Chapter 11

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARA

 

I thought this night with the newest jerk in my life would turn out bad, but to my surprise, it's going pretty well. When CEO W- I mean, Kris-sshi offered to drop the formalities, I hesitated, but I ended up being persuaded. He wasn't wrong. We both came to Jeju Island as representatives, so were on the same page. Besides, calling him a CEO would be a little uncomfortable when we start working, so I decided to just call him Kris-sshi.

"Mara-sshi, you know we're going to be working non-stop after this day, right?" Kris asked me.

I just nodded and said, "Why? Is there anything you'd like to do, Kris-sshi?"

"Well, there are, but I don't want to do them alone." Kris said and wiped his lips after with the napkin on his lap.

"I could come with you if you like. I have nothing to do anyway." I just said. I slept during the afternoon to pass time, so I'm not really tired. I didn't want to go back to my room either since I just ate. I know I would just sit around until I fall asleep again, so might as well do something else and enjoy my free night in Jeju.

"Great! Let's go!" Kris immediately said like everything was already planned and he was just waiting for my answer. "Waiter! Check please." He called the waiter who was a few tables away from us.

"Kris-sshi, here." I looked through my wallet and gave him my credit card for our meal.

"Mara-sshi, I know I'm not the CEO anymore, but I'm not that poor. I can afford our meal." Kris said. He fished out his wallet from his pocket and I saw his eyes widen.

I just smiled secretly and gave the waiter my credit card. "Here you go."

"Thanks ma'am." The waiter said and left with the check.

Kris tried to avoid my eyes and took a sip of his water. "I'll... pay for our next meal. Promise."

I just remained silent, but I think he kind of took my silence in a wrong way.

"Why, Mara-sshi? Don't tell me there wouldn't be a next time! Do you really hate me?" Kris asked defensively.

I held both of my hands up and shook them to oppose what he just said. "No, Kris-sshi. There... would be definitely a next time."

 

KRIS

 

Mara and I finally left the restaurant after that embarrassing moment. It was awful. I expected to see some cash in my wallet, but there was none. I remember calculating my money while I was in the room the whole afternoon. I tried to budget my money and it worked out pretty well. It's enough for this month, well, with the exception of this night.

I'm glad Mara agreed to go out with me for the night though. I planned this whole night this afternoon though. I wanted everything to be ironed out. I also wanted to apologize to her for everything that I did. I've been a jerk. An awful one. I always hurt her feelings, but she does nothing, but forgive me and let it go. Why am I like this really?

Since I've been to Jeju multiple times for business trips, I got to know the place pretty well. It was really nice during the night. If I had my car, we would've gone for a ride, but unfortunately I didn't so we're stuck to the old-fashion walking.

I dragged Mara to the streets of Jeju where there was a lot of different shops for souvenirs, food, clothes and many more. It was a really cold out, but at least Mara and I were wearing thick clothing to last us for the night.

"Kris-sshi, we should buy some souvenirs!" Mara offered when we entered the souvenir shop.

"Mara-sshi, it's only our first day. We can buy those when we leave to Seoul." I replied. "For now, we can just buy food."

"We just ate, Kris-sshi. You're hungry again?"

I just nodded which made Mara smile. Just then, my heart started beating like crazy.

 

MARA

 

Kris and I were still walking around the streets of Jeju, food in our hands. I don't usually eat midnight snack, but now I know why everybody liked them. Everyone likes midnight snack because... they just like it. The man in the suit who was with me liked it the most though. I momentarily forgot that he was a rich kid by the way he was eating everything so deliciously, not to mention, rapidly.

"Aren't you full yet, Kris-sshi?"

"Why? Are you broke already, Mara-sshi? Did I eat too much?" He asked.

"Well... not really. I'm just asking."

"Ahh~ then I'll continue eating." He said and smiled.

"Neh."

The feeling of being outside was nice. It was freezing, but I'm glad that I'm outside again. To be honest, ever since Jongin and I broke up, I stopped going outside and forgotten what the word 'fun' meant. I've never gone out with someone in a while and being with Kris tonight was a change. A good change. I got my mind off of things, especially his cousin which was my 2nd purpose of coming here. It was really peculiar since Kris and I were just complete strangers a few weeks ago, boss and employee a few days ago and en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter