Chapter 8

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARA

 

"Hello?"

"Mara-ya, I'm in front of SK Group. Where are you?" Jongin asked me.

"Jongin-"

"Mara-sshi, can you not talk to him?" My boss interrupted, which I'm pretty sure, Jongin heard. "Mara-sshi, can't you see me? Can't you tell that I like you? I'm right in front of you, but why is it always him?"

My eyes enlarged from what my boss said. "Su... Suho-sshi."

"Mara-ya..." Jongin said over the phone. "Who's that? Are you dating someone?"

Before I even get to answer Jongin's questions, Kim Suho walked up to me and grabbed my phone out of my hands. "I love you, Song Mara." He said and hang up the phone.

"Suho-sshi..." I was left dumbfounded with what he said. Kim Suho. My boss, Kim Suho, is in love with me.

"Song Mara-sshi... I..."

"What you said... it's not true, right Sir?" I asked him to make sure.

My boss gave me an embarrassed smile and returned my phone back. He scratched the nape of his neck and said, "Was that convincing, Mara-sshi?"

"Neh?"

"To me it sounded like it." Suho-sshi said and put his hands in his pockets and reminded himself of what he did a few seconds ago. "I came in the right timing. Then, I made a confession to a woman when she's talking to her ex-lover. Lastly, I purposely made sure that he heard me say 'I love you.' before I hang up the phone. Convincing, right?" Suho-sshi looked at me and gave me an angelic smile.

I was relieved. Kim Suho is not in love with me. He's just being a nice person again. I've been relying on him for 2 years and it hurts me that I can't do anything for him.

"It was pretty convincing, Sir." I said. "But, what if-"

"He asks you who that was?" Suho-sshi finished my questions for me.

I nodded.

"Tell him it was me." He confidently said.

"No, Sir. It would be too burdensome for you. I already dragged you in my problems a little too much. I don't want you to-"

"Drag me in your problem as much as you can, Song Mara-sshi. I don't care. I want to do everything for you."

He said another shocking statement. I really couldn't reply to him, so I just changed the subject, even though I knew it was rude. "Where do you want to eat for lunch, Sir?"

My boss and I decided to go to the restaurant we went to the day before. It was his favorite restaurant, but it felt awkard to go there with him. It was a place that exactly tells you that it's only for wealthy people. Another thing about the restaurant is that it was filled with couples eating together, so it was really awkward.

When the waiter collected our orders, I tried to look around the place more and get familiar with it. Yes, I've eaten with my boss a couple of times, but we were with other people. Yesterday was supposed to be the first, but CEO Wu and his secretary came.

"Mara-sshi, are you okay?" Suho-sshi asked. He probably noticed that I was feeling really uncomfortable at the moment.

"Ah~ neh." I replied.

"Mara-sshi, what I said earlier when you were talking to your ex, I..." He sighed. "I didn't mean it, so please don't feel uncomfortable around me."

"It's not that, Sir. It's really not."

"Then, what?"

"Next time, can we eat somewhere else? I feel really uncomfortable in this place. We should also bring Kim Min Seok-sshi or other workers from the office." I offered.

"Mara-sshi... since when have you been so uncomfortable around me?"

"Neh?"

"Please stop. We've been working together for 2 years. It's natural that I treat you to a grand meal once in a while." He smiled again, which made me feel really guilty.

"Neh, but..."

"But?"

"Can I please pay for our bill today? You even did me that favor to trick Jongin into thinking that I'm seeing someone, when I'm really not."

"You are, if only you can see me." Suho said and laughed to himself. "This is why Kris hates me sometimes. I joke around a lot, you see. And go ahead. I was gonna ask you to pay for today anyways since I left my card at home."

I just gave my boss a smile. He was a true angel that was brought down from heaven. He's not uncomfortable to be around, it's just me who makes things uncomfortable. Kim Suho's a nice guy. I really envy the girl he likes and will marry in the future. She sure is lucky to have someone like him.

 

KRIS

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Chairman Wu." Song Mara formally bowed to my grandfather and put her head down t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter