Meeting

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10 – Meeting

 

* * * *

 

Kim Jongwoo and Joon sat in the study room, looking over papers. Jongwoo held up a picture of Jinri and studied it. He smirked. "So this is Minho's girlfriend."

Joon nodded. "Her name is Choi Jinri. A literature teacher at Seoul Arts High School. She's as innocent as they come."

Jongwoo ran his finger over the picture. "I would keep her hidden too if she were mine." Joon smirked with a nod and Jongwoo set the picture down. "So my next question is, why hasn't he brought her here?"

"He doesn't want the two of them recorded by the cameras." Replied Joon.

Jongwoo narrowed his eyes. "Why not?"

"He appeared to have a high respect for women. He said that he didn't like the way the men treated his mother."

Jongwoo chuckled. "A knight in shining armor, until he goes on our drops. Kind of ironic, don't you think?"

Joon nodded. "Yes. It is. But I guess if you look at it that way, every woman could be somebody's mother or at least in the future."

Jongwoo slowly sipped his drink. "I can understand that. But the thing is, he's found where the cameras are hidden. I don't know if that worries me or not."

Joon adjusted himself in the chair, finding a new sitting position. "He's very hard to read, but he is one hell of a good mob guy."

Jongwoo nodded, his face blank. "Yes, he is. Over the past few months, I have come to trust him as much as I can trust any man."

Joon nodded. "Choi Minho has that aura around him. Threatening, yet trusting. I don't understand."

Jongwoo chuckled softly. "Me either, Joon. I'll trust him as the best as I can. But if not……" He paused and glanced down on the desk to pick up Jinri's picture again. "If not, Choi Jinri will be paying the price."

 

- - - -

 

Minho didn't want to think about Jinri wanting to dress in a disguise. He shouldn't have mentioned about showing her his current place. Though it had been almost two months now since she had brought up the disguise suggestion but it still kept worrying him, afraid that one day she might really surprise him by standing at his door.

Jongwoo trusted him more and more each day and he must not screw thing up or Jinri would be in danger. Minho ran his hand over his face and groaned. He finally stood up and grabbed his suit jacket. But as soon as he opened the door, he ran over Jongwoo.

"Jongwoo hyung! What are you doing up here?" Asked Minho. He pulled up short and raised a brow.

"I came to talk. You are going somewhere?" Asked Jongwoo.

Minho nodded. "Actually, yes. I have to go to the bar. Well, routine checkup stuff. Gotta make sure nobody is robbing me blind." He laughed and shrugged into his jacket.

Jongwoo smiled. "Well, it's good that you are keeping an eye on your employees. And you know Minho, I was wondering if you have a…umm... ladyfriend?"

Minho chuckled. "Why?"

"Well….I never see you bring somebody back. I was just trying to see if I could bring a woman into your life." Said Jongwoo.

"Thanks for the offer, but I will have to decline. I already have someone." Said Minho as he moved towards the exit with Jongwoo walked with him.

"Oh really? Then I have a brilliant idea. Why don't we all go out to dinner on this Friday night?" Suggested Jongwoo.

Minho halted his step as he felt panic flood him. He turned to Jongwoo. "I don't know."

"Why not?"

"Well, I don't know her schedule." Said Minho and smiled a little. "She's a very busy woman."

Jongwoo laughed. "Women… can't live with them, can't live without them. Talk to her tonight. It's been a while since I've eaten at Atelier du Saint-Ex." He said.

Minho nodded slowly. "I'll see what I can do."

"Good. I'll talk to you tomorrow then." Jongwoo smiled and patted Minho on the back before veering off down a long hallway.

Minho continued walking to the garage and slipped inside his BMW, pulling out and headed to the bar.

Twenty minutes later, Minho walked inside the Blue Night. Jonghyun smiled at him and Minho nodded with a small smile before slipping into his office. He shed his jacket and loosened his tie and then he picked up his phone and dialed Jinri.

"Hello?"

Minho smiled as soon as he heard her soft soothing voice. "You busy?"

"Minho! Where are you?" Asked Jinri, excitement pouring out of her voice.

"The bar. Can you come up here?" Asked Minho with a small chuckle while rolling up the sleeves on his shirt.

"Yeah, sure. Give me a moment and I'll be there."

"Great. See you in a few."

"All right. Bye." Jinri hung up the phone.

Minho sat down and held his head in his hands. Groaning, he raked his hand through his hair. This job was so frustrating, he didn't know how much more he could handle. Then there was a knock on the door and Minho looked up.

"It's open!" Said Minho restlessly.

Jonghyun stepped inside. "I know there is something wrong. What's up, Minho?"

Minho sighed as he looked at Jonghyun for a minute or two. "Kim Jongwoo…..he wants to meet Jinri."

Jonghyun raised a brow. "You told him about her?"

Minho shook his head. "No, I didn't. He asked if he could bring me a woman because I've never brought one home. I told him no that I was taken. He told me to bring her to dinner. I told him I'd have to figure out her schedule." Said Minho as he ran his hand through his hair frustratingly. "What am I gonna do?"

Jonghyun sighed. He sat down on the edge of the desk. "Minho, I hate to tell you this, but if you think Kim Jongwoo doesn't know about Jinri, then you are pretty freaking stupid."

Minho looked at Jonghyun. "But I've been so careful."

Jonghyun shrugged. "I'm just saying. He's not in the position he is in right now for no reason. Maybe now the best thing you can do is to start bringing Jinri around. This way you can protect her better, you know?"

Minho nodded. "That does make sense. God, I don't know. I didn't want to drag her into his mess."

Jonghyun patted Minho on the shoulder. "Minho, man, if she didn't want the mess, she would have cleaned up by now. But you perfectly know inside and out of your girlfriend right now."

Minho took a deep breath. "I guess you're right. I'll have to talk to her though. See what she has to say."

Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Jonghyun opened it and smiled to the sweet new comer. "Hey girl. Come on in. Minho? I'll catch up with you later."

Minho nodded and watched as Jinri walked inside. She had on a pair of jeans and a white blouse. Her wavy hair was haphazardly pulled up, a few long tendrils had escaped the ponytail and fell to frame her face. She beamed at him as she shut the door.

"Hey."

Minho chuckled. "Were you cleaning?"

Jinri blushed. "How did you know?"

"Because you always wear clothes like that when you are cleaning. Don't worry. I love it."

Jinri smiled. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. Minho secured his arms around her small body and stood up straight, taking her with him. Jinri looked at him. "Minho? You oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter