Destroyed

Survival Instincts (Forward and Backward Pt. 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You sat down at the crowded bar, and even though it was louder than you expected, it felt empty as though you were the only one there. You felt alone.

"You look like you need this," Jinhwan said, handing you a glass of mixed whiskey and cola. He grinned. "Just don't go kissing randoms, okay? Hanbin would kill me."

You chuckled dryly. Even though you felt completely worn out, it didn't stop guys from looking at you, waiting for you to look back. You didn't though, you didn't even know they were there. You took a sip of your drink and sighed. "Thanks. It's been a long day."

"I bet," Jinhwan replied as he refilled someone's glass across the bar. "At least it's over, right?"

Hardly. The night was still very young, open to anything.

You took another sip of your drink and bit down on your lip, forgetting it was cut until you felt a slight ache. You winced and Jinhwan chuckled. "Regretting it?"

"Regretting a lot of things," you said with a dry chuckle as you looked down at your glass. "Everything's a mess now."

"I can imagine," Jinhwan replied as he stopped in front of you to wipe the bar. "But, hey, you've survived this much, right?"

You nodded. It was pitiful, really, how one guy managed to do so much damage in your life. Well... you did a lot of the damage, too. You did it together. You pressed your lips into a flat line and looked up at him. "I don't know what to do. Too late to fix it, right?"

"Depends," Jinhwan answered with a shrug as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Only you can decide that. You're not exactly talkative, Ahri. No one knows what you're going through."

You nodded, taking another sip of your drink. "Yeah, well tonight's obviously not the night to make decisions."

Jinhwan laughed. "Yeah, alcohol doesn't exactly lead to smart decisions most of the time. Honest ones, however..."

You gave him an unamused look. "You didn't take me here because of whatever Yunhyeong's planning, did you?"

"No," Jinhwan answered with a shrug. "I'm just saying. I learn a lot of secrets as a bartender. People become very honest when they drink."

You shook your head as you took another sip of your drink. "Even if you were in on their plan, I'm too tired to care. I don't know what's more exhausting, talking about it or not talking about it."

"I don't know either," Jinhwan said, scratching his head. "Sorry, I only listen, I don't give advice."

You took another sip of your drink, feeling your body finally relax. You sighed, smiling thinly as you propped your chin up on your palm. "Do you think he really hates me?"

Jinhwan raised an eyebrow as he watched your expression lose its tension; it was obvious you were drunk. By now the bar had emptied up considerably, so he took the time to stop and pull up a chair next to you. He shrugged. "Well, what do you think?"

"Well, when you put all of your trust in someone, you believe everything they say, even the bad things," you slurred, taking another sip of your drink. You looked at Jinhwan and sighed. "That's what I think."

"You still trust him?" Jinhwan answered, furrowing his eyebrows. He was surprised.

You shrugged, running a hand through your hair. "When I said I would, I meant it."

Till the very end.

You didn't want to trust Bobby, to leave all of your heart's investments with him, but you couldn't help it. Even though you were the one to break up with him, that didn't mean he didn't break your heart too. Maybe he broke yours first.

Jinhwan nodded slowly with a shrug. "If only I knew what was in Bobby's head, I'd probably help."

You nodded. Everyone always targeted you for not expressing what you felt, but Bobby was no better. While you avoided anger to mask what you felt, Bobby used anger to avoid everything else other than anger.

You laughed airily before pressing your lips into a thin smile. "Well, I've had enough. I should probably go. Thanks for the drink."

"I can close up early to drive you back to your dorm," Jinhwan replied as he grabbed your glass and set it on the other side of the bar.

"It's okay, I'll just call a cab," you replied as you set down a few bills for your drink. You could hardly think straight, let alone stand up without feeling dizzy, but you tried your best not to show it. "I'm fine. I just need to be alone for a bit."

Jinhwan nodded hesitantly. "Just don't do anything you'll regret."

 

 


///

 

 


Bobby laid back on the rooftop of his apartment, entire body cool from the slight breeze around him and from the alcohol setting in his body. He was up here to collect his thoughts. Or maybe just to escape everyone else. He forgot.

He felt his ring from beside him and just to shut it up he answered it. "What?"

"Just checking up on you," Jinhwan casually replied. Well that was a surprise. Jinhwan was the type of friend who let you learn from your own mistakes. He wasn't the 'checking up' type.

"I'm fine," Bobby exhaled roughly as he pressed his eyes closed. "Just... fine."

"You're not up on the rooftop, are you?" Jinhwan answered. He was the only person who knew that Bobby came up here from time to time to escape... life. The only reason he knew this was because he came up once for air and caught Bobby asleep on the ground. "You better not fall asleep. I think it might rain tonight."

"I'm fine," Bobby repeated roughly as he sat up and pulled his hood over his head. "Get off my back, Jin."

Truth was he wasn't fine. He was far from it. There was a reason why he was up here and it wasn't to talk. He looked around and frustratedly ran a hand through his bangs. "I'm hanging up."

"Hey, um..." Jinhwan said, inhaling hesitantly into the phone. He sighed after a few moments. "Never mind, forget it. I'll see you later."

Bobby hung up and tossed his phone aside, not caring that he treated the thing horribly. He didn't care about anything anymore other than getting by from this day to the next. Even that was only going through the motions.

He got up to his feet and shoved his hands in his pockets, staring at the lights around him. His jaw clenched as he closed his eyes. The anger swarming him was too much for him to handle. He couldn't take it.

He pulled open the rooftop door, but instead of heading back to his apartment, he walked out of the building and out on the street. He collided shoulders with several people as he stumbled along, but he didn't care when they turned around and shouted back. Maybe it was even intentional. If one shoved back it was an easy fight.

One of the guys finally turned back around and shoved him. "Watch where you're going!"

Bobby smirked slightly, eyes darkening as he turned around and faced the guy. The guy had a coarse, severe expression, but Bobby practically looked through him. He mumbled curse words to the guy, who retaliated with a punch to his jaw.

Bobby chuckled as he let the guy punch him a few more times before landing a hard punch back to the guy's face. It wasn't long before Bobby tasted blood on his lip and then his anger quickly turned to adrenaline.

The pain didn't even bother him. It took his mind off of other things and that was all that really mattered to him.

He chuckled airily as the guy punched him in the ribs, exactly where he'd bruised the other day, and he was about to punch him back when he felt a pair of arms tug him away. He tried to wrestle his way free, but the arms in back of him held on tight. He thrashed hard. "Get off of me!"

"Bobby, stop!" Hanbin barked as he gripped his shoulders hard. "What the hell are you doing?"

The guy across of him wiped the blood from his lip and spit on the ground before yelling a slur of curses and continuing on. Bobby whipped around and faced Hanbin, his breath still ragged. "What was that for?!"

"You're going insane, picking fights with random people on the stree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter