Missing piece

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 13 – Missing piece

 

 * * * *

 

The halls were white and the smell sterile. Beeping was the only sound that heard in the quiet wing of the hospital.

A nurse walked down the hallway and slipped inside a room. Minho looked up as the nurse walked in. She smiled comfortingly at him. "Hi Minho."

In return Minho smiled back but it didn't reach his eyes. "Hi Fany noona. How are you today?"

"I'm doing all right. How about yourself?" Asked Tiffany as she lifted up a chart and looked at it, then she glanced at the machines.

"I've been better." Said Minho as he sighed. Who knew better other than himself that it was a lie. He honestly had never been better. "How is she today?" He asked quietly.

Tiffany looked down at Jinri, lying lifelessly on the hospital bed. Various machines were hooked up to her, the beeping was steady. "She's doing good. Her pulse is strong."

Minho nodded and slipped his hands over one of Jinri's. He gently rubbed it and then leaned down to kiss it.

Tiffany smiled sadly. She had watched Minho for the past two weeks. Her heart broke every time he asked how his girlfriend was doing. How she wished that she could make Jinri wake up and be okay.

"Minho, maybe you should go home and rest up for a bit. We'll call you immediately if there is anything changes." Offered Tiffany.

Minho shook his head. "I can't leave her. I put her in this situation and I'm going to be here when she wakes up."

Tiffany walked over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders. She sighed. "Minho, listen to an older woman. Just go home. Take a decent shower and eat some good food. And then sleep for more than a half of an hour on a real bed. In current state you need to be at your full strength when she wakes up. You're going to have to take care of her, right? You won't be able to if you are worn down."

"But--"

"Jinri also wouldn't want to see you like this Minho." Said Tiffany to cut him off.

Minho looked up at Tiffany and then sighed. He looked back at Jinri and touched her head. "Fine. She twitches and you call me right away. Okay?"

Tiffany nodded with a smile of relief. "I'll call you, I promise. Go rest up."

Minho slowly stood up and stretched. He leaned down and kissed Jinri on the forehead. "I love you." He whispered.

Tiffany sadly watched as Minho headed down the hallway restlessly. She looked back at Jinri and sighed. "Get well, Jinri. He misses you a lot. Please wake up."

 

- - - -

 

Minho would come and go the next few weeks. Hospital had been like his permanent house now. Jinri had slipped into a coma after she had been shot. She had been in the hospital for the past month and a half. And Minho was constantly there everyday, sitting with her and talking to her.

One day, Minho walked down the hallway where Jinri's room was. He saw Tiffany came rushing up to him. Minho frowned. "Noona, what's wrong?"

"It's Jinri." Said Tiffany but she didn't even get to finish yet, Minho immediately ran off to Jinri's room.

Minho pushed the door opened only to find the empty white bed. Blood seemed to colorless from his face. His heart almost stopped beating at the moment he didn't find Jinri anywhere in her room. "Jinri…."

Tiffany came behind him and touched his shoulder. He turned to look at her. "She started moving about ten minutes ago. Then, she started screaming your name. I tried to call you. But, I think you had already walked into the hospital. Don't worry, the doctors just rushed her down for testing."

Minho didn't k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter