Chapter 18

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARA

 

"I guess I have to sue you for violating my rights. You didn't even ask permission to take my pictures." I told Kris when I finally admitted that I saw his lock screen which was a picture of me that he secretly took earlier.

"Let's just fix it with a settlement. I would compensate you for my actions." He told me and held onto my shoulders and made me face him.

"By wha-" I was about to say, but he placed his lips against mine again and I felt him smile, I did too, in all honesty. I think I finally decided to give Kris Wu a chance, though I don't know where this was going as well.

I heard the elevator made a 'ding' sound, but Kris still didn't want to let go of me.

"Mara-sshi..." "Kris hyung..." Two people who were familiar with us said.

Kris and I moved away from each other and looked at the people in the elevator. It ended up being my boss and my ex-boyfriend.

I was shocked and I had no idea what to say to anyone. I was scared and a little embarrassed, but Kris held onto my hand and intertwined our fingers, giving me reassurance that we're in this together.

"What... what are you guys doing here?" Kris finally spoke.

I looked at my boss who really had nothing to say to what he just saw. I could tell hat he was really shocked and I could not help, but feel bad for him. He was betrayed by me and his best friend. Kris and I planned on telling them somewhere in the near future, but not now. Now was really not the time.

"What the are you doing, hyung?" Jongin asked his cousin. "I clearly warned you. The moment you told me you love her, I just had to rush here, forgetting everything else."

"Kai, let me explain." Kris said.

"No! You really just want everything for yourself, you selfish bastard! Don't talk to me!" Jongin told Kris, but then he faced me. "Mara-ya... please. I'm begging you. Let's talk. Please. I can't lose you like this." He cried.

I looked at Jongin and I could not help, but feel pain deep inside my heart after seeing him cry because of me. I didn't know what to do. The time I want to set myself free, the time I want to be happy again, the time I'm finally letting go, there's always something that stops it. I want to be happy. I want to live my life again, but why? Why do people have to get hurt when I do this?

I looked at everyone again. Kris didn't know what to say next and was just looking at his best friend, Jongin was looking at me and Kim Suho was just motionless.

"Mara-ya... please. Let's talk."

I looked at Kris and then he looked at me as well. "Kris..." I said and let go of his hand.

"Mara-ya..."

"Let me talk to Jongin." I told him.

"Fine, but promise me that you would never let go of me no matter what happens." He said to me and kissed the back of my hand.

I just nodded and I was still cautious of my boss' reaction, knowing that every single move I was making was hurting him. I walked ahead and Jongin followed me. We both went outside the hotel. It was extremely cold that night, but it wasn't as cold as the atmosphere Kris and I just created inside.

"Jongin-ah, you-"

Kai immediately crashed his lips harshly against mine. He grabbed my cheeks and I was struggling to get him away from me, but he would not let go. The kiss was hard and rough which made me feel that he just wanted me back because he was competing with his cousin. It wasn't love anymore. Jongin wanted me as a possession now, unlike before.

"Get off me!" I said and used all my strength to push him away. I slapped him across his face which I never did in the past. "Kim Jong In... you're unbelievable. You really are! What do you see me as?! Your toy that you could possess anytime?! Cause I'm not. I want to be happy. My world doesn't just revolve around you. I have the right to be happy as well like you do and Kris made me realize that. He made me realize that there's a lot more to the world when I finally get over you."

"Do you love him? Do you?!"

I couldn't answer him since I was still sorting out my feelings for Kris. He was a great person and I'm slowly starting to have feelings for him, but I'm just not ready to answer Jongin's question. "I... I..."

"You ing don't, Song Mara! I know you still love me! Come back to me, baby. I want you back. I told you this time around, I'm never gonna let go of you easily." He said and hugged me tightly.

"Jongin-ah... let go of me... please..." I begged him and tears started falling from my eyes. "Let me go... I want to let go of you too. Everything we had is already in the past and we could never bring it back. Let's accept it. We had our chance before, but it didn't work out. We've experienced pain from it and it's just time to move on from it. We deserve to be happy."

"You're my happiness, Song Mara."

"You lived your life without me for 3 years and you were fine, right?"

"No, I ing wasn't, Song Mara. I missed you like crazy." He told me and then again I was being caught in a trance. Kim Jong In never fails to leave me at peace.

"Jongin-ah... I'm trying to give Kris a chance so that I could finally forget about you." I said, tears running down my cheeks.

"No, baby, no. Please..." He said and held both of my hands, clasping them together. "Don't. I love you. Kris is just using you to get back at me. He wants the CEO position that I acquired and now he's taking his revenge by stealing you from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter