Consequence

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 12 – Consequence

 

 * * * *

 

Jinri stepped out of the shower and dried off. She ran some gel through her hair before drying it. As she was finishing up, a knock sounded on the door.

Jinri frowned but she answered the door anyway, "Hold on a sec!" She quickly put on a pair of jeans and a shirt before opening the door.

Jongwoo smiled at her. "Good morning, Jinri."

Jinri froze a few seconds before forced a smile, her hand gripped on the doorknob as she responded, "Good morning. How are you?"

"Wonderful. Well....may I come in?" Asked Jongwoo.

Jinri nodded a little and stepped back to let him in, her heart racing for unknown reason. "Come on in. I'm just finishing getting ready. So, what can I do for you?"

"I am just wondering if you're free right now. I would like you to come with me today. I promised Yunhee to give her jewelry and well... I want a woman's opinion on the piece I found."

Jinri smiled, nodding. "Sure. I've love to. Let me just finish getting dressed."

Jongwoo nodded to tell her go ahead. Jinri turned around, only to stop smiling for her gut telling there was something wrong which was probably going to happen.

Twenty minutes later, the two were on their way. Jinri sat rigidly on the passenger seat in Kim Jongwoo's car. She looked out of the window and noticed the car went into the opposite direction of the store.

Jinri frowned. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"We're almost there. It's a small unknown place. It caters to the wealthy." Said Jongwoo.

Jinri nodded, starting to feel more even uneasy but she just kept it quiet until thirty minutes later, the car pulled into a warehouse parking lot. Jinri looked at Jongwoo. She did her best to look slightly confused when the inside she was shaking like a leaf.

Jongwoo reached into his suit jacket and calmly pulled out a gun. Jinri gasped as he pointed it at her.

"Jongwoo..…w-what are you doing?"

Jongwoo smirked. "Choi Minho is a backstabbing liar. He's undercover and I trusted the bastard. I'm going to kill you in front of him. Don't worry that you're going down the hell alone because he'll follow you after but before that, the price that he owes me won't be paid that easy." He laughed out loud as Jinri was shaking in fear, tears started to well up in her eyes. "Life will be back as it was once before with the two of you out of this world."

 

- - - -

 

Minho finished the job and was on his way out the door when Kim Jongwoo walked in. Minho frowned.

"Jongwoo hyung, what are you doing here?"

"Just making sure the drop went down without a hitch." Said Jongwoo, rocking back and forth a bit, his hands in his pockets.

Minho smirked and handed him the suitcase. "Everything is great. So, what's the deal? You never come out on a job."

Jongwoo stared at Minho. "Well, there's been a slight problem, Minho."

Minho frowned. "What's the problem?"

Jongwoo smirked. He moved aside as two of his men came in. Minho felt his heart stop as those guys half dragged, half carried Jinri inside. She struggled against them, her face pale and her eyes wide as soon as she saw him.

Minho shook his head and turned to Kim Jongwoo who gave him a mocking grin. "No…no…Jongwoo. What's going on?"

"Seems that we have someone undercover in my operation." Said Jongwoo. He chuckled with a shake of his head and then moved to stand in face to face with Minho "Tsk tsk tsk…..That wasn't a wise move, Choi Minho. Especially when you have a fiancée at home."

Minho watched Jinri to see her trembling in fear and he shook his head. "No, Jongwoo…please…Leave Jinri out of this. She knows nothing about what's happened. Let her go."

"It's too late now. She knows everything. She can recognize me." Said Jongwoo. He then nodded to his men. The one that holding Jinri pulled out a sharp knife and pressed it to Jinri's throat.

Minho instantly roared a cry of anguish as Jinri stiffened, her eyes going wider. Kim Jongwoo smirked and two other men made a grab for Minho. He fought them off and approached Jinri.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Minho. One more step and I'll have them kill her." Threatened Jongwoo as anger evidenced all over his face.

Minho froze, his eyes never leaving Jinri. She saw fear and anger rush through his eyes. Jinri knew what he feared about bringing her into his life had come true.

Jinri mouthed the words, 'I love you.' to him and Minho shook his head to her, knowing there was no turning back but he will never let anyone hurt her.

"Kim Jongwoo…what do you want?" Growled out Minho, his body rigid and tense.

"Well, I wanted you to go to Daegu and do the job there but now I'll have to find someone else because I plan to finish you." Said Jongwoo and he nodded to the two of his men, who were ordered to grab Minho and hauled him off to a metal chair. They forced him down and tied him up.

Minho tried to escape from the chair, testing the strength of the knots and the chair itself but to no avail. Jongwoo stepped toward Minho and stared fiercely down at him before smacking him hard on the face.

"Listen bastard! You will be tortured for the you've pulled. No one crosses Kim Jongwoo and gets away with it." Said Jongwoo through his greeted teeth and then he spat in his face. Minho glared at him, straining against the bonds that held him.

There was a metal pole in front of Minho. Jinri was carried to the pole and tied to it. Jongwoo's men tied her ankles together, her arms behi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter