when I dance.

 

But to see her, of all people, it made me question something about myself.

 

So, I might not be the best in dancing?

 

I watched her sway her body and close her eyes, feeling every beat.

Then I looked at everyone else in the room.

When I dance, they would all stare at me in awe and cheer at how good I am.

But with her, they’re all silently watching...smiling...looking up to her.

I looked back at Seulgi once again.

 

Our eyes met.

Then, a slight smirk before flipping her hair and somehow gesturing me to come over with her hand.

...or maybe it’s just an illusion.

 

She’s actually mocking me.

Challenging me to see who’s the best dancer out of the two of us.

 

So I did what any dancer would do...

...I walked to her, dragging a chair.

 

Dancing to this song with her felt like it’s almost natural.

Our movements were in sync.

Our bodies were in sync.

The way our hands touched and our arms rubbed against each other added to the excitement that dancing has already given to me.

It’s my first time dancing with skin contact like this.

 

Then, our eyes met again...our faces close to each other.

And knowing her, she would just bluntly kiss me right there and then.

But she didn’t.

She smiled at me like some sort of a signal for the next moves.

I smirked back at her and sat on my chair, raising a leg over the chair and her head before letting my fingers crawl on her back.

She bent forward a bit and looked at the audience with her sharp eyes.

 

It was all so natural.

Like we already danced this together for a long time.

And like it was staged and all, we ended the dance sitting on our chairs, our backs against each other, panting and trying to catch our breaths.

The whole room was completely silent for a few moments before bursting into a roar of claps and cheers.

 

I have never heard them like this...it was so overwhelming.

It feels really good.

Was the dance that good?

Was she that good?

 

I looked at her and saw her having a talk with our coach at the corner.

They’re both smiling widely.

Then I saw the coach pat her back and hug her tight, ruffling her hair.

 

I guess she’s the new favorite.

 

I grabbed my bag and quickly headed out after hearing the coach that they didn’t want to ruin the hype our dance gave them so we can just go and practice at home if we want to.

And just as I expected, after a few moments, I heard her calling out to me by my full name.

Why can’t she just call me Joohyun?

Oh, right.

She’s delusional and thinks she’s special.

 

Well, she isn’t.

 

No one’s POV

“JOOOOOOHYUN AHH!!” Wendy practically sprinted up the stairs and into Joohyun’s room, tackling the other who was just sleeping on her bed.

“What is it now....” Joohyun ignored the pain on her body and took a pillow to cover her face and ears, trying to ignore her bestfriend’s whining as well.

“IM GONNA DIE DAMMIT SAVE ME JOOHYUN!!” She was getting shaken and a vice grip was on one of her legs.

“Don’t drag me into your nonsense...” Joohyun kicked her off the bed, but Wendy was clinging onto her tightly.

“SHE HAS A ING WEED T SCISSORS!!”

 

Joohyun quickly got up from the bed to see what Wendy meant and indeed she has.

Kang Seulgi was standing there with her tall build, clad in all black while holding a weed t scissors.

 

“Yo, Bae Joohyun.” Joohyun mentally groaned and lied back down, covering her face with the pillow again.

 

Why is she here and why is she looking like that?!

 

“JOOHYUN MAKE HER GO AWAY!!” Wendy started shaking her again, but she can’t care anymore.

“Shut up, midget. I’ll cut your head off.”

“I-if you cut my head off, Joohyun will hate you f-forever!”

“Oh, I guess the little midget is scared, huh?”

 

Joohyun heard a few steps closer and a loud scream from her friend.

 

Ugh.

 

“Stop it.”

 

With a smile, Seulgi gave an okay and headed out.

Hearing those steps go out of her room made Joohyun confused and a bit surprised.

 

She didn’t come for me today?

What a miracle.

 

“Where is she going, Wendy?”

 

No answer. Her friend is already crying. She sat up and patted Wendy’s head before heading downstairs with her brows furrowed, only to stop at the last step of the stairs.

 

Kang Seulgi is shirtless in her kitchen.

 

What-

 

This definitely caught Joohyun off guard.

 

Her back muscles were defined and her shoulders are wider for a girl, all covered in sweat.

 

Damn..

 

Then her eyes landed lower; for how wide her shoulders are, her waist is just perfect.

 

Turn around and let me see more.

 

She unconsciously thought, a lump on forming.

 

Seulgi sensed a presence behind her and finished gulping down the glass of water, some of it dripping down from her lips. She wiped it with the back of her hand as she turned around, a smirk forming as she saw who she wanted to see.

 

“Yo, Bae Joohyun.”

 

But Joohyun was in her own world when Seulgi turned around. Her eyes only looking down at the latter’s rock hard abs.

She didn’t know it was possible for girls to have such.

She didn’t know it could look as y as this.

Joohyun swallowed the lump on and shifted a bit, the view definitely affecting something in her.

 

A chuckle.

 

Then the next thing Joohyun knew, Seulgi was standing half a foot away in front of her, a hand resting against the wall to trap her in between.

 

“Like what you see?”

 

Yes.

And why is your voice so husky...

But I hate you so... 

 

“No.”

 

She wanted to push Seulgi away, but her hand was betraying her and it seemed like it just reached out to touch the other’s abs.

She was right.

They were hard.

 

“Looks like seeing them isn’t enough.”

 

Joohyun quickly pulled her hand away before bumping Seulgi’s body with her shoulder to shove her aside, her steps sounding really heavy with each one.

 

“Where is your shirt? And why are you here at my house?”

“To come and pick you up, of course!”

 

Joohyun was already mixing her coffee and milk on a cup before raising a brow at her.

 

“Who said you could do that?”

“Me!”

 

Her wide grin brought out her bear-like features once again.

You could’ve been a cute bear.

But you aren’t...

But she could be a y bear with that abs and body and--

No.

I hate her.

And I don’t swing that way.

Maybe I’m just lacking of exposure to guys-

But that’s not my priority either.

 

Joohyun sighed and took a sip, following Seulgi with her eyes and saw the latter put on her shirt.

 

“Why do you even look like that? And the scissors?”

“Ah- “ Seulgi scratched the back of her head and chuckled nervously. “-it’s nothing. I’ll take a bath and change now so wait for me, okay?!”

“Why would I wait for you and where are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter