Chapter 5

Love Is Like A Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARA

 

I woke up the next morning and did the same exact routine that I always do. A lot of things happened the day before and how I wished they never happened at all.

I saw him again.

I feel like I'm in the exact same state I was 3 years ago. I really can't let go of him no matter how hard I try. And also, the fact that he said he had a legit reason for breaking up with me, made me hopeful. It made me think that we still have a chance.

I want to give us another chance.

 

 

I didn't have time to make coffee at home, so I just stopped by at Starbucks to get some. When I was waiting for my order in the waiting line, someone came to mind.

 

CEO Wu.

 

I really don't know what happened the night before. Fine! I went a little overboard and psychotic, but at least I let some of my anger out. But I really don't know how to face CEO Wu anymore. I'm so embarrassed that he saw me at that state! I'm so dead! for me that the collaboration project is just starting and there's a chance that I would run into him every time. I really hope not.

I erased the embarrassing thought away. I went straight to work and did the same stuff as usual. Organize my boss' schedule for the day, check my email and a bunch of other work that piled up since I left early yesterday.

My phone suddenly rang when I was highlighting my boss' schedule. I looked at the caller.

 

My Boss

 

"Good morning, Mara-sshi."

"Good morning, Sir." I said. My voice sounded funny. Oh, that's right. I was screaming my lungs last night. No wonder why my voice is hoarse.

"Will you miss me if I didn't go to work today?"

"Neh?"

"Of course you will." My boss said and hang up. In no time, he appeared right in front of my desk. "Good morning, Mara-sshi."

I bowed down to him. "You just greeted me that earlier, Sir."

"Well, that was over the phone. I wanted to greet you in person as well." He replied and flashed an angelic smile. "But, Mara-sshi-"

He stopped mid-sentence when he saw me looking around. My boss is not supposed to call me by my first name. When we're inside the building, we were told to be professionals and not address each other by our first names. The CEO of the company is the one breaking it, apparently.

He just smiled at my flustered face. "Ma-ra-sshi." He called my name, stressing out every syllable. "I'm technically not your boss yet." He looked at the time. "In 10 minutes, I will be, so let's just be comfortable with each other, okay?"

I don't want to, Sir. Who am I kidding? How can I refuse an angel? "Neh, Suho-sshi."

He smiled. "There you go. I never got to finish my question. What happened? Why is your voice like that? Are you sick, Mara-sshi?" He continuously asked. He put his right hand on my forehead and his left on his, to check if our body temperature are the same. "You don't seem to have a fever. What's wrong?" He said, and put his hands down to his side.

"Nothing, Sir. It's just a little sore throat from the weather change, I guess." I lied. I didn't want my boss to know what I did last night because of Kim Jong In. I don't want him to think of me as a psychopath, since getting fired as his secretary is not in my to-do list.

"You need to take care of yourself more, Mara-sshi. Anyways, I would've told you to go home, but I really want you here with me." He shyly smiled and scratch the nape of his neck.

"Neh?" I asked and the conversation that I overheard between him and Xiumin came to mind.

 

"Your girlfriend?"

"I wish."

 

The air was kind of awkward, so my boss just laughed out of nowhere and said, "Mara-sshi, I want you here with me because I need your assistance for the project."

"Yes. Of course, Sir." I sighed out of relief. I guess I was just mistaken from what I heard yesterday.

 

KRIS

 

I found myself inside my car, staring at Song Mara, who was in Starbucks. I was originally going to get a cup of coffee for myself as well, but I just stayed outside to observe her. For some reason, I didn't mind being late to work. Observing Song Mara interests me, for some reason.

She left the restaurant once she got her cup of coffee, so I did too as well and asked my chauffeur to drive me to the company.

 

Does she ever smile?

 

I reached the company and as usual, Xiumin was there to welcome me. "I found out more about her."

 

Once we were inside of my office, I immediately told Xiumin to report to me about Song Mara's background information.

"By the way, I didn't get much out of her boss though." Xiumin told me.

"Why?"

"I don't know! Kim Su Ho's being an overprotective boyfriend." Xiumin complained.

"Boyfriend?" I echoed. I didn't know Song Mara was dating Suho.

"Probably. When I came in his office yesterday, I kind of interrupted their business. Kim Su Ho, that hypocrite! He was the one who said there's a distinct line between a boss and an employee during business management in college." Xiumin shook his head and clicked his tongue.

"What were they doing when you walked in?" I asked.

Xiumin groaned. "Why are you asking me so many questions?"

"Isn't it your job to answer all of them?" I asked Xiumin back.

Xiumin looked at me in a weird way. "Ya... don't tell me... are you into Song Mara?"

"What?" I asked. Xiumin's question caught me off guard. I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter