Chapter 5

Scream. Jessica, Scream.

Sitting at my vanity table I just continued to stare at my reflection. I didn’t know why but the girl staring back at me just wasn’t the same as the one I remember. What happened to me?

I began to recall what had happened a few days ago. First my car accident, then my coma, and lastly me finding a dead body accidentally. I didn’t know how I did it but I just did. At least that’s what I told the police when they came. During my panic I guessed my screaming caught the attention of one of the staff because people began coming my way with security. I remember my dad taking me away from the scene.

I manage to pass on to the police that I found that body by accident which I did – I think. But the news reporter that got there didn’t think so. Some even thought that I killed the boy myself or something. I don’t why but I felt like the universe might be out for me.

Right now though I was finishing getting ready for my first day back to school. I was actually hoping for everything to blow over and get back to normal. I finished putting my hair into side braid before collecting my book and bag and left for my car without breakfast.

When I got downstairs I saw that my sister was gone, though. That’s strange. “Hey, dad,” I called him. When he turn towards me I ask, “Where is Krystal? I thought I was gonna take her to school.”

“Oh,” he said with confusion, “she told me that she told you that Victoria was gonna take her to school.”

That hurt. “She didn’t tell me that.”

“Oh, then maybe she thought she did or something.”

“Yeah, maybe,” I mumbled. “Anyway I’m gonna head out now.”

“Are you sure you don’t want any breakfast before you leave?”

Shaking my head at his concern expression I said, “No, I think I just want to get to school and  see everyone. Bye, daddy.”

“Bye, sweetie,” he said as he kissed my forehead.

Getting into my car, I sat there and thought of how Krystal hasn’t really been herself around me. I shook my head at that thought though. I’m just over thinking is all. Starting my car I began to drive to school in hopes of everything being normal.

 

 

--

 

 

Yeah wishing doesn’t always work out for everybody. The moment I step out of my cars, I’ve been receiving strange looks from everybody. And I mean everybody. Not just students but teachers and other faculty members. It wasn’t exactly one of disgust and hate but more wary and cautious. Even when I look their way they would immediately look away, and when I walk close to them they would scurry off.

I tried to ignore them but their staring and whispering didn’t seem to cease either.  This even continues when I got to my classroom. Stepping in I was shock to find my usual seat in front of Taeyeon taken. I was about to go over there when the bell rang, signaling the begging of school. Having no choice left I went to an empty seat in the corner. I stayed there and listen to Mr. Lee lecture the entire time.

It wasn’t long before the bell rang for our next class. I got up and walk over to Taeyeon, but she just brush pass me and left without looking back. What the hell?

I quickly followed her out and found her with Tiffany, Sunny, and Yuri. They were all laughing at something. As I walk over towards them I miss the student coming out of the classroom. We both collided and ended up on the floor. While I help pick up his books, I could hear passing students saying thing like: “freak” and “crazy” and “killer.” Is this about the hospital incident? I knew that it got on the news and magazine gossip but did people really believe that?

I finally handed the books over only to see a wide-eye look from the stranger. He didn’t even thank me and ran off as if he saw the devil himself. I turn back to the girls only to see them giving me an odd look before they walk away.

I guess everybody really believe I am a freak.

And that’s how the rest of my day went – everybody was ignoring me or giving me the cold shoulder. I think my Biology teacher deliberately ignored me when I was the only one to raise my hand to answer her question. I had never felt the urge to just roll up into a ball and cry until now.

When lunch came around I notice that the girls left no space at the table for me and everybody else were making it seem like there was no space left for another seat. That was the last straw; I turn on my heel and fled the cafeteria, and found myself in the auditorium. There was a table set up in the front and instruments and props on the stage. Oh, right there was going to be an audition for spots in the talent show later. The girls and I were supposed to sing and dance but I guess they’ll be doing their own thing now.

Frowning at the thought I made my up the stage and sat on the stool facing a guitar. I didn’t know what drew me in but I began to reach out for it. Before I could pluck a string I heard a deep voice coming from the front door. Turning around I saw a tall tan stranger with black hair. Staring at him I began to realize that he was talking. “I’m sorry. What did you say?”

“I just ask if you know where the front office was. I’m new and I’m kind of lost.”

“Oh, um, yeah I’ll take you there.” I got up from the stool and led him out of the room and further down the hall. As we walk in silence I realize that the auditorium was kind of a long walk from the front entrance – he would’ve had to pass the front office before reaching my location. So how did this guy wounded up in there in the first place?

I couldn’t voice my thought out loud as we came to the front office. When I turn towards him, I found the stranger just staring at me intently. With a stutter I told him, “He-here we are. I hope to see you around.”

He continues to stare before showing me a nice set of teeth. “Yeah, I hope to see you around, too.” He took one last look at me before walking into the office and leaving me dumbfounded. I stared off after him until I realized that I didn’t even get his name.

Sighing at the thought I concluded that even if I did get it, he wouldn’t talk to me if other student filled him in on the gossip about me. Might as well get use to being alone, Sica. It’s just us against the world.

 

 


I know that it's kkinda short but tell me what ya think.