Chapter 19

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRIS

 

After that night when both Kai and Suho found out about my relationship with Mara, I felt many things. I felt awful when my best friend called me a betrayer. I was angry at Kai for labeling me many things in front of Mara, though it wasn't true and lastly, I felt relieved that Mara was willing to fight for our relationship as well. Yes, I know she doesn't quite love me yet as much as I love her, but right now, I want her to forget. That same night when we slept in each others arms, she couldn't handle it and slept in her room leaving me in the living room by myself and I respected that. I know it's not that easy, but I'm glad she didn't give up on me that easily.

We found out that both Suho and Kai left to Seoul that same night when the truth was revealed. It was time for me and Mara to go back and face everyone back in Seoul as well since everything in Jeju was already settled. The month has been really long, but I realized many things as I actually get to experience hands-on work like the other workers who I just command when I was still the CEO. I don't even want the position back anymore, though it may be nice to have it. I mean I know my dad will force me sooner or later to take it back from Kai and I have no choice, but to do what I'm told. I have to if I want to keep Mara by my side though.

Our plane landed at the airport on a really cold day. Both Mara and I were wrapped up in very thick clothing to avoid being frozen to death. we got our bags from the conveyor belts and was on our way out of the airport.

"Mara-ya."

"Neh?"

"Nothing would change between us now that we're here in Seoul, right?"

She nodded and gave me a smile.

I placed my arms on her shoulders and pulled her closer to me. "We can do this, okay? You promise you won't let go?"

"I won't.  I promise." She said. "Are you getting picked up by your chauffeur?"

"Nope. Perks of being a normal employee." I snickered. "At least you can invite me to your place." I gave her a mischievous smile.

"Not today. I have to stop by at my grandma's house since I haven't seen her in a month." She informed me. "You should go home as well, Kris-sshi. I'm sure your family missed you."

"Okay, fine. I'll call you, okay?" I said and courageously grabbed her hand and pecked the back of it. "I love you, Mara-sshi."

She just gave a smile. She's not ready yet. "I'll see you next time, Kris-sshi."

 

MARA

 

"Halmoni? Halmoni?" I called once I entered my grandmother's house after coming back from Jeju Island. That month was long and I only saw her through video chat... which my boss played a big part of.

"Mara?" My grandmother called back and I saw her coming from the kitchen. "Mara-ya!!!" She walked up to me and gave me a tight hug. "Aigoo~ my little girl. I missed you so much. How have you been? Aigoo~" She held both of my cheeks and looked at my face intently, so I just gave her a smile. "My little one, you lost a lot of weight. I know there's a lot of good food in Jeju, but why did you lose weight. You're already skinny enough."

"Aigoo~ my halmoni. Always worrying. Tsk." I scolded her. "I'm fine. Your granddaughter ate so much she was going to explode." I said and smiled. I kissed her cheek and hugged her again. "I missed you, halmoni."

She patted my multiple times like she always do and said, "Okay, okay. Enough of this. You came just in time because I made soup."

"Assa!" I cheered since I haven't tasted my grandmother's homemade soup in a long time. Heck, I'm just realizing I haven't had a home cooked meal in so long.

I took my winter coat off and hang it in my grandmother's racket and went straight to the dining table after washing my hands. I started stuffing my face with the rice that she also prepared along with the soup.

"Aigoo~ slow down or you might get indigestion." My grandmother told me. "Eat slowly, Mara-ya. My little baby haven't even had a proper meal after a long time."

​"I'm fine, halmoni. It's good when you miss something really bad once in a while, but seriously, I've been craving your cooking when I was back in Jeju though." I said and continued eating happily.

"Mara-ya, slow down. Tsk. But... my granddaughter looks extremely different today."

"Neh? How, halmoni? What makes you say that?"

She gave me a teasing smile and said, "It's a boy, isn't it? Don't even hide it! Halmoni knows things."

I scoffed. "Eii~ halmoni, I'm happy because I haven't seen you in a long time and I'm eating a food you made. Why wouldn't I be happy?"

"If it's the man who always comes here to set up the video chat for you and me so that we could talk, I approve." She said, pertain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter