Chapter 7

Scream. Jessica, Scream.

It has been almost two weeks and all I’ve felt was constant depression. Everybody is still ignoring me or insulting me - both directly and indirectly. The girls had managed to work their lives around me, teachers don’t really try and stop the other students’ bullying, and I think I might kill myself. The only bright side though is Taecyeon. True to his word he didn’t stray from my side at all during the two weeks. People steered clear of me when he is around which I’m thankful for.

 

Right now was my music period. Unfortunately, Taecyeon doesn’t have this class, so I just sat here by myself while everybody else was off in groups or pairs composing their songs for the class project.

 

I was sitting in front of the piano because usually nobody uses it. They all think that guitars are the best way to compose a song or something. Choosing to ignore the rest of the class, I stared at my journal full of empty ideas. The songs were full of lyrics I thought the girls and I could sing together. Not so much anymore.

 

I tossed the book aside and stared at the set of black and white keys. I let my finger migrate to middle C. The moment it made contact something strange happened. The moment the note came out, I could’ve sworn that I heard something beneath it, almost as if it was trying to hide. Looking up I try to see if it was one of my classmates that said something. Unfortunately they were all still in their own groups doing their own things.

 

Turning back to the piano I tried to summon some courage to hitting the key again. Sadly nothing came out other than a note. Man, I thought, now I think I’m going crazy. Gathering my things together I got up and left the class early to take a walk around the school. Since it was still early I made it to my locker without any incidents.

 

After switching my books I caught sight of something in my little hand mirror in my locker. Taking a better look I saw an odd figure standing at the end of the hallway. The figure was female in some old time english garb. This wasn’t the only thing that made her off putting. It was the fact that she look decomposed, if not decomposing. Her expression was stoic, and her left hand was stretched out, indicating for me to follow.

 

I honestly didn’t know why, but I felt compelled to follow. Turning on my heel, I turned just in time to see the mysterious lady turn the corner. Without a care to my own well being I began to run after her. All I could think about was who was this lady? Why is she here? Where did she come from in the first place?

 

I didn’t know how long I was running, but I knew that I was getting closer. Despite the windows in the hallways, it seem as if the world around me was getting darker. I began to hear some more whispering. As rounded another corner, I was surprised to see how far the woman was. In fact I was shocked to see the endless hallway I just stumbled upon.

 

Stepping closer into the endless hall, I finally took notice of the leaves and vines that decorated the hall. Making my way slowly towards the mysterious madame, I watch as she made odd hand gestures while mouthing something.

 

By the time I was close enough, I began to make out what her hand was doing. She was gesturing towards the her ears. Is she asking me to listen to her? She then closed her mouths while gesturing for me to stay quiet. By the time I was right in front of her, she placed a finger on my mouth, now making me stay silent.

 

I eyed her strangely before she step back and inhaled inaudibly. I watched her open and seem to scream. The thing was that I didn’t hear anything. I tried to concentrate until I heard what sounded like a far away scream making it’s way closer to me. Before I could block my ears from the sound, the lady, still screaming, shot out her hand and out and lock my hands into place, forcing the horrid sound to enter my ears.

 

I stood in place as the shrill scream began to assault my ears. I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I then remembered what she told me earlier. Shutting my eyes I did everything in my power to listen to what she wanted me to hear. At first it was just the blood curling scream when I finally heard the underlying whisper. Forcing my ears to try to hone in on the whispers I felt tears trickle from my eyes. This hurt too much.

 

Opening my eyes I stared into the screaming woman’s face. Her face seems urgent so I tried really hard to listen. More tears began to fall as I try to find something solid within the scream, some kind of anchor of sort. Unconsciously I opened my own mouth and belched out my own scream. It seemed to have done the trick when both screams seem to cancel each other out, leaving only the whispers to project throughout the hallway.

Banshee… Banshee…

As I heard those words echo around me, I watch as the mysterious lady smile at me before turning to dust before flying further into the hall. I didn’t even try to follow when everything around me began to disappear. Once the scene around me melted back into the school I was once in, notice how I am now in the further end of the library. I noticed how nobody was around me. It then occurred to me that something heavy was in my hands. Looking down at it, I saw the a book open to a page entitled banshees. Turning the book towards the front, I read the title. Mythical Creatures and Urban Legends.

Taking it with me, I walk over to check it out while thinking about what I just experienced.

 


Sorry for taking so long. Just graduated and had to settle stuff for school. I will try to get more chapter in since it's summer.

Anyway subscribe if you like and comment to tell me what you think.