A crescent moon and stars

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3 – A crescent moon and stars

 

* * * *

 

 

The week passed by slowly. By Friday, Jinri had started getting nervous about her tattoo. On Saturday, she started to get panicky. And finally Sunday had arrived, at the morning she was up by 7:30. She sat in her living room watching TV. Jinri had on a pair of baggy cotton bread pants and a sports bra. Sighing, she slipped on a loose t-shirt over her head.

At 9:30, her doorbell suddenly rang.

"Coming!" Yelled Jinri as she stood and shuffled to open the door.

Once the door flew open, she was greeted by a smiling Minho. He was standing there with his hands hiding inside his pocket. He was wearing a denim shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows. The few buttons were undone as he had a red-blue striped T-shirt inside. Minho had the shirt tuck into the waist of his pants.

Man! He looked so damn handsome and y.

"Good morning, Jinri. How are you doing?" Greeted Minho.

"I'm fine. What are you here so early for?" Asked Jinri. She ruffled her hair in the way of trying to be immune to his charm. Then she stepped back to let him in.

Minho unhesitatingly stepped inside and he glanced over the living room. "Hmm…..I figured that you'd be a nervous wreck, so here I am to comfort you."

Strangely moved by his blunt statement, Jinri smiled up at him. "Well thank you for thinking of me. And yes, I am a nervous wreck. I hate pain and I hate needles. So, I honestly don't know why I'm doing this."

Minho turned to smile at her. "Because you wanted to. Now, don't do it if you are going to regret it. They hurt more to remove it than to get it."

Frowning, Jinri wrinkled her nose. "Really?"

Minho nodded. "Really. It hurts like hell. Anyways…..What kind of tattoo do you want?"

Jinri smiled. "I want a tattoo of a fairy. Then I want the words which say…." She didn't even finish her statement when Minho cut her off.

"Not a good idea." Minho shook his head.

"Why not?" Frowned Jinri.

"For starters, that will cost a fortune. And, that will take forever and hurt a lot." Reasoned Minho and he crossed his arms. "How about just the small fairy? Or a butterfly?"

Jinri sighed and sat down on the couch. "I don't know what I want. This is harder than I thought."

Minho laughed and sat down next to her. "Well then, where do you want the tattoo?"

"Umm…..where's the least sensitive part?"

"Nowhere." He smirked.

Jinri sighed. "All right. I want one on my lower back." She stood up and lifted up her shirt, exposing her smooth, bare skin.

Minho in a breath and he couldn't help but gently brushed his strong fingers against her back. "There?"

Jinri nodded quickly. "Yes. Do you think what should I get better?" She looked at him over her shoulder.

Smiled Minho sweetly, loving the way she asked him opinion. "A butterfly?! They are small and delicate, yet beautiful. Naturally beautiful." Jinri's eyes widened a little as she looked at him. Minho's eyes locked tenderly with hers as he added, "Like you, Jinri."

Jinri bit her lower lip and turned her body to face him, her shirt dropping. Minho smiled. "Or a crescent moon with stars."

Jinri ginned back at him as she nodded. "I like that one. The moon and the stars. It's romantic. All right, let's get going now before I lose my nerve."

Minho chuckled softly. He stood up and motioned her towards the door. "Lady's first."

Jinri grabbed her purse and headed towards the front door. She waited until Minho had walked outside to lock the door. They headed to his car and were soon on their way.

 

Jinri twisted her hands together in her lap, staring out the window. And before she knew it, Minho had his car parked outside the tattoo parlor.

Minho stepped out of the car and walked over to her side. He helped her down. "You ready?"

Jinri looked up at Minho who was smiling. A gentle smile which somehow could calm her nerve a little bit. "Yeah. God, I'm being such a baby. Okay, let's go."

Minho smirked and followed Jinri inside.

One of the artists looked up. "Hey Minho! My man! How's it going, dude?"

Minho smiled and slapped hands with the older man. "Heechul hyung, how are you doing? I'm glad you are still working. I brought a new customer." He moved and motioned towards Jinri.

Jinri smiled and bowed. "Hi, I'm Jinri."

Heechul smiled and extended his hand. Jinri gladly took it and shook it firmly. "I'm Kim Heechul. Minho and I go way back."

Jinri glanced to Minho before she replied, "Well, that's nice. How long have you been doing this?" She gestured around the store.

Heechul shrugged. "Ten years or so."

"Wow! That long?!" Said Jinri, amused.

Minho stood there, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched Jinri. He smiled softly alone to how she was full of curiousness. She kept nodding, questioning Heechul in a subtle way of conversation. Minho watched as Heechul leaned forward to Jinri. Suddenly for some unexplainable reason, he felt a bit annoyed of such gesture between them.

"Are you finished interrogating me? I promise you that you'll have the best looking tattoo. And, everything here is the clea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter