Chapter 15

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRIS

 

Everyone had a blast tonight and by "a blast," I mean everyone was pretty much wasted. I didn't drink much since I was one of the youngest ones there and I know that I'm going to be held responsible for my seniors. It was a thing in our group. There was this one night when I had to drive everyone back home after having a boy's night out. I don't really drink much because I can't handle alcohol that well. I don't even think I've ever been drunk before.

And seriously, I've been on millions of business trips, but it was never like this. It was a change. Everyone was working, but at the same time, they find time to hang out and have fun with their co-workers. My definition of business trips before was purely work, work, work and nothing else. This Jeju trip is really a change in my lifestyle profession. It was the... good kind of change.

There were a couple of us who weren't really that drunk, but only me and Song Mara were eligible to drive since we only had a few sips. We just volunteered since the others might get tested for their blood alcohol level if they drove.

I came out of the restaurant with the last person in my group, his arms hanging around my shoulders, obviously had a little too much to drink. I tried to open the car door and got him inside and closed the door back again. When I turned to the restaurant, I saw Song Mara assisting one of her male co-workers like how I was doing earlier to get to Hyojin's car.

"Beautiful Mara-sshi~" The guy said in a tune to Mara. "Gorgeous Mara-sshi~ you have such a beautiful voice~ Hmm~ You smell so good too." He was too drunk to realized what he was doing and he was slowly closing the space between him and Mara. I had to do something.

"Hee Jeon-sshi..." Mara tried to move away from him.

I know he's not in the right mind, so I just walked up to Mara and one of our co-workers and grabbed him from her and assisted him myself. "Come here, Hee Jeon-sshi. You did a great job tonight, so let's get you home, okay?"

"Neh~ beautiful Kris-sshi~ Hmm~ you smell good too!" He exclaimed while losing his balance.

"Mara-sshi, will you tell on me if dropped him on the floor and pick him back up?" I asked Mara.

I saw her smile and said, "Kris-sshi, just put him in the car. I'll drive all of them home."

"Okay." I said and opened the car Mara's going to use to take her group mates home.

She walked towards me so she could finally go and drive her co-workers back home. She opened the car door, but I closed it.

"Mara-sshi..."

She looked at me.

"What you said in the elevator... I know you mean it. And I know I'm the worse, but... I really don't know what to say."

"Usually, to make a friend Kris-sshi, you just approach them and have a casual talk. In no time, that person would warm up to you and would treat you like how you want to be treated." She lectured me.

"I know... but... uhm... tonight? Would you like to drink with me at the bar in our hotel? They had their fun. Now it's our turn." I said referring to the wasted people inside Hyojin's car.

She smiled at me. "Sure. I'll meet you there after driving everyone back."

"Thanks Mara-sshi."

 

MARA

 

It was such a good night for everyone. Today marks our 3rd Sunday in Jeju. We have one week left and that's when the project ends and that's when we go back to our respective places in Seoul.

When I was taking out one of my co-workers to the car, he was so close to me to the extent that it felt really uncomfortable. Luckily, Kris Wu was there to take him to the car instead to get him away from me at that kind of state. You see, the form of manners that he has sometimes just surprises me.

We agreed to meet at the bar in our hotel to grab a drink for ourselves as well. It was easy since we were at our hotel and we just need to get back to our room and sleep, no driving involved.

I was on my way back to the hotel in a taxi cab since I had to return Hyojin's car. When I came out in front of the hotel, Kris Wu was also just getting out of a taxi cab as well. We both didn't have cars. We've been living like that for 3 weeks and no problem hasn't come up yet with carpooling... Well, tomorrow might be the first since everyone might be so hangover to function.

"Did everyone got home safely?" I asked Kris Wu when we were walking inside the hotel side by side.

"Yeah. What about you?"

"Yeah. They're all back in their hotels."

"We both suffered. Why did we have to be the youngest?" He asked. "Aren't the eldest usually the ones taking care of the youngest?"

I smiled. I guess he really wasn't familiar with the sunbae/hoobae business. "Not in this business, Kris-sshi."

We went inside the dimly lit bar and sat on one of the stools by the counter where the barista was.

"Should we go strong today?" He asked me and I assumed that he could really drink like me since he asked. I for one could handle alcohol extremely well. I guess I got used to the taste after drowning my soul with it after my break up with Kim Jongin.

"Sure." I said.

"The strongest one you have." He told the barista and in no time, we were given two glasses that contained the strongest alcohol in the room.

I grabbed the drink and took a sip. It was really strong. It was so bitter and I felt it burn my throat once I swallowed it, but it didnt matter. Alcohol is alcohol.

Kris also took a sip after watching me, but I could tell that he didn't like it very much though he was trying to hide it. "Good." He lied.

I just gave him a smile. "...Kris-sshi... about the song from earlier..."

"I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter