Chapter K

Taming the Dragon

  Once Jenna had finished thinking about everything that had happened the day before she rolled over so she could nuzzle her dragon awake. My dragon she thought, burrowing her face in his chest before kissing her way up to his throat, and finally his lips. "Mmm" Jiyong purred, opening his eyes finally. Smiling, he kissed her back. "Morning Noona."

  "Morning JiJi. How're you feeling?"

  "Like I could just stay like this in bed with you all day."

  "I love that idea, but we should probably to the food thing at some point."

  "If we must, but guess what Noona?"

  "What?"

  "I love you."

  "I love you too JiJi."

  Eventually, they scraped themselves out of bed and got dressed. Not wanting to separate from Jenna for even a moment, especially after the prior night's confessions, Jiyong followed her into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her waist. Jenna just smiled, happy to still see traces of her boy in her love, as she threw together what was closer to lunch than breakfast they'd stayed in bed so long.

  The couple had just settled down to eat when the door banged open and a cheerful "Hey Red! You two decent?" echoed through the house.

  "In here Gay Man! Want some lunch?"

  "I brought Mommy with me. You sure you two are wearing pants?"

  "Yes you smart . Grab plates if you want food."

  There was some banging in the kitchen before Jenna's overly bouncy best friend pranced in, dragging another, larger bald man who was less hairy with him.

  "Hi you two. Why the hell are you here? I thought you were going to give us some peace."

   "A- I missed your cooking. 2- I wanted to remind you of that ticket you need to go pay. 3rd- Mommy wanted to meet your dragon. Last- I wanted to know if you two blew through that box yet, cause I have more."

  "Sheech Gay Man! We aren't rabbits! Mind out of the gutter please! And BigBang sent a box as well. I swear, I only know a bunch of erts."

  Jiyong broke in then. "Mommy?"

  "Sorry Ji, this is Ester, Kale's other half. We started calling him Mommy last summer when I was being a brat while we were out shopping together. Mommy this is Jiyong, my huh, what should I call him? Oh yeah, my boyfriend."

  Jiyong turned bright red at being called his beloved Noona's boyfriend, while the other two wolf-whistled and teased Jenna til she finally snapped.

  "Enough you two! Now, can we please eat like civilized people? Yeah, I should drop by the courthouse today before I forget, again. Thanks for reminding me. I should probably get groceries too since JiJi's here and I don't have many of his favorites."

  "While you're at the courthouse, maybe you should apply for your marriage license since it takes three days, unless Jiyong doesn't have a copy of his birth certificate translated."

  At the mention of marriage, the new couple blushed and were suddenly very interested in their food.

  After lunch, the four cleaned up, then Jenna quickly shooed her friends out the door. "Begone foul beasts! Come back when you can be sensible." She then went looking for Jiyong, who had disappeared. She found him on the bed, studying something intently. She sat down next to him, laying her head on his shoulder. "What'cha reading?"

  "Noona my love, do you get the feeling we're being set up for something? Bae said he included a copy of my birth certificate "just in case" when my passport should have been enough. There are official Korean and English copies."

  "It does sound like it. Aren't they getting ahead of themselves, and why is it their business when it concerns us? If it ever happens, aren't we supposed to date, and you propose first? That's how it worked for me the first time."

  "True, it's our business, and dating and proposing is how it normally goes."

  "Well, come on. Let's forget our pushy friends and just be us. I need to go pay a ticket for rear-ending somebody, and then I'll drag you grocery shopping."

  What neither of them said out loud was how they were thinking about what Jenna's friends had said and how YoungBae had "accidentally" made that possible.