Where it all started

The Dark and Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1 – Where it all started

 

 * * * *

 

Choi Jinri cautiously walked inside, her eyes grew wide, scanning the bar, one of new environments out of many which she had never been before. Clouds of smoke swirled around. Men and women clustered around bustling, drinking beer. Music rumbled out of the speakers.

Jinri took a deep breath and walked over to the bar. She settled herself down on the stool, trying to be causal as much as she could muster.

"Welcome my lady! What do you want?" Asked a guy as he approached her to stand behind the counter.

Jinri looked at the cute blonde guy that stood before her. "Um…a water please."

The blonde raised a brow, an amused smirk playing on his lips. "You aren't from around here, are you? I've never seen you here before." He slid the glass of water over to her.

"H-huh?! Oh…I'm just… looking for something." Responded Jinri as she took a sip of the cool liquid. She set it down and straightened her button up pink shirt.

The blonde guy smirked. "I'm sure, you are new to this. This is definitely your first time here, isn't it? And if you join us here now, just relax okay?" And with that, he moved on to the next customer.

Jinri blinked and she looked down at her ironed pink shirt and black pants. She had a pair of strappy stilettos on, her toenails painted to match her shirt. She frowned and drank some more of the water.

Choi Minho stood at the back of the bar, his muscled forearms crossed over his hard chest. His steel brown eyes had been locking on the brunette woman in pink ever since she walked inside. He almost laughed out loud when she ordered water. Kim Jonghyun, the blonde bartender looked over at him and shrugged. Minho raised an eye brow at him and smirked before he walked to his office, shutting the door behind.

Jinri looked around the bar again and sighed. What was she doing here? What and who was she trying to prove? She was in a bar and had ordered water for Christ's sake!

Oh yes right, she wanted to change something in her life, out with the good and in with the bad.

Biting her lower lip, Jinri ed the two buttons of her pink shirt, showing off a little of the top swells of her chest. She ran a hand through her long almost black hair and ruffled it a bit. She made eye contact with the bartender earlier and he walked over to her.

"What can I get you?" Asked Jonghyun, taking in her appearance.

"What hard liquors do you have?" Asked Jinri.

"Whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila…whatever you want."

"All right…how about a whiskey then?"

Jonghyun smiled. "I think I'll mix that with some soda for you."

"Whatever." Said Jinri as she nodded, watching him mix the alcoholic drink for her as then she pulled out the bill.

Jonghyun stopped her and shook his head. Sliding the drink to Jinri, he said, "On the house, lady. I have a feeling it's your first drink ever."

Jinri raised her eyes brow and picked up the glass. "Are you kidding me? Of course not!" And with that, she downed the drink.

Jonghyun crossed his arms over his chest as Jinri noticed his unconvincing stare. She coughed and tried to in a breath.

Jinri finally got herself under control, she smiled sheepishly at him and shrugged. "Well, maybe you're right." Admitted Jinri.

Jonghyun nodded as he chuckled. "I know a right away whenever I see one. I am Kim Jonghyun by the way."

Jinri blinked as her eyes widened. Did she hear it right? How could this blonde even tell that? And moreover, it wasn't like a proper thing to comment about. She stared at him. Wasn't he more than this scary despite his handsome look?!

Jonghyun laughed at her reaction. "I meant a drinker."

Jinri relaxed as she rolled her eyes. Looking at Jonhyun, a small smile spread across her lips. "Oh…Well, I'm not anymore, am I? You're funny, Jonghyun. And I'm Jinri."

"It's nice to be the one who served you your first drink, Miss Jinri."

Throughout the next few hours, Jinri drank several more mixed drinks. It had become her favorite for the night. By the time, it was almost closing time when Jinri decided to leave.

"Thanks Jonghyun. You've been a great companion so far. Best service." Said Jinri as she smiled widely at him. Her eyes glazed over.

Jonghyun nodded and smiled. "Come back again next time Miss Jinri and I'll mix some more drinks for you."

Jinri laughed and stumbled off her seat. "Okay, I will."

As Jinri made her way to the door, she suddenly was intercepted by two burly men.

"Hello baby! Going home?" Asked the taller guy.

Jinri looked at them. "Yes I am. And what is it to you? Now please move." She sided step to walk pass them.

The shorter one grabbed her arms and pulled her back. "Why are you in hurry? And it likely you are tipsy baby. How about going home with one of us tonight?"

Jinri looked down at the hands on her arms, then up at the man. She started struggling against him. "That's repulsive. Let go of me this instant!"

Jonghyun looked over at Jinri. Groaning, he immediately went to bang on Minho's office door. "Minho! Those two goons are back and harassing one of our customers!"

Minho was out the door in a flash. His big brown eyes had turned hard. "Those bastards are back? Why didn't anyone tell me when they walked in?"

"Well, I didn't see them, boss. I was keeping Jinri entertained the last hours." Said Jonghyun.

Minho raised an eye brow. "Who's Jinri?"

"The pink girl." Smirked Jonghyun.

Minho rolled his eyes  and then turned in time to see the two men push Jinri between them. Then the taller one pulled the lady to his chest in force. The shorter one didn't like that and tried to pull her back.

Minho immediately rushed over to them but he didn't reach them in time as the shorter one managed to tear Jinri's shirt almost completely off. Jinri cried out in shock and slapped the man harshly on the cheek. She backed away from the two of them and bumped into a hard wall. She whirled around quickly and saw the wall was actually a chest, covered in a black t-shirt that hugged every inch of that sculpted chest. Then she looked up. Way up until two pair of eyes collided.

Minho instantly felt something spark inside as their eyes met. It was like he was being punched in the stomach. However he managed to get his emotions in check, then offered her a kind smile. "I'll get rid of them."

Jinri watched in amazement as the mysterious man grabbed the two erts by the neck and squeezed. He started towards the door.

"Didn't I tell you to never come back here again?" Said Minho. He shoved them out of the bar entrance and followed them, closing the door b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter