Finale

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Finale

 

 * * * *

 

The day of the wedding was beautiful. It was the middle of fall, the leaves had turned to reds, browns, and oranges. The air was cool. Minho and Jinri decided to have their wedding in the backyard of their house.

Jinri and her mother were in the bedroom, getting ready. Amber slipped inside, carrying a small box. She smiled brightly at the beautiful bride. "Hey. How are you feeling?"

"God! Amber, I'm so nervous but also good. Btw have you seen Minho?" Asked Jinri, standing up to look at herself in the mirror, she took a deep breath, smoothing her dress down.

Amber nodded along with chuckle. She knew Jinri was simply nervous to just sit down properly. "Yes I saw him earlier. He eagerly wants to get the show on the road yet he's as nervous as you. But that absolutely cannot hide his excitement which written all over his face that, 'I want to get married."

Jinri smiled at Amber and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Blushing softly, she sighed contently. "I want to get married, too."

"Then let's get you ready sweetie, so we can finally get a son-in-law." Said Jinri's mother with a tearful smile.

 

 

Minho stood outside in their backyard, his hands in his pockets. Jonghyun walked up to him and smiled. "So how are you?"

Minho rolled his eyes. "Ready to do this. What's taking so long?"

Laughed Jonghyun as he shook his head. "C'mon, you aren't supposed to be so eager man. Jinri is a woman, if you haven't noticed because today is a special day. It will take her an extra long time to get ready."

Minho nodded and then sighed. "I can't wait to see her in her dress. I can only imagine what it looks like."

"Beautiful like her. Don't worry, Minho. Everything will be okay. You'll see." Assured Jonghyun.

Minho released a deep breath out of nervousness, though he couldn't wait to see Jinri adorned beautifully in the wedding dress and most specially he was waiting for the moment he make her his officially.

The minister suddenly appeared and smiled at Minho, motioning them to go back towards the beginning of the makeshift aisle. The wedding party made their way down the aisle, lining up next to the minister. Minho took his place up front and turned to search for his bride. As the wedding march started, everyone stood up and turned around.

Jinri smiled up at her dad and linked arms with him. They started down the aisle in time with the music playing. She turned her attention to Minho and smiled sweetly.

Minho stared at her in daze. Jinri was a vision in her wedding dress. The dress was strapless and heart shaped, material bunched between her chest. From there, a gauzy material split down the middle and flared out over the satin dress. Small beaded flowers emphasized the top and then on the gauzy material there were small lines and bursts of the same beaded flowers. Her hair was pulled up in haphazard waves, a few falling to frame her face. Jinri was utterly beautiful.

Minho smiled at her, love washing over him greatly. Her dad lifted Jinri's veil and kissed her cheek before slipping her hand into Minho's.

Minho threaded his fingers through hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. She squeezed it back and smiled up at him before looking at the minister.

The wedding began and they were soon married. The minister smiled. "Do you, Jinri, take Minho to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, till death do you part?"

Jinri smiled with unshed tears of happiness in her eyes. "I do."

The minister turned to Minho. "And do you, Minho, take Jinri to be your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, till death do you part?"

Minho grinned, looking at Jinri. "I do."

"Then with the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. May I present to you Mr. And Mrs. Choi. Minho, you may now kiss your bride."

"Finally…" Muttered Minho before he grabbed Jinri, pulling her flush against his chest, kissing her deeply. The crowd roared with applause and whistles.

Jinri threw her arms around his neck and kissed him back. When they finally broke apart, they were both smiling and laughing. Jinri blushed and walked back down the aisle with Minho so they could take pictures before the reception.

Minho latched onto Jinri's hand and tugged her close. "I love you. You look very beautiful by the way."

Jinri smiled. "I love you, too. And thanks, you look mighty fine in your tux." Said Jinri as then she bit her lips. "We'll have to make this a short reception."

Minho laughed and hugged her close. "Oh Jinri.…what am I gonna do with you?"

"Love me!" Laughed Jinri and held him close. "Come on, the reception's gonna start."

 

After everyone ate their food, it was time for Jinri and Minho's first dance as a married couple. The DJ cued the music to Michael Buble's 'You and I.'

Minho pulled Jinri into his arms and secured one arm around her waist, his other holding onto her small hand. Jinri looked up into his eyes and smiled. They held each other's affectionate gazes which were speaking their own language of love.

"Here we are

On Earth together

It's you and I

God has made us fall in love

It's true

I've really found someone like you

Will it stay

The love you feel for me

Will you say

That you will be by my side

To see me through

Until my life is through

Well in my mind

We can conquer the world

In love you and I

You and I, you and I…

I'm glad

At least in my life

I've found someone

That may not be here forever

To see me through

But I found my strength in you

Ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter