Sweet and surprised birthday

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11 – Sweet and surprised birthday

 

 * * * *

 

Over the next month, Minho went on a few more runs for Kim Jongwoo. Little by little, the chance was coming closer. Donghae and Eunhyuk were getting ready for the big day.

As for Jinri, ever since she was exposed to Jongwoo, she spent the night with Minho almost every night.

It was Jinri's birthday today. She woke up in Minho's bed to find herself alone. Confused, she got up to look for him. "Minho? Where are you?" Jinri walked around the rooms, still unable to find him.

She picked up her cell phone and dialed Minho's. When he didn't answer, she left him a voicemail. She waited another ten minutes before going to take a shower. A half hour later, she was dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She headed out of the room to her car.

Jinri was about to walk into the garage when Kim Jongwoo stopped her.

"Jinri. Good morning." Greeted Jongwoo.

"Good morning, Mr. Jongwoo. How are you?" Jinri smiled at him, offering a small polite bow.

"Oppa please. I thought I told you already to dispense with the pleasantries." Said Jongwoo, smiling.

Jinri smiled. "Okay. Oppa….so how are you? Well, you are up early, aren't you?"

"I'm doing well. And yes, I have something to attend but well, before that….." He paused and pulled a box out of his pocket. "Happy birthday, dear."

Jinri was surprised. She hesitantly took the box and carefully opened it. "Thank you, oppa. But you shouldn't have." She smiled at him and finally opened it but only let out a gasp at the sight of diamond necklace sparkled up at her, the necklace delicate and the pendant very beautiful. "Oh my lord…you shouldn't have. It's just a birthday."

"There is nothing much. Accept it Jinri or I will be upset that you don't like my little present for you." Said Jongwoo.

"Oh no, I love it. This must cost you so much and I just feel like I don't deserve such your big kindness." Said Jinri. She smiled sweetly at him. "Thank you so much, Jongwoo oppa."

"You're welcome, dear. C'mon..." Said Jongwoo. He took the necklace from her and clasped it around her neck. "There…It looks even more beautiful on you."

Jinri looked down at the necklace and beamed up at him. "Thank you oppa. It's beautiful."

Jongwoo smiled. "So where are you off to?"

"I had a few errands I need to run. I'm so glad it's not a school day." Answered Jinri as she chuckled.

Jongwoo laughed. "Okay then go run your errands. Make sure that Minho makes your birthday special. You deserve it. Have a great day, dear. I'm also going now." And with that, he walked away.

Jinri slipped into her car and pulled out of the garage, speeding down the road. Her phone sounded from the passenger seat. Jinri grabbed it and smiled when she saw Minho's number. "Hello?"

"Happy birthday, love." Said Minho from the other line.

"Thank you. Where are you?" Asked Jinri.

"Nowhere special. What are you doing?" Asked Minho, a smirk in his voice.

Jinri glanced at her watch and smiled. "I've got some errands to run. When are you going to be home?"

"Soon. Make sure you are free tonight. I have plans for you." Answered Minho. His voice held authority like command.

Jinri smiled and chuckling softly. "Is that going to be a surprise?"

"Definitely and you will know what is it later. Give me a few hours and everything will be ready. I'll call you when you can come home." Said Minho.

"All right. I can't wait for it." Said Jinri, excitement poured out of her voice. "Hey Minho, Kim Jongwoo just gave me a present this morning. The man has you beat. You better be able to make up for it."

"Really? What did he give you?" Asked Minho.

"A diamond necklace. It's beautiful." Said Jinri, smiling.

"Hmm….I really have him beat. Besides, I'm the one you love." Said Minho as he chuckled softly.

Jinri sighed dramatically. "This is true. All right, I'm on the way going to the store now. Call me when you're ready, okay?"

"I will. I love you." Said Minho.

Jinri smiled. "I love you, too."

"Happy birthday, love. Have a good day."

"Thanks. You have a good day, too. See you, love."

"Bye, babe."

Jinri hung up the phone and smiled alone like an idiot throughout her driving. She was very excited for what Minho had prepared for her birthday later. 10 minutes later, she arrived at her destination. Jinri walked into the mall where she spent the remainder of the day.

 

- - - -

 

Minho went back to the mansion, carrying a few bags.

Jongwoo spotted him and trailed behind him. "Minho. How are you today?"

"Very well hyung. You can guess." Said Minho as he smiled.

"Good. You just made me a very rich man this morning." Said Jongwoo. Minho just had gone on a huge drop early in the morning for him.

Minho smirked at Jongwoo. "You're welcome."

The elder laughed. "I can see you still are arrogant sometimes."

Minho laughed along and unlocked his door. "So what is next that can I do for you, hyung?"

Jongwoo nodded. "While I'm sure you have things to get done today, I need to talk to you."

Minho ushered him in. "Let's talk while I set up everything."

Jongwoo slipped inside before Minho and looked around. He chuckled. "I can tell Jinri has pretty much moved in."

Minho shut the door and smiled. "I know. She brought a lot of her things here and the only thing she hasn't brought is Choco."

"Who's Choco?" Asked Jongwoo.

"Her golden retriever."

"Really? A golden?" Chuckled Jongwoo as he shook his head. "She strikes me as a yappy dog kinda girl."

Minho had to laugh. "I said the same thing when I first met her. She told me that she did have a yappy dog before but it died."

Jongwoo nodded and he went to settle down on the couch, crossing his legs. "Well, going back to my intention. I have another job for you."

Minho set down the bags and looked over at Jongwoo. His face turned serious. "What is it?"

"The mob leader down in Daegu has some goods he wants to trade. You will have to go there to make the exchange." Ordered Jongwoo.

Minho took a few seconds, secretly studied Kim Jongwoo before shrugging. "All right. Give me details."

 

- - - -

 

Minho called Jinri and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello Minho?"

Minho chuckled, catching her bubbly, cheerful voice from the other end. "Hey, birthday girl. You finished with your errands?" Asked Minho.

"Yeah. I just finished. Can I go home now?"

Minho laughed. "No. Go to your house first."

Jinri smiled. "All right. Are you going to be there too?"

Minho smirked. "Maybe. Do you want me to be there?" He teased.

"I can't help it that I mis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter