Deal

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6 – Deal

 

 * * * *

 

Jinri woke up the next morning to a bright room. Blinking, she looked around and felt panicked. Then, she remembered where actually she was and smiled. She felt Minho stir, his arm tightening around her waist, pulling her closer. Jinri bit her lower lip and closed her eyes again, not wanting to move.

"Mmm…your hair smells like peaches." Murmured Minho sleepily.

Jinri smiled. "That's because my shampoo has a peach scent in it."

Minho tickled her side, making her laugh and jerk to the side. He grinned and stretched out onto his back. Jinri laid back down, pressing her cheek against his chest as Minho ran his hand through her hair.

"So…what do you have to do today?" Asked Minho.

Jinri yawned. "What is today?"

"Thursday."

Jinri gasped and sat up. "Thursday? Oh God! What time is it now?" She scrambled out of bed, tripping on the sheets.

"It's quarter after seven. Why?" Asked Minho. He sat up and started to stand.

"I gotta be at work by eight! Oh god..…how did I forget that?" She gathered her clothes.

Minho started to get dressed properly. "Calm down. You only live like five minutes from your school?" Said Minho. He grabbed his wallet and keys. "Ready?"

Jinri nodded. "Minho, I'm so sorry! I forgot today was a school day." They went out of his house and climbed into his car.

Minho threw the car into gear and sped down the road. "It's all right. We'll just have to make sure the next time we do this, it's on a Friday or Saturday night."

Jinri chuckled. "Good idea. Thanks for driving me home, Minho."

Some minutes later, Minho pulled into her driveway and walked her to her door.

Jinri smiled as she saw Minho didn't leave her right away. "Can you let Choco out in the back and keep an eye on her while I clean up?" Asked Jinri and Minho nodded. She sighed thankfully. "Thanks, Minho."

Minho watched Jinri ran towards the bathroom as he let out a smile. Choco started barking at him, her tail wagging furiously. He bent down to pet her. "You wanna go outside? Come on, girl. Let's go."

Minho opened the back door and let Choco run out ahead of him. He sat down on a bench by the door and watched as the golden ran around. Ten minutes later, Minho called Choco inside.

Jinri came jogging out of her room. She stopped to slip on one heel, then the other. She smiled. "Okay…let's go." She kissed Choco on the head as she poured her food out of the bag. "Be good, sweetheart. I'll see you later."

Jinri hustled Minho out the door. "I'll call you after school. What bar are you at tonight?"

"I'll be down at Blue Night. Just come into the bar tonight." Said Minho. He hugged her and leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Have a good day at work. Teach those high schoolers their literature."

"I will." Smiled Jinri and she turned to lock her door. "See you tonight, Minho." She then kissed back his cheek and with that, she ran off to her car, waving as she backed out of the driveway.

 

- - - -

 

Jinri sat at her desk, grading papers while her students quietly did their assignment. She pushed her hair out of her face and sighed. She set her pen down and popped her knuckles. Suddenly the door opened, everyone turning to look at it.

Jinri gasped and stood up. She hastily walked toward the door "Minho? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. Got a minute?" Said Minho, grinning.

The class was immediately whispering, the girls giggling to each other. Minho flashed a cocky grin and grabbed Jinri's hand but she stopped him. "Guys, settle down. Keep doing your work and I'll be right back."

Jinri pushed Minho out of the door and looked at him. "What's up?"

Minho grinned and leaned down to kiss Jinri briefly on the lips. "I missed you. And I wanted to see you. When's your lunch?"

Jinri chuckled as she shook her head. "Minho, it's now already two in the afternoon. School gets out in an hour. I already had lunch a while ago."

Minho shrugged. "Sorry… didn't pay attention to the time. Well, I just wanted to see you. I'll let you get back to your class. Come to the bar tonight."

Jinri nodded. "Okay, I will. See you tonight." She looked around to make sure no one spied on them and reached up to kiss his cheek.

Minho hugged Jinri tightly and then gently let her go. He watched her walk back into the classroom before he left for the bar.

Jinri quietly shut the door behind her, silencing the class.

"Ms. Choi, is that your boyfriend?" Asked a girl at the back.

"Well….you could say that." Jinri blushed and sat back down. "Okay guys, keep working. You've only got ten minutes left of class."

"Your boyfriend sure is hot, Ms. Choi." Commented another girl.

Jinri grinned playfully. "That is very true. I do enjoy looking at him." A couple of the guys whooped with laughter. The girls shrieked with giggles. Jinri raised a brow as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Guys…guys… HEY! Calm down! Now hurry up and continue to finish your work, okay?"

The class calmed down and obeyed their teacher. Jinri smiled as she sat down on her desk and also continued to do her paper work until she heard a beep from her phone.

Opening the incoming message, instantly brought a huge smile on her face.

‘What to do? Just saw you about 10 minutes ago and now that yearning feeling is coming back. Missing you, love.’

 

- - - -

 

A week later

The bar was packed when Jinri walked in. She didn't see Jonghyun at the bar, so she took a seat on the end closest to Minho's office.

A tomboy bartender walked over to her. "The name's Amber. What can I get you?"

Jinri smiled. "Amaretto sour. And can you tell me where is Minho at?"

Amber raised a brow as she mixed Jinri's drink. "What business you got with Minho? And I need to see your ID."

Jinri chuckled and pulled out her ID. Amber looked at it and then nodded before sliding the drink to her. "Now…what do you want with our boss?"

"What does it matter? Is he in his office or in the cage doing liquor counts?" Said Jinri.

Amber narrowed her eyes. "Look, lady….Minho is a private person. He doesn't want anybody butting into his life."

Jinri took a sip of her drink and smiled. "Do you not know who I am?"

Amber rolled her eyes. "Obviously not."

Jinri nodded and she stood up. "You must be new then. Okay, I'll find him myself."

"Hey Lady… you can't just go walking around the bar! Oh Kim Jonghyun! Where are you at?" She called.

Jonghyun suddenly appeared from the back room with Minho right behind him. He raised a brow. "Amber? What's wrong?"

"This lady here is roaming the bar for Minho. I couldn't let her do that." Said Amber.

Jonghyun looked at Jinri, who was grinning and took a sip of her drink.

"Well, I'm a criminal wanting to rob Minho blind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter