Concussed

Survival Instincts (Forward and Backward Pt. 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're pregnant, Min."

"I am not pregnant!"

Yunhyeong looked at Junhoe, who looked back at Yunhyeong with a similar unconvinced look. Junhoe looked back at Minhee as she walked from the bathroom to the kitchen. "Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. I have these senses, you know? And I sense that you're pregnant, so... that means you're definitely pregnant."

"Stop saying that!" Minhee snapped as she looked away from the refrigerator to Junhoe, her eyes so wide and crazy, it sparked a significant amount of fear in both Junhoe and Yunhyeong (and she wasn't even talking to nor looking at Yunhyeong). "I'm not pregnant! I just ate something bad! If it were anyone else, you wouldn't be saying that they were pregnant!"

Junhoe took a step back at a safer distance, as though that would protect him from anything. "That's because I only know guys, and I don't get the sense that Ahri's going to be pregnant anytime soon." 

Minhee rolled her eyes with a frustrated sigh. "Look, Hanbin and I are definitely not having a baby. That's the end of this."

Yunhyeong crossed his arms over his chest and finally came to a conclusion after sitting on a lengthy thought process. "You know, I have a sense, too. It's there. I've always had a thing with senses. I predict things all the time."

"See!" Junhoe countered, looking at Minhee. "Two against one! That means we're right!"

Minhee rolled up her sleeves, and before she could take a step forward towards them, both guys rushed off toward the door. They'd seen enough fights between Minhee and Hanbin that they knew what rolled up sleeves led to.

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

Bobby looked around at your university campus, with an impressed nod. "So this is college, huh? Not like how I imagined."

"Trust me, it's boring," you replied as he walked you to your class. You could see all of the girls passing by look at him, not having the nerve to full out stare, but looking in any case. You snorted, looking back at Bobby. "Nothing's changed. I guess it's a good thing you work at a bar. No girls to stare like here."

Bobby cocked a brow as he smirked slightly, your jealousy working well with his ego. "You're jealous. There are actually girls at the bar, though. Lots of them."

You looked unfazed, much to Bobby's disappointment. "That's okay. I trust you. I kind of miss the beginning of our relationship, though, when I had to protect you from other girls. It was fun back then, even if was kind of a bother."

"It's fun now," Bobby added with a smile, though he had similar thoughts. In high school, things were so exciting. It was good that you were stable and comfortable now, but he missed experiencing the newness of things and being excited to see the changes in each other for the first time. "We're still young. It's not like we're old people."

You stopped in front of your class and cocked your head to the side. "That's true. What time do you start work again?"

"At 6," Bobby replied as he leaned against the wall and pulled up his sweatshirt sleeve to eye his watch. "I still have plenty of time. I guess I'll just go and see what the guys are doing."

You leaned against the wall and fiddled with one of the strings on his hoodie. "Would you be mad if I skipped class to spend the day with you? I hate Chemistry anyway."

"Just can't resist me, can you?" Bobby said, flashing a smile that still made you hate yourself for giving in so easily to. Even though he knew he was handsome, you couldn't help but think he still didn't know the extent of his charms. 

You gave him an amused look. "I'm your girlfriend, Bobby. You don't need to act like this."

"You can tell me you love me until we're old, and I'll still have the reflex to answer like I'm still the sixteen year-old boy who couldn't imagine you saying these things," Bobby replied with a shrug and an innocent smile as he tucked his hands behind his back. "I don't know about you, but I'm still in the honeymoon phase."  

"I'm so lucky," you replied dryly, the only way to counteract his sappiness. It always felt weird if you were both sappy at the same time. Even Bobby thought so.

"Hey, look who it is," Donghyuk said as he walked by and spotted Bobby. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was going to drop off Ahri, but she's decided she hasn't had enough of me and wants to steal me for the day," Bobby replied, specifically to get you to roll your eyes.

You rolled your eyes and he grinned.

Donghyuk gave a disgusted look as he blinked and looked away. "You two are so weird. Unlike you two, I actually care about my education so I'll be going now."

"Who taught you that?" Bobby replied, now giving Donghyuk a harsher look. Sure, the guys saw him being sweet to you, but that didn't mean he was sweet to them. 

Donghyuk immediately turned around and fast-walked away, pretending not to have heard a thing.

 

 

 

///

 

 

Hanbin dropped down at the bar and motioned for Jinhwan to get him a drink. "Nothing too heavy. I can only stay for a bit."

Jinhwan nodded and set down a beer in front of him. "Just make Yunhyeong or Junhoe drive you if you need to."

Hanbin nodded, glancing over at the Junhoe and Yunhyeong, who were busy doing... whatever they were doing.  

Yunhyeong and Junhoe nudged each other, communicating intensely through their eyes on whether or not they should unearth the secret only the two of them knew. It seemed it was in their responsibility, but they also didn't want Hanbin or Minhee to murder them. Junhoe nudged Yunhyeong. "You say it."

Yunhyeong glared before nodding. "Fine. But if I break my other leg, I'm going to break both of yours."

Junhoe nodded with a sarcastic look. "Whatever. Not like it'd be the first time."

Hanbin gave them a curious expression as he took a sip from his beer. "What's up with you two?"

"Just, uh..." Yunhyeong said before clearing his throat and turning into Hanbin. "Well, we need to tell you something, but it's kind of big, so you should take a few more sips of your beer first... or gulps."

Hanbin raised an eyebrow as he set down his drink, and even Jinhwan stopped in curiosity. It wasn't everyday (or any day) Junhoe and Yunhyeong were hesitant to talk. Hanbin squinted. "Well... what is it?"

Yunhyeong tried to grab Hanbin's hand (for moral support), but Hanbin immediately yanked it away and gave him a disgusted look. "What the-"

"Minhee's pregnant," Yunhyeong said, surprised it was so easy to say it. Half of the motivation was resent that Hanbin rejected him so harshly (really, he was on his team). "I'd let her tell you, but I don't think she wants to, so...."

Hanbin's eyes bugged out of his head and he choked on his drink, nearly falling off of his stool. "She what?!"

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

Bobby smirked proudly as he took a step back and watched you step on his board. "Look at you!"

You gave him a blank look, which had some sarcasm, but you were mostly irritated that he wasn't as wary as you were. People die on skateboards all the time and here he was, encouraging the risk. "I'm going to fall, Bobby."

"You'll fall for me," Bobby replied, not able to resist the opportunity.

"Yeah, literally," you replied, raising an eyebrow as he held onto your forearms and helped you brace yourself. "Bobby, if I fall, you better catch me."

"Of course," Bobby replied as he started to walk sideways, somewhat getting you to skate. "What else are these arms for?"

You gave him a flat smile. Bobby chuckled amusedly. "I saw the chance and I took it. You make it so easy for me."

You shook your head and looked around, at least grateful the park was empty. "So, what are we going to do? Just skate around the park at a mile an hour?"

"Well, it's not like you can dip into the bowl or do anything crazy," Bobby snorted, amused by your nervousness. "Unless you want to, then-"

"No!" you blurted, wrapping your hands around his tighter. You stepped off of the board and cleared your throat. "I think it's been enough. Enough to know you're much better at this."

Bobby bit down on his lips and did his best to contain his laugh in a smile. It was refreshing to see you so out of your comfort zone and at the same time to be trusted in seeing you like that and being the reason for it. It may not have been as exciting as others would think, but it was exciting for him and that was all that mattered. 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" you asked, still breathless and flustered as you tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. 

Bobby tipped your chin and shoved his hands in his pockets with an innocent smile. "Nothing." 

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

Hanbin paced back and forth at his work site, and since he worked in construction, it was a little dangerous, but it wasn't like he was paying attention to that. He had too much to think about. If he could, he would take off from work and go straight to Minhee, but then he'd get fired, and he had a baby to support now.

A baby! He was going to be a dad! He still needed one himself! 

He couldn't believe it. He had to admit he and Minhee weren't as careful as they should've been sometimes, but he never really thought about the consequences. Ever. 

Minhee...

He was also mad at her for wanting to hide that from him, if what Yunhyeong said was true. It was easy to believe given how Minhee always dealt with problems -- she handled them alone and then pretended she was fine later when she finally talked to Hanbin about them. It was his child for Christ's sakes. Being mad and anxious were not qualities safe on their own, let alone combined together. She should've known him better than that. 

He puffed his cheeks and shook his head. There was so much to think about, and he hardly knew where to start. He could hardly support himself, let alone Minhee and a baby. Of all people, he was not the one who should be a father. He was stubborn, had a short temper, and he hardly-

"Hanbin, watch out!" 

Hanbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter