Epilogue- Ten Years Later in Korea

Taming the Dragon

Double update, so read the last chapter if you haven't already.

 

  Jenna settled into her padded chair on the front porch with her cup of tea and smiled as she watched her not so little babies playing with the other neighborhood children. Jareth and Julian were jabbering away in their usual mix of Korean and English, which most of the kids had picked up over the years, in Michigan as well as Korea. They appeared to be rounding everyone up to collect and set up chairs for some kind of performance. Known as Rhythm and Rhyme from the time they were seven, they had definitely inherited their father's love of performing, and had his talent of singing, dancing, and rapping as well as writing their own lyrics. The only problem they had from their early birth was some trouble with their school work, but with help from their home tutor they were overcoming that.

  "Hey! Are we late? We were told there was going to be something special here today!" Jiyong's loud voice startled Jenna as she was busy watching the kids and hadn't heard the cars pull up.

  "APPA! UNCLES!" Jareth and Julian squealed and bolted for the BigBang members who had just come back from a six week reunion tour, after several years of solo projects, though they always stayed close. The two boys practically knocked over Jiyong hugging him, then just as enthusiastically tackled their uncles, Jareth to Seunghyun and Julian to Youngbae.

  "Hey! Where are my hugs?" Daesung pouted.

  "And where's my sweetheart?" Seungri called.

  "Coming Appa! Uncle Dae!" Jeremy answered, proudly and slowly making his way toward the group, with his new wrap around walker. Years of intense physical therapy had finally paid off when they boy could finally walk on his own. He'd sworn his mother to secrecy, wanting to surprise his father and BigBang uncles then they got back. Jiyong had tears in his eyes and a smile on his face as he gently hugged his youngest son, who was then practically squashed by a crying Daesung.

  "Appa! Panda!" Joy squealed as Jenna pushed her wheelchair over to the others. She held up her arms for hugs and kisses. The precious little girl they hadn't known to expect had the biggest challenges, unable to walk and limited verbal skills, but had the sweetest smile, the gentlest nature, and with some help from her occupational therapists to control her hands had the ability to play anything on a piano or keyboard after hearing it once. Jiyong hugged his little girl and kissed her cheek before she threw her arms around her favorite "Uncle Panda."

  "So everyone, what is this special performance Julian texted us about?" Youngbae asked once the greeting ruckus calmed down.

  Jareth answered, even though he'd already taken over pushing his sister's wheelchair back toward where the other kids had set up, not only chairs but Jeremy's custom drum set and Joy's keyboard.

  "Mama, Appa, Uncles, will you please go sit down? Julian, you've got 'Jeremy right?" Jareth then carefully pushed Joy into the garage their had converted into a studio for them so the kids could do their own thing and make as much music or racket as they wanted.

  "Yes Hyung we're coming!" Julian and Jeremy yelled back, "but we cannae push no faster cap'n!" The adults all laughed at the skewed Star Trek reference as they went to go sit down.

  "Hurry Oppas!" Joy demanded as the two younger boys finally disappeared into the studio.

  A little while later, the four reappeared, now identically dressed in black jeans, plain black t shirts like Jareth and Julian wore as Rhythm and Rhyme, and black boots. Jareth was carrying his bass guitar and was now walking next to Jeremy, while Julian had taken over pushing Joy, who had some colored bandanas in her lap. Julian settled her at her keyboard and took two of the bandanas, while Jareth helped Jeremy get comfortable at his drum set and moved his walker out of the way. Julian walked over to his brothers and handed each of them a bandana, then went back to their sister. He pulled his cordless microphone out of his back pocket and switched it on.

  "Ladies and Gentlemen! We have gathered you here today for the debut of a new musical act. Four kids, all brothers and sister! You've heard of the famous brother duo Rhythm and Rhyme right?" The audience cheered and whistled. "Well, now may I present them with their brother and sister as the Kwon Quads! Give it up for Jareth on bass!" The oldest waved before tying his black bandana around his head. "Me, Julian, who turned out to have the biggest mouth even though my younger brother talked first!" He tied his own white bandana while everyone laughed at how his introduced himself. "The soon to be just as famous Jeremy on drums!" The youngest boy tied his purple bandana. "And last but not least, our Surprise! The Panda's Sweetheart! We're proud to be her Oppas! On keyboard it's Joy!" Julian grinned as he set his microphone down to help Joy tie her yellow bandana, then picked it up again and moved closer to the audience to continue.

  "This first song is dedicated to our father and Korean uncles, whom some of you might know from some little group called BigBang." Ther was more cheering. "Sadly, our Michigan uncles cannot be here. However, we especially want to acknowledge a very special woman, who helped raise a brat, loved a manboy, married a dragon, and made him an appa. If she hadn't come to tame that dragon, we wouldn't be here. Thank you so much Mama!" The others chimed in agreement at the end of their brother's speech before launching into their first original song.

  It was hard to say who was crying more at their children's dedication and performance, Jenna and Jiyong. When they finished their short concert, Jareth piggybacked Jeremy since it was faster and Julian pushed Joy over to their parents, who practially smothered them in hugs and kisses they were so touched.

  Later, after all their guests left and the kids were in bed, Jenna and Jiyong cuddled together on the couch. The dragon spoke first.

  "Who knew my Noona's visit would lead to all this? I love you Yeobo."

  Jenna answered. "You grew up well JiJi. I love you too." She kissed her dragon as they snuggled closer together, completely happy.

 

A/N *bursts into tears* I almost hate to end it.I'm going to miss them so much, but Jenna and Jiyong's story is complete. I hope you enjoyed it my dear readers. I love you all. KE